Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

hey how u add i don't really use my yahoo much can i just add the email

Quote Originally Posted by TaciturnBadger View Post
    Okay, so I "added" the group to my Yahoo! messenger list.. but I don't see it anywhere. I haven't used this function before.. am I missing a step?
    erm, sry i haven't been around much, i'll have to find the troble shoot link for u abit later so look out for a change to this post!

Quote Originally Posted by Yazan View Post
    hey how u add i don't really use my yahoo much can i just add the email
    easy its just add it like any other person u would add to ur IM provider
    | MSN Phantasy Star | PSP2 | Neah HUbeast (F) 122 | Zhai FOcaseal 133 |

bump~~~
    | MSN Phantasy Star | PSP2 | Neah HUbeast (F) 122 | Zhai FOcaseal 133 |

Bumpdate~! (You see what I did there? :P) MSN Zero is now cooler than ever!

~**~
    ~Kastore: The Ancient~
    ~Archet - Beast - Male - Lvl 82+~

Maybe it's just because I'm using Adium, but this chat thing sucked. I'll stick to the boards and Free Play.
    Camille - HUnewearl - lvl 100 | Asterion - RAmarl - lvl 70 | Lucidique - FOnewearl - lvl 100

PM me your FC + nickname, if you add me.

PSO Assassin

Quote Originally Posted by Cruciarius View Post
    Maybe it's just because I'm using Adium, but this chat thing sucked. I'll stick to the boards and Free Play.
    Good luck NEVER having anyone to play with, and waiting like 40 minutes every time you wanna play. That's what happens when you use a Mac.

...is what I wanted to say when read your post.

You shouldn't just say something sucks, when no one from the group even remembers talking to you. You probably just logged in for 30 seconds and left. Try Windows Live for Mac, it works heaps better.

Yeah the group sometimes goes off-topic and stuff, but it's still a ton better than waiting 40 minutes on a message board just HOPING someone will wanna play with you. Not to mention using the group is nice because you have all these friends that are looking out for you.

Perfect example: The other day someone was hunting a Soniti Soul and didn't find it. Obviously everyone read about it, and the next time we did a run another member found it, and just gave it to him.

Obviously that won't happen for every item you want or whatever, but it's just a better social environment for playing a game like this.

Echo - Lv. 71 FOnewm | Ech01 - Lv. 99 HUcast
    Ech01's Trade List!

Actually, I was on a good half hour or an hour. Talked to people about Barnes & Nobles. Their were around 13 people on.

Anyway, Mac isn't the issue. It's likely just how Adium handles the group. It had all incoming messages grouped as 1 person with the message + time stamp. No individual names. Which is odd since I've done group chats with MSN users before and it didn't do that. Couldn't even do most of the commands the /help thing listed.

As for your so-called 40 minute wait, that never happens. At most, I might wait 5 minutes, when looking for a Free Play game. Maybe something is wrong with your network, if you wait 40 minutes.

The suggestion of using the official MSN messenger is funny. That thing is garbage. It's highly unstable (crashes often). As with all M$ software, it sucks.
    Camille - HUnewearl - lvl 100 | Asterion - RAmarl - lvl 70 | Lucidique - FOnewearl - lvl 100

PSO Assassin

I meant 40-minute waits on the boards. Free Play sucks, and should never even be considered if you actually want to get something done. At least you admit that it's Adium that sucks, unlike earlier where you implied our group sucks.

As far as Microsoft goes, well, that's just ironic that you'd use a $ when Apple's stuff is almost always more expensive. If you meant how much they make, you'd be right, considering that PC's have over 90% of the market share, but that's irrelevant apparently. Well, at least the "M$" messenger can actually display names properly. *shrugs*

Ech01's Trade List!

Adium doesn't suck. It's just how it handled the group. I've been in group chats with it before that functioned just fine.

I use a $ when talking about Microsoft, because they have so much money, but their stuff sucks. Xbox is known for it's 50%+ fail rate. Windows is known for it's viruses and blue screens of death. Zune is known for over heating, which causes the screen to crack. They also don't develop much themselves. They just buy it, slap their own name on it, then sell it. Xbox and that motion sensor system for Xbox are two perfect examples of things M$ bought from other people. They even bought Bungie, which caused them to make crap games.

Apple charges what they do, because of their higher quality hardware. Also, last I checked, Apple had more than 10% of the market, which means Windows has less than 90%. Both Mac and Windows are PCs, by the way. PC = Personal Computer = any computer owned by an individual.

As for the M$ messenger service, it's horrible. Messages aren't always sent. I have both Windows and Mac user friends who confirm this. The official MSN Mac messenger is unstable, which means it crashes often. Typical M$ software quality.

PSO Assassin

If you're not saying Adium sucks, then you're saying the group sucks. If you feel that way, fine, leave. Just know that a good sized group of people disagree with you.

PC is a Colloquialism that refers to IBM-compatible computers, and you know this, you're just splitting hairs.

Who even cares about this anyway? If you don't like using MSN to play PSZ, fine, just don't go around talking **** about it, because it's users (e.g., myself) might get offended.

Ech01's Trade List!