Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

AR alters the code of the game. because it dose this it can A) delet stuff B). Delete OTHER peoples stuff C) KEEL your game. or D) apsalutly nothing but you'll be still marked a cheater. All in all cheating is cheating. some people like the Gunblade glitch call it's skill because of the difficulty to pull off. but if it abuses the stats of the SYSTEM (E.g. Mario Kart DS Snaking) it's cheating period. cheating is cheating. end of story.

Made by Gama.

Abusing a glitch in a game is one thing. Say, out of scape dolls and photon drops and tired of being slaughtered by dark falz, so you use that certain glitch on him... I can understand that one.

Using a glitch through the entire game, for example, the gunblade glitch, isn't so good to do.

As for MK DS, while I would never snake (nor do I know how to), that isn't a glitch. It's an acquired skill that you're allowed to do, if you know how to do it. However, using it vs someone who hasn't mastered it or prefer not to use it, it's just not fair.

Using an AR in any game, is cheating. It doesn't matter what it is you do. If you can't win the game without AR, it's time to buy a different game.
    Camille - HUnewearl - lvl 100 | Asterion - RAmarl - lvl 70 | Lucidique - FOnewearl - lvl 100

PM me your FC + nickname, if you add me.

johnwolf: The Gunblade glitch is difficult? The few times I've used it (only to test it mind you, see if it even works.) I found that it's easy.

johnwolf: That is a MYTH. AR doesn't affect OTHER people's saves. You'd have to alter the code on the OTHER people's DS systems through the networking, which is impossible. AR codes only affect the user and the effects are observed (players with hacked stats have a 9999 heal and do 9999 damage) but are not experienced (not-cheating players don't gain the effects of the AR codes such as 9999 MST) by other players.

Also, gunblade glitches are too easy to pull off.

Snaking is not a glitch just like drifting in the Burnout games is not a glitch. Wavedashing in SSBM is a glitch, but since anyone can do it it's allowed in tourneys. Do you also consider item rerolling in PS0 to be cheating? Lots of people do it to gain Hadan Bites with extra percents and Bite Stamp and it abuses the save system of the game.

Lastly... There's no point in labeling cheaters as cheaters as they might not do it all the time and those who you play with and think don't cheat might be cheating and you don't see them do it. Those who cheat are pragmatic and those who are absolutely against it are trying to grow their epeen and any fictional "honor" they think they might have. It's not harmful, so why complain?

(Any players who want "natural" item trades don't want to feel "babied" by players who use AR codes to create items, which makes the game less fun and takes away the surprise of finding a legitimate item and weighing whether the deal is worth it or not.)
    PM to let me know of friendcode exchange~

-=PS0 Characters=-
    Shirlie (RAmarl)
    Spec (FOnewearl)
    Fio (HUnewearl)

Worgen Pride Biatch!!! Clavat99's Avatar
    On Eternal Towers 101st floor, sitting on Heavens Mother's mutilated corpse, taking in the view...

If you know how to hack into PSZ's coding and alter anything (if its gear, unlimited HP/PP, or appearance etc.) is totally fine, so long as you are NOT using anything that would crash, add a virus, or anything of the sort to either nintendo wi-fi connection, other peoples games, or your own game. No one says anywhere that messing with a copy of a game THAT YOU PAYED FOR AND OWN is not legit. I personally do it with emulators and such, and using the same thing with PSZ is fine too. Since it;s a co-op game, there is nothing wrong with making stuff easier for other people since you can kill bosses with one hit. And as for whoever sayd that "Playing with an AR char would make me wnat to delete mine"...Yeah, cause ending up with a guy that can kill anything in one hit, blaze through the hardest dungeons and get you more exp really fast and get you awesome items really fast is SO ANNOYING. Unless it's a deathmatch game like Metroid Prime: Hunters, who gives a crud.

P.S. Can you tell me were i can go to learn how to make Action Replay codes? I've been trying to figure that out FOREVER
    Last edited by Clavat99; Apr 15, 2010 at 10:56 PM.
    .:Soldiers of Eternity Guild Leader:.
    HUcasts FTW
    For all Elder Scrolls IV players: The Gates of Oblivion
    Check out my epic RPG at: http://starscapeng.webs.com

MPH hackers... *Shudders* I hate people who hack. I have seen at least 3 people firing off the omega cannon on Combat Hall.

On Eternal Towers 101st floor, sitting on Heavens Mother's mutilated corpse, taking in the view...

lol, I LOVE using trace. With trace. Since an imperialist headshot dosn't do damage, it just kills. thats like the only way to kill a hacker. (unless the dbag has a hack that prevents headshots) Have you found the wall hacks in cobat hall?
    HUcasts FTW

If you know how to hack into PSZ's coding and alter anything (if its gear, unlimited HP/PP, or appearance etc.) is totally fine
    If you're going to hack the game to make yourself invincible or give yourself anything you want, why are you even bothering to play at all?

No one says anywhere that messing with a copy of a game THAT YOU PAYED FOR AND OWN is not legit.
    Given that Microsoft banned people from Live who've modded their X-Boxes, I'd guess there ARE people who say that.
    F.C. #1 - 0346-1712-9688
    F.C. #2 - 3953-9438-3932

Time Zone - U.S. Central

Trade List - http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175354

Yeah, but there arent modding the consoles. they are modding the games. And they arent doing any sort of copyright infringement, so its perfectly legal, and nintendo may not like it, but people are going to do it anyway. and as to bein able to be invincible? Maybe someone has beaten th game on every difficuty level, as every type of charector, and is bored? or someone who just wants to enjoy themselves like not many others can? Thats why people hack co-op or single player games. I beat metroid fusion so many times, that it got boring, so i hacked it. (although people who hack nonco-op gaes are just n00bs who suck so horribly at the game, that they have to hack.)
    HUcasts FTW

Wow, a lot of mixed replies in here. Everyone here has a good point, I just hope this thread isn't going to inhibit people playing online with me.