Page 1 of 36 123411 ... LastLast

Default Marvel vs Capcom 3 (DLC: Shuma Gorath and Jill are ready to Play)

I ended up reading this from one of my forum hangouts. Some copy-pasta for you all.

Confirming the rumors posted the other day, PlanetXbox360 reported that Marvel vs. Capcom 3 was shown at Capcom's Captivate event in Hawaii.

There's an embargo on the details, so you won't be seeing screen shots, movies and other things until early next week, but here's the notes they were able to get together.

• Confirmed characters so far are Wolverine, Spider-Man, The Hulk, Magneto, Storm and a few others will return.

• The Marvel vs. Capcom 3 development team said they will be blowing fans out of the water with the sheer number of characters this game includes on the disc.

• This will be another 2D fighter — gameplay-wise — but will be something of a cross between the original Marvel vs. Capcom 2 and Street Fighter 4.

• The rumored release date is late 2010 or early 2011 on the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, no plans right now for other systems.

• The game will run in 1080p resolution.

• It will be a disc-based release.

• Apparently the game will have unlockables again.

• Marvel vs. Capcom 3 will be playable at this year's E3 which is held on June 15 - 17th.
    1080p?! I'm in. And a cross between MvC2 and SF4 in terms of gameplay? I'm sorta skeptical. I thought they'd continue with the Tatsunoko vs Capcom formula. That worked reaaaaallly well.
    So, are you hyped? Not amused? Not falling for it? Gotta team wishlist? We'll see what happens the next week. In the meantime, let's discuss.

Trailers

http://www.games.net/video/bts/14068...ement-trailer/

Deadpool and Dante featured in newest trailer.

http://kotaku.com/5561171/its-dante-...el-vs-capcom-3

The first actual gameplay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRkYo...ayer_embedded#

Amaterasu and Thor gameplay

Dormammu and Viewtiful Joe gameplay

X-23, Spiderman, Tron, and Wesker gameplay

Arthur, Spencer, Magneto and MODOK gameplay

Knave!

GET OVER HERE!!!

Magnetic Shockwave!

Kill yoooouuu!!!

Spiderman is wearing his symbiote outfit in this gameplay. The first thing you'll be seeing when it starts.

Zero and She-Hulk Gameplay

Edit: Crimson Viper and Storm CONFRIMED for MVC3!!!!

Haggar and Phoenix CONFIRMED.

Akuma and Taskmaster CONFIRMED

Sentinel and Hsien-Ko CONFIRMED

Galactus... There's no place for Earth to run now.

Shuma Gorath and Jill ARE READY!

Character List:

CAPCOM

Ryu
    Chun-Li
    Chris
    Dante
    Trish
    Felicia
    Morrigan
    Amaterasu
    Viewtiful Joe
    Tron Bonne
    Wesker
    Arthur
    Spencer
    Zero
    C.Viper
    Haggar
    Akuma
    Hsien-Ko

DLC:
    Jill

MARVEL

Wolverine
    Captain America
    Iron Man
    Deadpool
    Hulk
    Thor
    Dr. Doom
    Super Skrull
    Dormammu
    X-23
    Spiderman
    Magneto
    MODOK
    She-Hulk
    Storm
    Phoenix
    Taskmaster
    Sentinel

DLC:
    Shuma-Gorath

Boss:
    Galactus

Confirmed DLC:

DLC Costume pack- Available March 1st, 2011

* New costume for Ryu, Iron Man, Captain America, Dante, Chris, and Thor
    * All 6 are available for 400 Microsoft points or $5
    * These are NOT included in the special edition.
    * Check out the costumes here: http://www.capcom-unity.com/jgonzo/b...edia_explosion

Shadow Mode- Available March 1st, 2011

* The first Shadow Mode pack will include teams and AI from three Capcom staff members, including producer Ryota Niitsuma, associate producer Akihito Kadowaki, and a QA tester.
    * The first pack is scheduled for release on March 1st, 2011 with more packs becoming available for download at a later date. If you ever wanted to say you beat the producer of Marvel vs. Capcom 3 at his own game, this is your best shot.
    * These are NOT included in the special edition.
    * Pricing is currently undetermined.

Bought the special edition of MvC3? You get Jill and Shuma Gorath! Available March 15th, 2011.

* The SE version of the game comes with downloadable characters, Jill and Shuma Gorath. You may redeem these characters on March 15, 2011. We did not intentionally delay the DLC characters as we know how badly our fans want to play them. This was an unfortunate technical issue and we apologize for them not being available today.
    * For PS3 copies of the special edition, your PSN code is printed on the back of your art book. On March 15th, your PSN code will be available for activation. If you attempt to enter your code before March 15, 2011, PSN will tell you that it's an invalid code.
    * For Xbox 360 copies of the special edition, we will send you your Xbox LIVE DLC code on March 15, 2011. To register your email with our system, please visit: marvelvscapcom3.com/redeemand follow the step by step instructions. The code on the back of your art book is NOT a Xbox LIVE code but rather, the code you input into our redeem site.
    * Jill and Shuma-Gorath is the only DLC that comes with the special edition. Buying the special edition does not also make you eligible for other DLC.
    * Jill and Shuma-Gorath will still be available for purchase on March 15, 2011 for the people who did not buy the Special Edition. Each character will cost $5 or 400 Microsoft points.
    * What's the point of the special edition then you ask? For the same $10 premium that you pay for Jill and Shuma Gorath, you'll also get a steel case, custom sleeve, 48-page artbook, and 1-month free of Marvel Digital Comics.
    Last edited by Tyreek; Mar 8, 2011 at 07:58 PM.
    Remembering the Universe. Click below!

Who is this guy again? Shadowpawn's Avatar

You can't have a Marvel vs Capcom thread without this:

As for being excited, yeah I guess so. As long as they still have Stryder in the roster.

I too am kinda skeptical, but I have faith that they won't mess this one up. Even though nothing will beat my Godly amount of characters in Mugen.

I got a DC for MVC 2 back in the day, and I loved it to death. Even played it on 360 and got in the top 100 player rank (until they reset stats that is, who resets arcade stats really?) but I am looking forward to this.
    Forget Backspacing, Delete that S***

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

Oh my god, I am so STOKED.

Needs more Megaman X as a character. And make Roll not suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Delete View Post
    I too am kinda skeptical, but I have faith that they won't mess this one up. Even though nothing will beat my Godly amount of characters in Mugen.
    That Vergil is unreal. Really DMC3-faithful animation there.

Crazy Awesome Old Potato Man Guy HAYABUSA-FMW-'s Avatar

The end of that article from Planet Xbox 360 where they said: "Screw it, I'll make it official, its coming out... etc." was taken down.

With what happened for infamous MVC2, way too many characters, all ported over from previous games, even losing moves/abilities where some got a ton more, then there were too many GOD Tier characters where nobody else can keep up-

So why do they want to just:

The Marvel vs. Capcom 3 development team said they will be blowing fans out of the water with the sheer number of characters this game includes on the disc.
    Make mayhem again.

(Warusaki3 MUGEN creator's Jill and Hayato are more fun in a CvS2 style game, even though they were created for Marvel 2)

Roll like Tsunoko vs Capcom then? BROOOMM POWER

"It looks cool this way, let's stop."

In the words of an old compatriot... mash harder.

(I'm MAGNETO!)
    Tax the fucking churches.

MAGFUCKINNEEATO?

marvel babeh is the best video on youtubes

"It looks cool this way, let's stop."

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro_Vordex View Post
    Oh my god, I am so STOKED.

Needs more Megaman X as a character. And make Roll not suck.
    That and then Im happy.
    Respekt.