Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default I wish I had PSO. Is it as awesome as it looks, though?

The title pretty much sums up my thoughts. I watched a few videos on youtube of PSO bosses, and I really wish I had this game. I was wondering if it is truely as good as I think it is? All I know is it definately looks like it's more fun than PSZ.

Yes, yes it is.

Is there any reason you can't play Blue Burst?

]The Ragol Trilogy: Ragol's Gift, Ragol's Curse, Ragol's Legacy GT Xbox One: Eries Fury

Yes, PSO is as addicting as you see. If you like PSZ, then I'm you'll love PSO, granted PSO doesn't have a dodge roll or PAs. It does however have freechat and doesn't use FCs (meaning you can say whatever you want and game with whoever you want). I'm sure that alone more than makes up for the absence of dodge and PAs.

And it'd probably be better to start up with Blue Burst instead. Since it's free, you won't lose anything should you not like it. If you do, feel free to hunt down a console copy (DC/XBox/GC)

Uhh... Not sure. Somewhat considering a private server actually, but knowing me I won't get around to joining one. Ah well, I'll probably just wait for the next Phantasy Star game to come out. I honestly want something other than PSZ. It's a good game and all, but well, compared to watching clips of PSO and reading various fanfics, it just doesn't seem to have the sheer scale of PSO. I guess I'll probably end up getting a PSP when portable 2 comes out, just for a more in-depth Phantasy Star.

I guess I just created this topic because of how much I'd like to experience the original PSO games. I even have the blueprints in my head for some fanfics based on the origional PSO games, which I've never played. Perhaps it's a good thing I don't have the game, I'd probably die of starvation after a few days because I was too buisy playing the game to eat.

Edit:
    @psofan: Also, another cool thing I noticed about PSO from watching the vids is that the combat is faster, and the techs are much flashier.

BTW, I noticed this is my 200th post. Perhaps a sign I should get PSOBB? Or am I just delusional? Probably the second one.
    Last edited by Seth Astra; May 1, 2010 at 11:44 PM.

Well either way, Blue Burst is your best choice to start with. It's free after all, so you're not losing anything other than the time it takes to download and install the game. And you can even play PSZ while you wait If you decide to get Blue Burst, PM me and I'll help you out

Honestly, because of reasons that I simply won't talk about, I don't see myself getting PSOBB. Also, I'd be more likely to play MH Tri while I wait, since I'm pretty far in PSZ, so its getting a little dull. Plus the lack of the community support of PSO. But thanks for offering me help, though.

Well, just keep that in mind I'm willing to help. But the lack of community support for PSO practically died when Sega cut their servers, and the release and popularity of PSU didn't help much either, but PSO's still a strong game with a lively community... just, not here

Also, if you are considering joining the server we play on, account registration is currently disabled by administrative order until further notice.

@HeartBreak: Yeah, I think I remember you writing that. Ah well, I'll just wait till registration is reopened.

Quote Originally Posted by psofan219 View Post
    Well either way, Blue Burst is your best choice to start with. It's free after all, so you're not losing anything other than the time it takes to download and install the game. And you can even play PSZ while you wait If you decide to get Blue Burst, PM me and I'll help you out
    What he said... =P
    Because I needed a signature...