Threaded View

THE POWER IS YOURS!!! CaptainPlanet's Avatar

Default Movie: Phantasy Star Prime

Hey guys! Some of you may remember me from the thread about the upcoming PSU-themed fight film. For those of you who followed that topic until it fizzled out, I'm back with a bit of news. First, the bad news. The project has been canceled.

Bummed out? Don't Be! It worked out for the better! Rather than simply creating a fight film with Phantasy Star themed weaponry, my co-producer and I have decided to create a feature-length Phantasy Star movie. I was originally all for the fight film until a few nights ago when I was bored at work and talked to my co-producer, William Hartshorn, on the phone. We were discussing cool ideas for our fight film when he mentioned that he really wanted to work on a project with more narrative. At first, I was optimistically cautious about this idea. The original plan was to make a short film that featured a couple of average guys duking it out with photon weapons. At the time, I felt the best course of action was to keep it simple so that we could appeal to the widest audience possible.

But needless to say, Will planted a seed in my head that night. So, bored at work with nothing to do between rounds, I began to scribble story ideas. It avalanched from one or two cool scene ideas to a rough outline of an entire feature film very quickly. I just got off from my third night of work in a row and I am excited to tell you guys that I have a rough outline for a good and proper Phantasy Star movie fresh out of the printer!

I submitted a copy of the movie outline to Will this morning as he was coming on the job and I was going off. He is going to read it over a few times today and call me later with his thoughts and ideas on the film. I never truly put my writing skills through their paces until these past three nights and I think we have an instant winner on our hands! I was so excited to get home and get this message out to you guys this morning! The only problem is... I wish I could tell you guys everything about the movie so far, I really do! I just don't want to A) spoil the entire movie while it's still in its early production stages, and B) give someone else the chance to take my story material and use it for themselves before we get our movie out to the public.

But alas, I want to share all this material with at least ONE fan here! So that's what I'm going to do. I'm really not sure of an appropriate way to go about this, but if you are not concerned with spoiling the movie for yourself, are trustworthy, and would like to see the rough outline of the story material thus far, send me a PM and I will send you the material to look over. In return, I ask for your honest opinion to be written here in this topic (without spoilers!).

What I CAN tell you about the movie is the following:

* The name of the movie is Phantasy Star Prime.
    * The movie is an original story of the events that take place on Earth from the time the Alisa III arrives to the point where Earthmen destroy Palma.
    * We will be putting a modern twist on the franchise while staying true to the source material.
    * Staying true to the tradition of the franchise, Dark Force (Dark Falz) will play a pivotal villain throughout the movies.
    * There are three main characters, Neon, Michael, and Rose.
    * There will be at least one CAST in the first film alone. After that, there will be hundreds.
    * Neon fills the role of the Hunter.
    * Michael fills the role of the Force.
    * Rose fills the role of the Ranger.
    * Quality over time. It will be done when it's polished to perfection.

Last edited by CaptainPlanet; Jan 9, 2011 at 04:46 AM.