Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

To Mike,

This is Dallas. I joined the forums to keep in touch whenever we're not hanging out with the guys.

I've begun pulling together music for the soundtrack and will have a demo CD ready within the next two weeks. Found some pretty fitting techno/futuristic themed music already.

I'll be in touch.
    Currently Involved In:
    - Phantasy Star Prime (A fan film project headed by PSO-World's CaptainPlanet) as an actor and member of supporting soundtrack development.
    Original Works in Progress:
    - Storm Blade, a short novella following the journey of a dishonored swordsman.
    - Various short stories of the Sci-Fi and Horror genres.

THE POWER IS YOURS!!! CaptainPlanet's Avatar

Wow, this is a surprise! Good deal, Dallas! I already have a lot of the soundtrack figured out but maybe some of your stuff would fit the film even better. definitely keep me posted!

Everyone, meet Epsilon, our CAST in the movie, played by Dallas AKA StormBlade.

Hello. I came abroad yesterday after taking a look at the script and getting a brief rundown of the storyline.

All I can say without revealing too much is this: I listened to the story for two minutes and immediately jumped on board. It's going to be extreme!

To add on to the awesomeness: I've never played a Phantasy Star game! What?!
    Currently Involved In:
    - Phantasy Star Prime (A fan film project headed by PSO-World's CaptainPlanet) as an actor and member of supporting soundtrack development.

We'll have to change that sometime. I've gotten Neon and Sarah hooked on PSO. They've grown to love the source material. lol

I'll get to it. I'm going to download me a Sega Emulator and play the original Phantasy Star, to get some of the basic background, because this IS a prequel.
    Currently Involved In:

Update from Sound Department to Mike: I read through the script fully (blew my mind: I love the story you created) and made notes on several songs you had mentioned. In regards to asking for permission on several songs and finalizing the music, I estimate...two weeks until I can present my creation.

As for my fitting for Epsilion's costume: When we have an idea for shooting dates, I'll let you know.

- Dallas
    Currently Involved In:

Sounds good Dallas, thanks! I look forward to seeing what you have in store!

Update: Sent out the requests for usage today. I've also begun a thread on the Newgrounds forums, inviting others to contribute tracks to the cause. Hopefully, we'll have a good selection to listen to and choose from.

Also, I was curious. How decent of a camera are we using to shoot this? Is it a moderate, usual Youtube camera, or did we somehow pull together with a decent one that at least takes away the home video look?
    Last edited by StormBlade; Jun 3, 2010 at 12:39 PM.
    Currently Involved In:

We're going all out. We are setting our standards at 720p resolution or higher. Preferably higher. We want the best picture and sound quality that we can afford, and I know those high-def cameras aren't cheap, but for a fan film, this is a high-budget project.

Message to the fans:
    Again, I would like to reiterate that this is not going to be your run-of-the-mill fan film. Hundreds of dollars have already been spent on this project and possibly thousands more will follow, especially if, in the future, we decide to take it further and cut a deal with SEGA to purchase distribution rights for the film or even, god willing, get them to back the film for a possible remake in the distant future if they really like it. There is a good chance that if and when we approach SEGA with this film that it will cease to be made public, and if so, that's okay. At least we can say that we had a great run, but we will wait a few years and let the film be enjoyed by the fans for a while before we take that kind of a risk.

The film leaves itself wide open for a sequel and the hidden cliffhanger (shown after the first half of the credits) will leave some of the more knowledgeable Phantasy Star fans burning with questions and wanting to know more! For an independent film, I URGE you all to set your standards high and expect nothing but quality from this film.

UPDATE: 6/03/2010

Here is another demo of the credits with an updated roster and more fitting music than the previously selected music. Enjoy!

Fan-freaking-tastic, Mike! That's the news I wanted to hear! I love how far we're taking this.

Also, we have the support of the Newgrounds Audio Community! Almost everyone is allowing us to use their original works, even with the chance of them not making the cut, which they have said is prefectly fine. We have a large list of contributors from Newgrounds already and tomorrow, it'll only getting bigger!

On that note: Did you compose the song on the new credit demo? If you do, that's pretty sweet. I've gotten enough songs so far to have the credits by instrumental.
    Last edited by StormBlade; Jun 4, 2010 at 11:44 AM.
    Currently Involved In: