Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by kongajinken View Post
    They need to give us a shield that causes four times the amount of laser show per block for that mission.
    I'm pretty sure the enemies will have their hp lowered *_*
    [LEFT]PSO2「香織」RA48 /GU36/HU33/FI16/ SHIP 09

Quote Originally Posted by TUSCAN View Post
    Solo Jump S isn't challenging?
    No not at all although im a hunter so ofcourse its gonna be easy maybe i should try soloing it on force without death weapons, that would be alot harder.
    Last edited by GJARE; Jun 13, 2010 at 05:44 PM.

PSO Assassin

Quote Originally Posted by GJARE View Post
    No not at all although im a hunter so ofcourse its gonna be easy maybe i should try soloing it on force without death weapons, that would be alot harder.
    Well, I've only played the mission a couple times, I'm over 20 levels lower than the enemies and I generally don't use instant death weapons, but I'm calling BS on this one. It's a challenge, there isn't a lot of room for error.

Quote Originally Posted by Typestatic View Post
    I'm pretty sure the enemies will have their hp lowered *_*
    Lowered health doesn't mean the enemies will light up like a lightbulb when I shield though so lowered health is irrelevant.
    Reality hits like a baseball bat, duck-taped to a bus thats moving very fast!
    Japanese body pillows - Why not go the next mile and buy a blow up doll?
    Old people, they may look friendly but can you really trust them?
    Light-Blessed Crusader's Divine Rainbow Hand of Just Righteousness
    http://www.vat19.com/dvds/worlds-largest-gummy-bear.cfm

Quote Originally Posted by TUSCAN View Post
    Well, I've only played the mission a couple times, I'm over 20 levels lower than the enemies and I generally don't use instant death weapons, but I'm calling BS on this one. It's a challenge, there isn't a lot of room for error.
    i dont know i find it not a challenge imo but this is just my opinion i guess other people just feel its a challenge. Also i do use Death weapons for that mission this is probably why.
    Last edited by GJARE; Jun 13, 2010 at 09:06 PM.

The Artist Formerly Known As... Something Else SammaeltheDark's Avatar

Shielding isn't a broken mechanic in practice. That's like denouncing Street Fighter 3 'cause all you have to do is just parry everything and you win. Easy to say, but hard to do in practice and those who can do it deserve praise.

This challenge seems like it'd be a pain in the butt due to lag timing, though.
    ノーマン (Nohman), Lv.125 Male Human, BR 34, 1 Rebirth (PSP2i)

Quote Originally Posted by SammaeltheDark View Post
    Shielding isn't a broken mechanic in practice. That's like denouncing Street Fighter 3 'cause all you have to do is just parry everything and you win. Easy to say, but hard to do in practice and those who can do it deserve praise.
    Johnwolf Approves this message!

Made by Gama.

Quote Originally Posted by SammaeltheDark View Post

This challenge seems like it'd be a pain in the butt due to lag timing, though.
    your right but unlike sf3 the timing to block in psp2 isnt exactly hard while the attacks in this game arnt really fast at all except some opponents like shizurus also you are left invincible for a short amount of time making it easier to react to the next attack iirc. once again this is all my opinion instant blocking just made this game alot more fun it just seems way to easy for me. and ya i forgot to take into account into lag timing.
    Last edited by GJARE; Jun 14, 2010 at 09:00 PM.

The Artist Formerly Known As... Something Else SammaeltheDark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GJARE View Post
    your right but unlike sf3 the timing to block in psp2 isnt exactly hard while the attacks in this game arnt really fast at all except some opponents like shizurus also you are left invincible for a short amount of time making it easier to react to the next attack iirc. once again this is all my opinion instant blocking just made this game alot more fun it just seems way to easy for me. and ya i forgot to take into account into lag timing.
    When I was first playing the PSP2 demo I thought that blocking would be broken as well, but I feel it's balanced well into the game. It finally gives you a way to avoid what used to be completely undodgeable attacks. Enemies were also tuned to be more aggressive. Sure the cost of blocking is low and you can hold block to reduce damage if you miss anyhow, but it does require some timing opposed to the combat roll which is an easy out, but has a higher PP cost.

Also I've just kinda assumed but never bothered to find out for sure that you can only block stuff in front of you, much like how getting hit from behind negates EVA.

I dunno. I had my misgivings about blocking at first but think it's really well balanced into the game.
    ノーマン (Nohman), Lv.125 Male Human, BR 34, 1 Rebirth (PSP2i)

I like that blocking makes you fall immune. I use it sometimes to take a straight shot to the back just so I don't have to get back up again.
    Reality hits like a baseball bat, duck-taped to a bus thats moving very fast!
    Japanese body pillows - Why not go the next mile and buy a blow up doll?
    Old people, they may look friendly but can you really trust them?
    Light-Blessed Crusader's Divine Rainbow Hand of Just Righteousness
    http://www.vat19.com/dvds/worlds-largest-gummy-bear.cfm