Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

Quote Originally Posted by astuarlen View Post
    I don't know what this tastes like, but Magic Hat appears to offer something called Wacko. It's your civic duty to drink some and tell us what you think. How can you say no to this face: ?
    I tried a few sips last night. It was pretty good, but to me (remember beer is not my main drink), it tasted very similar to #9.

Last night I had a party at my place. While I was washing out the empties this morning, I came across three bottles of Wacko. I'm going to dig around in my fridge and see if there's still one or two hanging out, as I didn't get a chance to try it out.

As dangerous as it is, I tend to try a bit of anything. As such, I've had a special concoction of my cousin's of moonshine that tastes just like fresh apple pie and aside from the fact that even though it was cut down it was still about 60 proof it was delicious. Beers I've had a number of different kinds. I rather liked Peroni, Warsteiner, and Guiness. I've had a number of others but can't recall names but found I liked them for the most part, probably because I tend to like bitter drinks. Mike's Hard [Insert Product Name Here] have all been good, especially the Pomegranate Lemonade and Apple.

Mixed drinks I've only had a small number, with mojitos and Bloody Mary drinks taking the top. Though, I also tried a so-called pomegranate martini which was also wonderful, though I am partial to pomegranates and that's likely why. I had a Mai Tai, which was good but that was about my threshold for alcohol.

Wines I've yet to have a bad one. Depending on my mood, and what I'm eating, I'll go for white or red. Truly, red wine does taste best with meat and cheese.

I'm no afficionado, I simply like trying new things whether they be alcoholic beverages or any other foodstuffs. Most of the time it pays off and I find yet another thing I liked.

As for what I drink with regularity, it's iced tea. No sweetener, with lemon. Again, my taste for bitter drinks comes out strong here. I did drink coffee regularly a while back but haven't had any for months now. Juices and soft drinks are the exceptions to my bitter drink rule. I love juice of almost any kind though pomegranate-cranberry is by far my favorite. I'm not sure whether it qualifies as a juice, as that is what it is, or as a soft drink but I love Izze branded drinks as well, specifically pomegranate and clementine. Coke is my favorite soft drink, preferably from Mexico to be sweetened by cane sugar rather than corn syrup, though ginger ale and Squirt I also like.

I hate fruit punch drinks. They're generally horribly sweet and just awful. I blame my hatred of fruit punch and pizza on my childhood where I simply had far too much of both, though pizza (due to grease) upsets my stomach as well. I've found the lactose in milk also upsets my stomach, though milk-based products like ice cream, chocolates, and such do not produce the same effects and I consume them regularly. I recently tried lactose free milk and found it did not upset my stomach so I might resume drinking it and eating cereal as I do love cereal.