Angry HELP! PSO ep 1 & 2 for gamecube

I just started playing PSO ep 1 & 2 again recently and I believe i have run into a glitch.

I cannot progress to the caves in offline mode on hard mode.

The principal will not open it up no matter how many times I beat the stupid dragon.

I have attempted speaking to him before, during, and after completeing the forest.

No matter what I seem to do he just won't let me move on... He just says something along the lines of, "I am in charge of 30000 people on this ship...blah blah blah..." The scientist to his left (my right when facing him) says, "I heard you have recieved a message from rico...blah blah blah....please keep looking for her."
    The scientist to his right, my left, says, "As a scientist im intrigued...blah blah blah...as a citizen im scared."

It's really frustrating because I just can't remember if there was any other pre-reqs for moving on.

I am lvl 38, and I own everything in the forest so easily that it's not even fun anymore. So I gotta move up.

What can I do to correct this problem? Or what am I noobishly forgetting to do?

will it be a rare drop? chrisramar's Avatar

havent played in a while but as far as i can remember after you beat the dragon go straight to the princeaple and he says something like 'what it attacked you?....
    continue you investigation please' then go to the teleporter and caves should be available.

i dont think it matters but have you done all of the forest quests? or all all the quests available at time?

so im not sure why yours isnt working? have you tried taking to the assistants as well?

If you played a downloaded quest offline AND saved when you don't have all the areas unlocked yet, you will not be able to unlock any other places in normal mode. This means, the only way to fix this is to delete your character and remake it.

I have not played any downloadable quests, ever, on any character. Never even played online once. Also, FYI, it's hard mode. Everything is unlocked just fine in normal. I have attempted talking directly to the principal immidiately after killing the dragon to no avail. He still says the same thing. I also noted in my original post that I have talked to the assistants, before and after slaying the dragon. I am currently working on completing all of the forest quests, however, I did not have to do that in normal mode.

well keep trying, maybe try opening all areas in forest 1 and forest 2?

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

I can't imagine this would help in any way, but have you touched the monolith for the Forest? You've probably already done it, but just curious.

That doesn't affect anything

I can not figure out what could possibly be wrong here. This is a symptom of playing download quests offline.

You have 2 options.

1. Swich to Episode 2. When you beat Episode 2 in Hard, you'll unlock Very Hard for both episodes.

2. Re-make your character as somehow you've gotten totally glitched up. I have no idea how though.