Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Crazy Awesome Old Potato Man Guy HAYABUSA-FMW-'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miyo View Post
    For example, I like games like the Monster Hunter and Phantasy Star Online/Portable series, where you create a character, can walk around a town/hub and then you go off and fight with your family or friends. Teen Rated game would help, most of my family doesn't like Mature Rated games.
    Is there anymore PSP games like that?
    Its not about loot (treasure chest finds-cash/clothing are in though), synthesis, combining, quests, but def some easy to play 3D brawler stuff with walking around towns:

Amazon Price hasn't really gotten a good deal yet was as low as $33 once there though.

Gamestop price is better, but now no longer ships out stock online, darn. Could be tough to find in your areas.

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/Prod...oduct_id=76105

-

You can customize your gear from store choices. Hairstyles/clothes/pants/shoes.

Solo play, just call your friend from the cell phone menu, or any defeated bad dudes from other schools - some of them def. too old looking to still be in school~one of the jokes revolves around that too!

Atlus did a fun translation while keeping a Teen rating.

-Mini-games, no, sucks.
    -Completion % tracker, yes.
    -Relationship storyline/choosing potential love interest/being suitor, yes.
    -Album/journal to let you know what you have done/left to do, yes.
    -Can repeat cutscenes in some movie player, no.
    -Transfer saves/save lock - haven't checked but should be no. Don't hold it against me though!

You can take your own screenshots, helping bridge the gap a bit from people who only pirate and play on emulators/pirate to Pro Disk mem cards/Flashed OS, and you want to keep your PSP 100% legit and clean. A feature more PSP games could def use.

I've got some of those to drop down this way - show off the cutscenes a little. But the stylish pre-fight stuff with word choice you sadly can't take pics of while its definitely a sight to see.

A little bit of a grind, as you do start off pretty weak with a limited moveset but every level or defeated person, you can take their big moves and add them to your bank. And leveling comes quick and easy in the beginning of the game. A 7 day school trip with morning/afternoon days, with multiplay being sneaking out at night to level up with another player whom has the game. Haven't tried besides solo. First playthrough about 15 hours, was not even close to strong enough for boss at apparent to that point endgame, on second playthrough - defeated schools/exp/skills/stats all carryover.

Something like a Persona 4 was def too short on those school trips to that whole 'nother island. This helped make up for that one quite a bit. Teaches you some Japanese words/phrases/customary temple foods in the slightly animated loading screens, now need me a "sukeban" to say "That's my suke!" though I'm supposed to be a bancho badass shibui man, non shabazo, with his own peon maggots and followers...

As well learning what/where/why "Kora-ora-ora-ora!" was something I wanted to know for a while.

-
    Spoiler!

That's a bit more silly than the original Japanese

Another game you might be interested in is the recently released "free" rouge-like from Acquire. It's all in Japanese but has multiplayer, item making, and the base game is free.

Godeater is more like Dynasty Warrior: Strikeforce than it is Monster Hunter. The multiplayer looks fairly awesome.

Also, has anybody seen Square's Action/RPG?

It has a little auto aim in there, not to mention much more fast pace than MH.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I'll research the games you guys mentioned sometime.
    Anymore suggestions?