Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Good PSP Multiplayer Games?

Hi everyone.

I have been wanting a new PSP Offline Multiplayer game recently, but I've been having trouble finding one.

I like Offline Local 4-Player Action Adventure, RPG (Whatever genre the Phantasy Star series is ) Multiplayer that I can back up. ("Back up" as in, copy the save data from one memory stick to another)

For example, I like games like the Monster Hunter and Phantasy Star Online/Portable series, where you create a character, can walk around a town/hub and then you go off and fight with your family or friends. Teen Rated game would help, most of my family doesn't like Mature Rated games.
    Is there anymore PSP games like that?

The PSP Games that I have are:
    Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (Obviously )
    Phantasy Star Portable (Not the second one)
    Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology
    Tekken 6 (Though I'm not a big fan of 1-on-1 fighters, but Tekken was fun)
    Naruto Shippuden: Narutimate Accel 3
    Dynasty Warriors: Strike Force

I also like the Disgaea series, but I have already played through Disgaea 2 so I'm not sure if I would want it on my PSP.

Do you guys have any suggestions?
    Thanks for reading.
    Last edited by Miyo; Jun 24, 2010 at 10:04 AM.

You could try "God Eater", although its in Japanese. If you liked Monster Hunter, you might like this. I also hear the english version is coming out later this year.

Thank you for the quick reply!

I researched "God Eater" a little and it looks like a lot of fun, but it does seem to be quite a bit like Monster Hunter.

Can I ask a question about it? Since it has a Story Mode and apparently a "Free Mode" (Where you can create your own character and play with friends), do you have to unlock things in Story Mode? Or does Story Mode have more content in it than the "Free Mode"? Or can you just play "Free Mode" and never touch Story Mode?

Most games with a "Free Mode" and Story Mode seem to be more focused on the Story Mode and it seems to have more cotent/or you have to unlock stuff for "Free Mode" in Story Mode, which I don't really like, usually.
    Or am I missing something?

Thanks for the suggestion! The game does look fun. I'll look into it more when it comes out in America.

EDIT: 50th Post!
    Last edited by Miyo; Jun 24, 2010 at 06:16 PM.

Actually, Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker is supposed to be really good, and has a strong focus on multiplayer.

While it is an action game instead of an RPG, it does have a multiplayer focus and similar quest-based progression to games like Monster Hunter. (Additionally, there are actually several Monster Hunter "cameo" missions, in which you hunt MH creatures with Metal Gear characters.)

Unfortunately, I can't say much about its story, I was only able to play the demo, I was also able to create a character on the demo.
    Last edited by Bomber The Cosmonaut; Jun 24, 2010 at 02:29 PM. Reason: Mmm, should have Quoted Miyo's Post. Ah well.

Quote Originally Posted by Outrider View Post
    Actually, Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker is supposed to be really good, and has a strong focus on multiplayer.

While it is an action game instead of an RPG, it does have a multiplayer focus and similar quest-based progression to games like Monster Hunter. (Additionally, there are actually several Monster Hunter "cameo" missions, in which you hunt MH creatures with Metal Gear characters.)
    Thanks for your reply.
    Isn't the MGS series first-person shooters however? Sorry to say that I'm not a big fan of those.

But either way, thank you for your suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by BomberStrife View Post
    Unfortunately, I can't say much about its story, I was only able to play the demo, I was also able to create a character on the demo.
    That's okay. I'll research it on my own.

Thanks guys!

Metal Gear Solid is heavy on the stealth. You can get away in some cases with guns blazing, but usually you end up dead if you dont think and sneak.
    Coming Soon!

^ Oh okay... But I never have really been interested in the MGS series, but I guess I may check it out sometime just in case I do end up liking it.

Thanks for the suggestions and replies guys!

If you have a PS3, I'll play some Monster Hunter Unite with you.
    As for suggesting some games... eh.

I don't play many PSP games, specially not anymore, so I cant recommend any good ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Miyo View Post
    I researched "God Eater" a little and it looks like a lot of fun, but it does seem to be quite a bit like Monster Hunter.

Can I ask a question about it? Since it has a Story Mode and apparently a "Free Mode" (Where you can create your own character and play with friends), do you have to unlock things in Story Mode? Or does Story Mode have more content in it than the "Free Mode"? Or can you just play "Free Mode" and never touch Story Mode?
    It's story missions and free missions, like PSP1 and PSP2. You can do free missions all you want to collect materials but you'll be limited to what missions you can accept until you do certain story mode missions.