Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ashley50 View Post
    If you're getting a PSP just for a single game, it'll be better to spend it on something more useful.
    I feel like I should point out the scads of awesome games for the PSP

Getting a PSP for a single game may be a bit foolish, but it's what you do with it afterwards that makes it worthwhile~
    Through Nests of Dragons, Beneath Caves of Demons
    Along Halls of Warriors, Between Ruins of Villians
    Courageous avatars of peace stand unyielding.

Follow this link for an expansive listing of my swag

There is usually one game that makes me buy a console, but after you get the console, you discover a lot other games you may like. Valkyria Chonicles 2 is released this summer, for those who don't know :P

Quote Originally Posted by XenithFlare View Post
    Getting a PSP for a single game may be a bit foolish, but it's what you do with it afterwards that makes it worthwhile~
    Quote Originally Posted by landman View Post
    There is usually one game that makes me buy a console, but after you get the console, you discover a lot other games you may like.
    You two are both right about that *hear hear*
    [LEFT]PSO2「香織」RA48 /GU36/HU33/FI16/ SHIP 09

Quote Originally Posted by Typestatic View Post
    The on-line mode will definitely make it last long. Having a community to play with has it's benefits *looks at chat link*

The main problem that a majority of new PSP users will come across are the controls; it will take some time adjusting for long hours of play.
    Community is the key here. Without a community of friends (real or internet), you'll get bored faster.

As for the controls, I thought they were pretty easy to get used to. It's a little harder if you're making the switch from PSP1 though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolitron View Post
    I plan to make an endgame tutorial for this game (mostly focused on Braver). Let me know if anyone would find it interesting or use it when they play PSPo2.
    Aye!
    トビ~

Hard to say. I imagine that PSP2 has better gameplay and more content than PSU ever had or will ever have but because it's on a handheld and not a home console ( or the pc ) it probably won't have that staying power that PSO or PSU did.

More content. This is true.

Better gameplay? Well this a matter of opinion. Although I play PSPo2 now, I do prefer PSU's gameplay.

Unfortunately, it is on a handheld, and as such handhelds simply do not have the processing power of a PC/PC3 (notice how I omitted Xbox 360 and PC2).
    www.xat.com/psp2 to chat about psp2 and to run with an english speaking psp2 community.

【JP PSPo2:i】 [FNewm Lvl83 FO11] [FDewm Lvl90 FO12] [FCast Lvl200 HU30 BR30] [FBeast Lvl198 HU30 BR 28]

Quote Originally Posted by Lolitron View Post
    Unfortunately, it is on a handheld, and as such handhelds simply do not have the processing power of a PC/PC3 (notice how I omitted Xbox 360 and PC2).
    What do you mean by PC2/3, PlayStation?
    And just to be sure, the PSP is far inferior to the PS2.
    Vanguard Race Guide ~ Japanese DLC In All Regions
    Announcement from SEGA: There are minor delays on ships 1~10 due to a signal failure. All other lines are running a good service.

"Unconcious" in Forest 2 T_Esquire's Avatar

Handhelds tend to be a couple generations behind the current so I'd equate the PSP to the PS1 than the PS2 (like how the DS is more akin to an N64, GBA the SNES and the GB the NES).
    I guess... It wasn't enough... Hee hee hee... Perhaps I was overthinking things... Awww... After thinking about all that... I'm starved! Let's head home.

Quote Originally Posted by T_Esquire View Post
    Handhelds tend to be a couple generations behind the current so I'd equate the PSP to the PS1 than the PS2 (like how the DS is more akin to an N64, GBA the SNES and the GB the NES).
    The PSP has similar picture quality to the PS1, but has much better processing power... it can emulate it.

EDIT: I hope I got it wrong and you weren't comparing graphical capabilities. The GB != NES, it was monochrome.
    Last edited by Izuna; Jul 8, 2010 at 11:29 PM.
    Vanguard Race Guide ~ Japanese DLC In All Regions
    Announcement from SEGA: There are minor delays on ships 1~10 due to a signal failure. All other lines are running a good service.