Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Crazy Awesome Old Potato Man Guy HAYABUSA-FMW-'s Avatar

Default SONIC 4 Contest - Meetup - With RubyEclipse @ Sega San Francisco!

--
    ---
    ----

Hey Everyone.

With some back and forth quickly plan clearance from RubyEclipse, Using SEGA's office ground floor reception area to film for the Sonic 4 video contest is available.

I'm in the process of pulling people together to film some skits as well as hopefully getting enough people out to sing some songs honoring Sonic and his birthday.

Classmates with some Video Production experience, big Pro looking cameras, some of them "cosplay" kinda pros with creating outfits and armor armlet pieces, etc.

But not to fear, if you'd like to come out and use some of our assets or people in costume for your skits, we'd be more than welcome to help - per time constraints getting down to the last weekend and the videos are due on Monday the 12th.

:::
    FAQ:
    :::

What are you looking for/what are we doing/wat?
    - Volunteers, other video makers who wanted a location to shoot at, costumed people from SEGA games if you're already in that sorta scene and know your stuff, or people who would want to try for the first time - sure you'd be welcome. Simply come as a SEGA fan, in regular street/work clothes if you'd like as well.

When where? How to?

- Sega's office in San Francisco, California - Bay Area. Come out and make a day of it on the town, plenty of other things to do for a trip out this way - of course easier being for people already in the surrounding immediate area.

- Preliminary planning dates as of right now - FRI or SAT afternoon - hopefully I get word of people's schedules - including Ruby's preference and relay the exact date, for now, FRI - SAT to not run into SUN with a last minute editing crunch and possible technical errors that might prevent submission to contest.

It was also discussed possibly shooting @ the Sony Metreon, it being a large convention like hub/gaming center/movie theaters etc - with some post production editing out the words to make it a SEGA Arcade like hub instead! If only - they existed out here and not only in Japan right?

But that would require quite a bit more work with everyone's people skills/outgoing-ness - maybe a megaphone or karoake mic and boombox, plenty of flyers with fanart Sonic Birthday 19th! assets printed up (in 2 days?!) to hand out to people/passerby as to have a reason why these "costume crazy people?!" are out here demonstrating - as they certainly do in the San Francisco business/busy commerce districts everyday about anything.
    Protips!

- Google maps!

Street views, route planning even for walk/public transportation

BART - Bay Area Rapid Transit "subway" trains

- Bridge tolls - have changed recently, carpool even has to pay more. Weekends is the standard cheaper by a dollar (Total $5 ?) all day, If I remember that right. As well (211) - I believe is the traffic info number in the vein of 411 info. or 911 emergency.

Please PM me ASAP if interested at all to get this thing off the ground.

Any questions, maybe some help putting together a costume (Jeans white shirt, brown jacket get your Shenmue "where's the sailors - 4 Wu-D(u)e - Lan Di killed my father - B!!!")
    Last edited by HAYABUSA-FMW-; Sep 16, 2016 at 06:15 AM.

Date changed to Tomorrow

Friday the 9th.
    Confirmed Saturday elevators don't/won't/can't even work.

Even if you defeat all the Boomas in the area or press the strategically placed door hub activate key.

-

Sony Metreon still possible to shoot on Saturday. Our group probably will try to do that one too. Especially being a second last second day here too, for people to put together costumes.

--
    -

Confirmed SEGA people, assets image official form:

(Shinobi like 50% done - Sonic should be there, in some form, also rare cart double mix?, PBucket search!)

70% done, a reasonable facsimile

Change some color in post production, no good red bling gold shirts of quality or close textures, so 90% done?
    Triple threat, wish we could have gotten more but such short notice probably did not help.

Shinobi classic too ninja-bushido code of don't even show up, or he was there but you can't see him anyway?

Rapped with RubyEclipse about all sorts of things, any Sega Sonic Team, Bancho fan should definitely want to meet him in person. "(His) Swagger is phenomenal." Phantasy Star and Sega fans should definitely try to make any next Sega official fan event, whenever that may happen, March meeting of Yakuza 3 - Sands of Destruction DS et al in Japan Town was last, besides this impromptu shin dig.

Went above and beyond what we could have asked for with facilities and staying around as a super host past work hours, as agreed - in reception area only yet perfect for shoot, better than anticipated space. After turmoil public transpo. headaches and late start.

People hugged,

-Sonic
    -Ruby

But Not Amy? next time AmyRose. Also she won't be seen until video submission by request, for fans of this character.

Strange monster mash image... double the Sonic, somebody joined at the hip or arm merge.

but clearly not that ridiculous in person. Down to Earth awesome. GG,PO.
    Last edited by HAYABUSA-FMW-; Sep 16, 2016 at 06:08 AM.

~Link around link around link around ya'll~
    ~Link up link up and get down~
    To paraphrase the funk.

Fresh Kills Landfill CLUBSEGACLUB
    ^
    SEGA Staff is soo cool even when needing to get out and try to beat traffic. Some stuck around.

Posts and linkage to other fans and entries:

anwserman:
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=179444

SerbiusPSO:
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=179427

Link5:
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=179438

SEGA offical boards sticky topic:
    http://forums.sega.com/showthread.ph...54#post5975054

---
    --
    -
    My entry:
    >>
    Spoiler!

My friend and the extra 1 man crew, under her entry:
    >>
    Spoiler!

Very special thanks to SEGA of America and RubyEclipse again, as I may have forgotten myself to thank Ruby in my credits/got SOfA all staff though - but in my corner is the fact youtube shuts me out of everything past one link for me to get back in there and credit where its due.

Ran outta time to include PSOW reference. But it was on my other graphic flyer, really crunched for time and it slipped my mind how it wasn't in there. Audio about PSOW during interview and DVD giveaway was lost and needed extra studio voiceover time to record over and try to make the words fit the lips onscreen.
    Last edited by HAYABUSA-FMW-; Sep 16, 2016 at 06:12 AM.

OSNAP sticky icky.

Much better than adding running Sonickus~ in my sig that may bother people.

Quote Originally Posted by HAYABUSA-FMW- in 2007 View Post

Woah, 16 years old now this game.
    19 years old...

So my veer into Streets of Bare Knux Rage wasn't wrong either! Sweet.

-
    No, I didn't know that group and didn't see them at FANime-Amy Rose actor did though apparently. Yes, "visual-kei"/"vocaloid" Female Ninja mask Kunoichi scared me when I think I scared Japan town shopping people later being "aniki" bodyguard @ In n Out with those yuppie not hipster people, wasn't expecting her ninja stuff to be in any other clips but it worked out sorta for one I had to piece together with what little I had. Interview took 1.5 takes since we were running low on battery/tape and needed to finish up, but I think I did what I wanted, or well enough.

Yeah, beanie dude said "We love Chili-dogs!"

Special thanks Bailey the dog, looking more like Tails than me @ Sega office, I was unprepared for, they didn't want Kiryu Okinawa in it apparently. Even if I was P.Diddy on Making the Band 2 Sean John sweatshirt Tails:MPH

Lines during karaoke was basically some semblance of:

"You're a lot shorter than I thought/in person when you slow down"
    "Sonic."
    The "Living Legend" sorta doesn't live up to the actual Hedgehog (Official stats some 77 lbs 3'3" | 77 pounds = 34.9 grams | 3'3" = 99 cm) And thus a Plushie and dog became 4 am actors... baby.

Ooooh thanks for posting my link~
    How did you make Amy Rose? Holy cow it looks as good as the original!

That was some makeshift planning, run back and grab dress from someone who borrowed and all kinds of last second.

I suggested earmuffs red long enough drop shirt and a white kinda belt. Should have been thinking make a tails outta something. Get my own ears and wow those things were $15, crazy animal gloves. And Amy seems to have giant gold bling armbracelets all the time!

-
    Gotta
    Spotlight this one that came up during relateds:

He would agree with my assessment of some of those poll facts things I had about recognizing and liking Sonic over Mario #1 even when they are now in multi-million seller games together.

Slap five -> give the thumbs up, even if not understanding the toilet waiting one, thumbs that up too same as Sonic did. (Use some sprays, matchlight then thumbs up)
    Last edited by HAYABUSA-FMW-; Jul 14, 2010 at 04:20 AM.

What's up NYC!

Very good people skills and tons of interviews, good show.

Ska band threesome song definitely needs to be heard back to back with Naked Cowboy. Your Mike Jackson chick would have fit in with breakin' crew also.

"Slam book" birthday signatures and well wishes also an awesome idea. Hope Sega San Fran gets that in the mail to enjoy.