Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast
    xbox 360 PSU ftw.

Default Some notes on the GAM /R missions

Plains Overlord/R

There is a video on youtube. Google it. It shows a few 'safe spots' for techer types.

Fire Varha are the only real threat, and sworded varha at that. Sometimes the varha will shoot three fireballs, instead of one. If you are hit with the first, you are often hit with all three.

If you wanted to distill the game down to it's simplest, you could simply use Rising Strike on all the Varha, and everything else is incidental.

Fire Armor does not help as much as you would think. I have 42% ridol-senba and can be 2 shotter.

The Boss is still easy. Same attack patterns. Don't get cocky though, I got caught in the flames once and it killed me very quickly.

Soloing is possible, and my best time so far, with zero GAS improvements is 24 minutes. Not bad considering a party of four takes ~15 mins.

Demons Above/R

Wear neutral armor. Sworded fire and Ice Gohmon will one hit you if you don't. Sometimes they will one hit you even if you do. They are the real danger. Everything else is a joke

Likely to be a gunner-only mission. Fighter types won't want to go without and arm unit, and the boss requires gunz. Guntecher might be ideal (bows for the boss). Olaka remain annoying, but not difficult. Ageta are zero danger.

The boss is a bit of a bear. granted I do not have high % fire armor, but he is still...harder than expected. Be prepared for a fight! If a salvo of fire buckshot hits you, you can be double hit (multiple hits by the same projectile).

I'll be updating this section with more mission info as I go through them.

xbox 360 PSU ftw.

More notes on Demons Above/R.

As most of you know, you can get some 'special' haystacks if you do not open any containers, and do not break any haystacks in blocks 1 and 2.

However, I thought I'g give some hints as to where the hackstacks/containers are the most vulnerable.

Block 1 is cake: if you brek a haystack or container here, it is because you were over zealous in your pursuit of an enemey.

Block 2 has all the risk, and it is all contained in a single area: there is a laser fence towards the end of the block, with three haystacks immediately to the left before the fence. When you get the key, three fire varha spawn and rush the new opening. normally you just run into the opening and fight them in the slight narrowed "valley" befor ethe area opens up a bit, but there is a fire pit there, so fighting is non idea.

once you get in the area that opens up, there are 2 or 3 haystacks are to the left of the door that leads to block 3. They are far enough out of the way that battles in the center of the room will not hit the haystacks, but multiple waves of enemies spawn on either side of the tree so stray bullets, and penetrating techs have a tendency to snag the one closest to the door:

The worst offender: RCSMs. the three bullets have gone wide and hit a stack at least twice. be way and get your bonus stacks!

on Demons ABove/R, there are safe spots for people to hide in, u just have to look.

Also, when I solo it, it used fortegunner. Mainly used a 46% Ice 10/10 Muktrand (use to use a 50% ice 10/10 Kotetsu) on the boss, twin guns when in the air.

Also, use ur silence traps as they help a bunch. it was hard for me at first but quick developed a pattern.

Last Note: ONCE U GET 500 AMP, DO NOT GO BELOW IT (this is of course once u get the stage 2 missions)
    Orius - M.Newman lvl180 MF20 ---- Megalodon V9.0 - M.Cast lvl180 fG20/GM20
    _______ YOmap - M.Beast lvl104 PT20 ---- ダークエンジェル F.Human lvl57 AF11________

JP PSU
    www.psupedia.info/User:Orius

xbox 360 PSU ftw.

I like confuse traps rather than silence. The techs from the fire gohmons are so strong, they can damage or kill other enemies for you.

Do silence traps last longer?

Quote Originally Posted by SolomonGrundy View Post
    I like confuse traps rather than silence. The techs from the fire gohmons are so strong, they can damage or kill other enemies for you.

Do silence traps last longer?
    no idea but the confuse trap is a good idea. I only used the silence traps on Fire/Ice Olgo's when there was a mix of fire and ice enemies at once.
    Orius - M.Newman lvl180 MF20 ---- Megalodon V9.0 - M.Cast lvl180 fG20/GM20
    _______ YOmap - M.Beast lvl104 PT20 ---- ダークエンジェル F.Human lvl57 AF11________

JP PSU
    www.psupedia.info/User:Orius

Once Lv 3 Base stats are available and MF can wear armor, fire Vahra become lolz at best. With 40%+ Crisla-Senba, the buffed ones only do 200 damage, and with proper MF HP customizations, this is lolable damage at best. Non-buffed Vahra Foie won't even flinch you.

xbox 360 PSU ftw.

Quote Originally Posted by adios View Post
    Once Lv 3 Base stats are available and MF can wear armor, fire Vahra become lolz at best. With 40%+ Crisla-Senba, the buffed ones only do 200 damage, and with proper MF HP customizations, this is lolable damage at best. Non-buffed Vahra Foie won't even flinch you.
    That is a LONG way way. And you assume someone has a crisla senba at 40%, which for x360 with no GC, is not a great bet.

TRY to remember what life was like when GAS first came out...and now pretend you are nto level capped so you can't spam white beast S2 for AEXP. This is the audience this guide is written for.

ON TOPIC:

Since you mentioned HP. A female newman AT, has 555 HP. a male beast fF has ~1050. So over with high MST, great fire armor, and level 50 buffs...fireballs from the darn sworded varhas are...dangerous to squishy newmen. I think the number 1 Body style will be extra HP.

And if you my mind me asking Y you do not have capped cher. lol and well as you said this is GAS ver.1 so kinda bad atm just get as many upgrades as you can but for now say in a party if you have so many problems lol
    Check out my channel:XbikXBd
    X360/JP
    Bd 180 Beast/ グリード Beast 180
    BD 180 Cast/Elie Neuman 108
    Elie 180 Neuman/ランファン Human
    Escalus 180 Human/Aigis Cast 111

xbox 360 PSU ftw.

Quote Originally Posted by XbikXBd View Post
    And if you my mind me asking Y you do not have capped cher. lol and well as you said this is GAS ver.1 so kinda bad atm just get as many upgrades as you can but for now say in a party if you have so many problems lol
    I stopped playing when the level cap was 130, and have just come back. My main is now 141, and my alts are 129 and 121

Why would you want an arm unit on demons above /r - their restricted. Every /r mission is loleasy and easy to get a good time in too
    Quote Originally Posted by SolomonGrundy View Post
    That is a LONG way way. And you assume someone has a crisla senba at 40%, which for x360 with no GC, is not a great bet.

TRY to remember what life was like when GAS first came out...and now pretend you are nto level capped so you can't spam white beast S2 for AEXP. This is the audience this guide is written for.

ON TOPIC:

Since you mentioned HP. A female newman AT, has 555 HP. a male beast fF has ~1050. So over with high MST, great fire armor, and level 50 buffs...fireballs from the darn sworded varhas are...dangerous to squishy newmen. I think the number 1 Body style will be extra HP.
    You do realise that he didn't have to spam shite beast for AEXP, Seed Express beats it by a margin crisla senba practically equals a serafi senba only crisla has less DFP, to which i imagine you could GAS enough DFP up at lv 20 to be able to wear. Insulting judgement of someone who practically knows near everything about tactical play is smart though I guess.

And I have yet to see a techer die in /r's I've seen more FF beasts die then techers excluding myself.
    Last edited by xBULLYDOGG; Jul 22, 2010 at 03:23 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crysteon View Post
    And yeah, I do suck