Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    xbox 360 PSU ftw.

Quote Originally Posted by xBULLYDOGG View Post
    Why would you want an arm unit on demons above /r - their restricted. Every /r mission is loleasy and easy to get a good time in too

You do realise that he didn't have to spam shite beast for AEXP, Seed Express beats it by a margin crisla senba practically equals a serafi senba only crisla has less DFP, to which i imagine you could GAS enough DFP up at lv 20 to be able to wear. Insulting judgement of someone who practically knows near everything about tactical play is smart though I guess.

And I have yet to see a techer die in /r's I've seen more FF beasts die then techers excluding myself.
    Who is insulting his judgement? You folks who play on japan are so sensitive. Japan players keep posting lol replies about how easy everything is once you have XYZ. The point is, until you have XYZ - which can be quite difficult to obtain - there is a challenge at hand.

I stand by my points.

x360 does NOT have base ability modification
    x360 does NOT have Guardians Cash, so a 40%+ S rank armor is a rarity for many many players
    Not everyone is level 180, so some earn AEXP by doing the missions

Why don't you try posting something helpful in these topics, rather than intiating a fight.

Seriously: reply with some advice - a hiding spot someone may not know about., a tactic that folks don't know about. What armors can a certain class/race wear thay no one is thinking about?

Here is an example:

When the fire varha launch into a three fireball attack, launching PAs often fail to work on them. The Yo-yo twin daggers PA is one of them I have noticed. This can be a problem for melee types who engage the sworded varha's expecting their PAs to disrupt this attack pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by SolomonGrundy View Post
    Who is insulting his judgement? You folks who play on japan are so sensitive. Japan players keep posting lol replies about how easy everything is once you have XYZ. The point is, until you have XYZ - which can be quite difficult to obtain - there is a challenge at hand.

I stand by my points.

x360 does NOT have base ability modification
    x360 does NOT have Guardians Cash, so a 40%+ S rank armor is a rarity for many many players
    Not everyone is level 180, so some earn AEXP by doing the missions

Why don't you try posting something helpful in these topics, rather than intiating a fight.

Seriously: reply with some advice - a hiding spot someone may not know about., a tactic that folks don't know about. What armors can a certain class/race wear thay no one is thinking about?

Here is an example:

When the fire varha launch into a three fireball attack, launching PAs often fail to work on them. The Yo-yo twin daggers PA is one of them I have noticed. This can be a problem for melee types who engage the sworded varha's expecting their PAs to disrupt this attack pattern.
    I'm not fighting and i was being helpful, to bad mere words hurt your feelings.
    I said atm serafi-senba practically is crisla senba - thats advice
    I corrected you about arm units and demons above - thats advice
    No one needs a hiding spot because the missions are easy - thats motivation

Oh and another thing, I'm not a JP folk, so before you pin that on me, lol, know your facts. the missions are easy with or without "XYZ"
    Quote Originally Posted by Crysteon View Post
    And yeah, I do suck

xbox 360 PSU ftw.

Quote Originally Posted by xBULLYDOGG View Post
    I'm not fighting and i was being helpful, to bad mere words hurt your feelings.
    I said atm serafi-senba practically is crisla senba - thats advice
    I corrected you about arm units and demons above - thats advice
    No one needs a hiding spot because the missions are easy - thats motivation

Oh and another thing, I'm not a JP folk, so before you pin that on me, lol, know your facts. the missions are easy with or without "XYZ"
    In my original post:
    By "Fighter types won't want to go without and arm unit" I mean that you cannot use an arm unit in the mission, which makes fighter types want to run the mission LESS than others, where arm units are allowed.

But thank you for clarifying the point.

Serafi-senba have a DFP requirement of 75. that means that many types cannot equip it, including: fT, MF, AT, GT, , GM, fG (fortegunner), Protranser, and human/newman/male beast Wartechers.

But again, thanks. I was hoping you would be specific in your advice: ie providing all the info that I just did on who can use a particular armor.

Your motivation is a little misleading. A full party will move through these missions quickly and easily, but I have been a part of duo's struggling (MFs getting one shotted from Fire Varha's, for example).

If you feel like the mission is so easy, that this topic is not needed, you can feel free not to post.
    On the other hand, if you want to give more advice, I love it

xbox 360 PSU ftw.

More notes:

ridol-senba is a board only found on low rank white beast. So if you have a lowbie, or don't care about XP, you can probably boss hunt for this board

Michi-senba in an amor that is useable by everyone except masters forces, and fortetechers, and certain ATs. this is a halfway decent armor board to hunt if you don't want to do GAM, and are looking to make some money on the x360 (or jstu want to synth your own armor).

(Beast) Fortefighters can use the DB saber +, which has a chance of freezing opponents. if you have a good % this is a good alternative to other saber type weapons. It is a good alternative to blackheart, bucaneer, or sange
    Last edited by SolomonGrundy; Jul 22, 2010 at 05:13 PM.

Safe spots are for tech lvling. If you're having a problem strafing around an enemy to get behind them for .5 seconds and killing them that way, then maybe you should find a different mission to do that is more loleasy for you.

xbox 360 PSU ftw.

Quote Originally Posted by adios View Post
    Safe spots are for tech lvling. If you're having a problem strafing around an enemy to get behind them for .5 seconds and killing them that way, then maybe you should find a different mission to do that is more loleasy for you.
    Really? Is it SO hard for you to contribute something useful?

I would like to direct everyone's attention to this video;

MasterForce soloing Plain's Overlord/R
    Edit: Credit to Adios - I did not realise this was his/her video. Nice job!

Notes: 10/10 psychowand. Defintely has ragans breath+ sheild stlye. I'm sure has improved TP. My guess is that the uber head unit is equipped as well. I'm going to guess that Full Custom Power, elemental weapon, rod element +, and maybe rod damage + has been added.

What this means is that the damage output herre is as much as 50% more than what a MF can output now. It is about 3X the damage output my newman acrotecher has for techs. Nice!
    Last edited by SolomonGrundy; Jul 22, 2010 at 08:13 PM.

It's actually Plains Overlord/R (which you even saw in the video title but still failed to realize). And yes I'm fully GAS'd. 50% more than what an MF can do now? Hardly...a nonGAS'd MF can do about 1150 with Dambarta on a 10/10 Pwand and no armor/unit. THATS RIGHT ONLY 300 DAMAGE less. So it takes 1-2 extra ticks. Dambarta itself casts pretty quick as it is, and if you know how to take this into account by casting slightly earlier than you normally would when a spawn is approaching you, you'll be fine. Vahra start casting Foie...okay reposition behind the spawn and continue casting.

How about YOU contribute something useful besides trying to poke at me for all the hard work I've already put into learning how to play the game well while you sit and whine about only doing 500 damage as Acrotecher.

Quote Originally Posted by adios View Post
    It's actually Plains Overlord/R (which you even saw in the video title but still failed to realize). And yes I'm fully GAS'd. 50% more than what an MF can do now? Hardly...a nonGAS'd MF can do about 1150 with Dambarta on a 10/10 Pwand and no armor/unit. THATS RIGHT ONLY 300 DAMAGE less. So it takes 1-2 extra ticks. Dambarta itself casts pretty quick as it is, and if you know how to take this into account by casting slightly earlier than you normally would when a spawn is approaching you, you'll be fine. Vahra start casting Foie...okay reposition behind the spawn and continue casting.

How about YOU contribute something useful besides trying to poke at me for all the hard work I've already put into learning how to play the game well while you sit and whine about only doing 500 damage as Acrotecher.
    one thing I have noticed Bobby is that since ur ping is so low (130'ish IIRC), u are able to do spam the damarta, gibarta which makes the varha flinch. On the other hand, my Ping (around 210 or so) is just enough time for a Varha to start his foie which of course you cannot interrupt. Same goes with the distovas. A distova can run through my dambarta and hit me before the attack from dambarta registers. That ~70ms or so can make a difference in the game.
    Orius - M.Newman lvl180 MF20 ---- Megalodon V9.0 - M.Cast lvl180 fG20/GM20
    _______ YOmap - M.Beast lvl104 PT20 ---- ダークエンジェル F.Human lvl57 AF11________

JP PSU
    www.psupedia.info/User:Orius

Poor adios doesn't remember what it was like to run this with no armor, no stat up, no GC grinding, 500hp and the best weapon being a Gaozoran Rod(that probably wasn't 10/10 to take advantage of FCP).

Well I guess it's hard to remember when you join like a year after the mission release, on a gifted lv150 account, during the easiest event for MF xp ever.

But hey, nice time.

Actually this event is even easier. Big Push S3 is better experience than even Seabed Vibrations. Not my fault I wasn't around during the beginning of supplemental lol. Just saying what I know though.

@str898mustang Yeah the ping does help substantially for Distova, but I was talking about Vahra. Whether or not your ping is good or bad, you still have the same amount of time to get out of the way of Foie spam before a Vahra shoots it off. The only difference would be when the damage shows up (if you are hit). You could still run behind them in the same amount of time. I actually take advantage of being hit with buffed Foie by timing my Dambarta to end with just enough time to start a Gibarta before my character is flinched, so that I can launch off another while the second one is just going. In essence, I take advantage of flinch to cast even faster lol.