Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I've never really sat down and watched an episode of Avatar. It does look interesting, but I like having violence and a more serious tone....like Pokemon for instance. Lol, I'm jk.....more like Inuyasha,Naruto, and Bleach.
    Forget Backspacing, Delete that S***

I've watched some Inuyasha, Naruto, and Bleach.

Avatar was worlds better than all three of them. Probably because it didn't have to hit the "violence means the show is mature, right guys?" demographic.

It's got great animation, is cleverly written (most of the time - there are the occasional "kids episodes" that're more uneven), and the action is top-notch, especially by the end of the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Outrider View Post
    I've watched some Inuyasha, Naruto, and Bleach.

Avatar was worlds better than all three of them.
    Well Inuyasha is a weird anime to like, it's.......different from a lot of other stuff. And I'm not "That" into Bleach either. But Naruto is definitely one of the more better animes out there. If you've watched "some" of Naruto, ya probably caught the boring stuff from season 1. Stuff really gets awesome a few seasons in.

SPOILER ALERT: If you watch Naruto, be aware of this video as it contains....well..spoilers.

Last edited by Delete; Jul 23, 2010 at 11:54 AM.

I watched the first two seasons of Naruto and took a few journeys into wikis for additional information (due to morbid curiosity), to be completely honest.

And in my experience with Naruto, it basically starts as Ganbare Goemon meets Pokemon and slides further and further into "generic fantasy martial arts anime" (basically Bleach).

Whereas Avatar starts as "generic fantasy martial arts show slightly neutered for children" and works its way up to "magical martial arts anime with fun characters, tight storytelling, and an incredibly deep canonical mythology (but still kind of neutered for children)."

It fills a similar role as Gargoyles, in the sense that it hits a lot of different demographics but manages to still be smart and entertaining.

I'm not saying it's the best thing ever, but despite the fact that it's clearly an all-ages show, it still manages to deal with mature themes and tell a compelling story in a much better way than most action anime series I've seen.

"Pokemon Prove Evolutionism Is False" Shattered_weasel's Avatar
    In the ER room with the lovely and talented George Clooney.

Quote Originally Posted by Delete View Post
    But Naruto is definitely one of the more better animes out there.
    I have never heard anyone say that without some sarcasm involved.

Flying high in the sky with a fly in your eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Shattered_weasel View Post
    Or with a straight face, even.
    'All tales end in tragedy. Follow the hero long enough, you'll step across his corpse.'
    Survivor of TWO live Gwar performances.

Quote Originally Posted by Shattered_weasel View Post
    I'm shocked ya guys don't like it. Probably didn't like Dragon Ball either I'm guessing. I guess I just love non-stop fighting and less talking. But comparing Naruto to Pokemon.....that's just plain evil

@Outrider

The first 2 seasons wasn't gonna win ya over tbh. And Wikipedia'ing it wouldn't really help out considering it's just words and pictures. And links to videos I think, not sure if ya watched them or read about it.

But in general, damn.....I'm once again shocked no one likes it so far

I'm shocked ya guys don't like it. Probably didn't like Dragon Ball either I'm guessing. I guess I just love non-stop fighting and less talking. But comparing Naruto to Pokemon.....that's just plain evil

@Outrider

The first 2 seasons wasn't gonna win ya over tbh. And Wikipedia'ing it wouldn't really help out considering it's just words and pictures. And links to videos I think, not sure if ya watched them or read about it.

But in general, damn.....I'm once again shocked no one likes it so far
    So you're telling us it's crap for the first two seasons.

But it gets good once it becomes a generic shonen anime?

Boy, I can't believe I skipped this show!

So you're telling us it's crap for the first two seasons.
    No, I said it wasn't gonna win ya over meaning it wasn't intense or mature enough at that particular point. It never sucked Imo.

But it gets good once it becomes a generic shonen anime?
    Define Generic. Naruto is definitely far away from that. There's no other anime to really compare it too. Dragon Ball Z? No. Pokemon? No. Gundam,Bleach,ETC? No. To be generic, it has to take from others but in a cheesy way. This show does not even go near doing that. If people hate Naruto, I think it's only because it gets really good at points, then they go do some side stories that no one really cares for. Do they make the show suck? No, because it adds some backstory most of the time to some of the many characters in Naruto.

K, I'm done

"Pokemon Prove Evolutionism Is False" Shattered_weasel's Avatar
    In the ER room with the lovely and talented George Clooney.

I think it's only because it gets really good at points
    I agree there. I love the first 2 arcs of Naruto and it can be pretty damn good at random intervals. Lee's fights are awesome, as are Neji's. Other than that though...it's a big "Meh" for me.