Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Avatar: The Legend of Korra for 2011

Source:
    racebending: Avatar: The Legend of Korra... 2011!

Nickelodeon has announced a new series from the creators of cartoon epic “Avatar: The Last Airbender.”

The new show from Michael DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko has the working title of “The Legend of Korra” and will premiere on Nickelodeon in 2011.

The world of “Avatar: The Last Airbender” is one in which there are four nations–Air, Water, Earth and Fire–each with “benders” capable of controlling the elements. In the first series, a young airbender named Aang is revealed to be the Avatar, someone capable of manipulating all four elements, and prophesied to help save the world. “Avatar: The Last Airbender” debuted on Nickelodeon in 2005 and aired for three seasons.

Nickelodeon said in a release that “The Legend of Korra takes place 70 years after the events of ‘Avatar: The Last Airbender’ and follows the adventures of the Avatar after Aang – a passionate, rebellious, and fearless teenaged girl from the Southern Water Tribe named Korra.”

With three of the four elements under her belt (Earth, Water, and Fire), Korra seeks to master the final element, Air. Her quest leads her to the epicenter of the modern "Avatar" world, Republic City – a metropolis that is fueled by steampunk technology. It is a virtual melting pot where benders and non-benders from all nations live and thrive. However, Korra discovers that Republic City is plagued by crime as well as a growing anti-bending revolution that threatens to rip it apart. Under the tutelage of Aang's son, Tenzin, Korra begins her airbending training while dealing with the dangers at large.
    'Avatar: The Last Airbender': Nickelodeon Greenlights TV Spinoff 'The Legend of Korra' - Speakeasy - WSJ

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...-98925659.html

Nickelodeon sets `Last Airbender' sequel for 2011

LOS ANGELES — A sequel to Nickelodeon's "Avatar: The Last Airbender" is in the works.

The channel said Wednesday the new animated TV series will premiere in 2011. It has the working title, "The Legend of Korra."

Nickelodeon says the series will build on the "mythology" of the original "The Last Airbender" series, which inspired this summer's live-action movie from filmmaker M. Night Shyamalan.

The "Legend of Korra" is from the creator-producers of "Avatar: The Last Airbender."

Nickelodeon executive Brown Johnson says the new series will focus on a teenage girl avatar named Korra. Brown describes her as hotheaded, independent and "ready to take on the world."

"Avatar: The Last Airbender" has ranked among the highest-rate series on the Nickelodeon and Nicktoons channels.
    The Associated Press: Nickelodeon sets `Last Airbender' sequel for 2011

This piece of news really rejuvenated me regarding the series, especially after that horrible live action movie.

Hopefully Comic Con will have a trailer of some sorts.

Also, get the artbook Avatar: The Last Airbender (The Art of the Animated Series)

If you want serious behind the scenes info straight from Mike and Bryan, get the animated series artbook.

http://www.amazon.com/Avatar-Last-Ai.../dp/1595825045

It is worth it. The incredible amounts of research and thought process written in here is wonderful. This is one of the best making of artbooks I have ever seen, and I also collected all the Lord of the Ring Movie ones, and the Batman Animated Series book as well.
    Last edited by Kairi_Li; Jul 21, 2010 at 05:28 PM.

I'm not embarrassed to admit that I'm looking forward to this. I should be, but I'm not.

(Turning what was a wonderfully self-contained series into an ongoing media franchise that potentially won't die makes me less happy, but that's how it goes sometimes.)

Crazy Awesome Old Potato Man Guy HAYABUSA-FMW-'s Avatar

The new show from Michael DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko has the working title of “The Legend of Korra” and will premiere on Nickelodeon in 2011.
    Seeing one of those special features about them "reenacting" some momo scenes, you'd think these guys were goofballs.

But I guess since its Nickelodeon on the DVD box, we don't get any semblance of serious making of, production meetings round table discussion, how the creators envisioned some plots or major themes.

Or choreography from old sensei dudes. XBOX Marketplace had a short 1 minute one of that. Such a tease.

-

70 years later sounding like a Lunar/Chrono Trigger sequel, but hopefully used better or used just enough so its not a major every show distraction.

Korra better have the battle cry: "Kora-ora-ora-ora!"

I mean, even Jamaicans like Billy Blanks Tae-Bo styled Street Fighter Dee Jay do that now, with double the wrong voice actors cast! Blonde flamey punch Ken always has, but I guess he was speaking nihongo forever until 2008. Its a real East meets West thing. Do it.

Quote Originally Posted by HAYABUSA-FMW- View Post
    Seeing one of those special features about them "reenacting" some momo scenes, you'd think these guys were goofballs.

But I guess since its Nickelodeon on the DVD box, we don't get any semblance of serious making of, production meetings round table discussion, how the creators envisioned some plots or major themes.

Or choreography from old sensei dudes. XBOX Marketplace had a short 1 minute one of that. Such a tease.
    If you want serious behind the scenes info straight from Mike and Bryan, get the animated series artbook.

http://www.amazon.com/Avatar-Last-Ai.../dp/1595825045

It is worth it. The incredible amounts of research and thought process written in here is wonderful. This is one of the best making of artbooks I have ever seen, and I also collected all the Lord of the Ring Movie ones, and the Batman Animated Series book as well.

The only other way to hear about the making ofs is through convention panels. I went to Anime Expo this year and there were two storyboarders/animation directors there to talk about the process.

Last edited by Kairi_Li; Jul 21, 2010 at 05:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi_Li View Post
    If you want serious behind the scenes info straight from Mike and Bryan, get the:

Amazon listing: Animated Series Artbook

I can do that, and support keeping PSOW around at the same time!

Batman animated had some ones as well? Better look into that too.

Art Book, small 47 page preview comes with the re-released Package Series Book 1 (Water) boxset if anyone hasn't picked those up yet.

Dunno if I should wait for the Book #2 set, see what comes with that. But Amazon is super low $25 now on that ol Green box set, been watching it for awhile to get to now lowest its been in a long time.
    The only other way to hear about the making ofs is through convention panels. I went to Anime Expo this year and there were two storyboarders/animation directors there to talk about the process.

YouTube- Avatar storyboards silliness
    Was planning to go, figuring there would be some interesting panels like so, but plans fell through.
    Last edited by HAYABUSA-FMW-; Jul 21, 2010 at 08:29 PM.

...Why look elsewhere?
    "Sword logic? That's cute."

Quote Originally Posted by Outrider View Post
    I'm not embarrassed to admit that I'm looking forward to this. I should be, but I'm not.
    ^This. 100% this.

well i am skeptic about this. however i will probably watch it

Quote Originally Posted by -Crokar- View Post
    well i am skeptic about this. however i will probably watch it
    Should be fine.

Not like "The Last Airbender: by M. Night Sh." stuff featured in window on busts and mannequins - a week later after movie release - in Hot Topic, disappeared, not even clearance. Thrown away maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by KodiaX987 View Post
    Space, Go Go, yo yo Bizender. They're not yet that far into technology, powered by elemental wushu. And thus, robots powered by alcohol-fu, "like Jackie Chan before he got all dough'y."
    Last edited by HAYABUSA-FMW-; Jul 22, 2010 at 02:24 AM.

Finally, I was wondering when they'd make another one... YAAAAY !!!