Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Last Airbender *Warning: Spoilers!*

Most people these days, I'm sure, have seen at least 1 episode of Avatar: The Last Airbender. It's a very popular show, not just with kids, but with every age group. There's just something about it that makes it awesome.
    So it comes as no surprise that crap-tons of people would get hyped up upon hearing about M. Night Shamalamadingdong's movie, The Last Airbender. I was one of them. Here is my view of the movie. If you intend to see the movie, stop reading here. If you are an Avatar: The Last Airbender fan, please read this review ONLY if you have seen the entire series or don't mind points being spoiled to you.

Hint: We were the ONLY ones in the theater. An omen.

Spoiler!

Hunters Guild Group
    Alex - BrHu | Satsuki - RaGu | Keiko - SuTe

I'd have to agree. The main problems stem from abbriviating the majority of it, in order to skip right to what became the last two episodes. However, I did like the bending, myself. But that's just me.

Eh, I kinda figured it would turn out like this actually, so I never went to see it.
    Quote Originally Posted by loukaras View Post
    PSO-World is a game?

M. Night Shymalan.

Should have stopped there.

"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

This went the same route as Dragonball Evolution did.

Haven't seent Last Airbender, but the idea half the time is that they're meant to be standalone movies, not directly related to the source material. How can they cut down a shit load of seasons and episodes and turn it into a <3 hour movie?

Dragonball fans were pissed at Dragonball Evolution. So was I. But if I thought the movie as being almost not related to the actual series, it was an okay movie. If you go in expecting to see exactly what you saw in the show, you're going to be raging and disappointed. Watching a random movie, eh, you'll be okay.

Quote Originally Posted by AC9breaker View Post
    M. Night Shymalan.

Should have stopped there.
    Pretty much this.

I've never seen any of the show, and I thought the movie was horrible.
    Specially in 3D.
    That's another story though, but it's probably a contributing factor on why I didn't like the movie itself.
    (I just hated the 3D glasses, and my contacts dried out, and one fell out! And the movie was just too dark with them on.)

Now the movie itself was just kinda boring. I also didn't get the fact that there was like 20 Asian names(or so it sounded like, but I'm no expert), and there were only actually like 2 Asians. Weird.

I was just bored and upset that I paid a whole 9 bucks for a 3D film that sucked in 3D due to the glasses.
    (Got the military discount, which isn't even a big discount, shows how much they like the military! lol. It's 11 bucks for an adult for a 3D movie).

Yeah, I never watched the series either (besides bits and pieces of episodes when nothing else was on), but I still didn't really like the movie. It was kind of boring.

Apparently, according to my friends at least, I would be raging if I would have watched the TV series beforehand. They did, and were raging about it, indeed. I think I'm actually going to start watching the series now.

...and I'll prepare to rage, I guess.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

Watch a movie in 3D and be disappointed? Who knew?

3D movies suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro_Vordex View Post
    Watch a movie in 3D and be disappointed? Who knew?

3D movies suck.
    Well it was my first 3D experience since I was about 8, when I went to the Space Center.