Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

can u find the rare boss in jungle offline or is just online only.

heh not particularly with the topic.. but what the heck? rare mini-bosses? wonder what the heck they would drop and why nobody has seen one before

if you don't know what i'm talking about, check out screenshot of the week

that is what i am talking about the mini boss of the jungle they took a pic of it in screen shot of the week and i want to know if u can see it offline

They will only show up online, and even then, they will only show up during certain quests, i.e. Famitsu Cup 2 Maximum Attack.

There are 4 version I believe... Mericol (Normal one), Merikus... Merikol? I can't remember the names off-hand.

Anyway, there is the normal one and 3 others of varying colours, yellow, green, and blue.

In ultimate they will all shoot a very nasty unique instant death ball! (This is not megid, I raised my EDK to 95 once to test this and I was still killed everytime)

In the lower difficulties, the yellow one will *shock* you, the blue one will *freeze* you, the regular Mericol will *confuse* and I think the green one causes *paralysis*.

I could be wrong on the Green one.

Anyway, if you want to see one, just play the Famitsu, and choose the Jungle or Sub-boss route.

As for drops, it's been said that they will drop the same as their non-rare counterpart, because they aren't rare monsters, but rather.... *variations*.

Personally, I really don't know either way.

***EDIT***

I've done some more digging around on this and it seems there are only two other plant bosses. I could've sworn that there were four in total...

All I can find in the famitsu boss route are Mericarol, Mericus, and Merikle. Regular, Green, and Blue respectively.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dj_dan on 2003-03-09 19:18 ]</font>

cool cool, thanks for the insight

The Seraphim Prince of Duels

Maybe rare bosses have higher drop rates...

This is all the information I've gathered about the rare Mericarol:

- They only appear online. I'm not sure if it has to be in a quest or not, but I'll take dj_dan's word for it.

- There is 3 variations-- I'm not sure of the names. There might be a 4th one... not sure.

- They each have their own rare drop, however, the rare ones also share the same Mericarol rare drop. Meaning if you do see a rare version of Mericarol, there's a chance it'll drop what the normal Mericarol drops, or it'll drop something entirely new. I'm imagining the "new" stuff is really, really rare, considering the only one that's known right now is Bluefull gets Berdysh off Ultimate Merikus (is that the right name?).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Richard on 2003-03-08 09:52 ]</font>

Demon Slayer

Im Not sure if they have Higher Drop Rate, but for my Skyly a mericarol Drop A monkey King Bar and that was my first Mericarol so they may have a high Drop Rate....

Yeah Richard, it seems there are only 3 plant bosses.

So far these have been confirmed.

Yellowboze: (VHARD)
    Guilty Light
    Attribute Plate

Redria: (VHARD)
    Agito (1991)

Pinkal: (VHARD)
    Guilty Light
    Plantain Leaf

Purplenum: (Ultimate)
    Partisan of Lightning

Bluefull: (Ultimate)
    Berdysh

Skyly: (VHARD)
    Dragon Slayer
    Guilty Light

Greennill: (HARD)
    Wals MK2
    (VHARD)
    Justy 23ST

That's it.

Sorry I can't tell you which rare boss drops which one. I'm using babelfish to translate the website that I got this info from and I can't tell which of the two bosses (Merikle/Mericus) drop which item.