Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

There are a lot of people who are perfectionists in this game, who strive for certain goals. I myself have a perfectionist mentality, and to be honest it's not the kind of thing you can really escape once you have it ingrained in your head. For example, some people NEED to have 40%+ weapons, that's just their rule. Others demand 46%+, and others still demand 50%. The Ely Sion is the exception to this rule, simply due to it's mighty ATP that makes up for the 35%.

Gunners and techers have similar rules, but they usually revolve around * ratings and grinds. My friend for example only runs with 10/10 guns, despite the fact that he owns MANY guns with 9/9 or some similar grind. I'm not saying that this mentality is proper, or rational, but like I said it's a perfectionist mentality, and that is something that many people have.

The reasoning behind all this is that you can deal more damage with your weapons, take less damage with your armor, and get more bragging rights for your 10/10 *insertnamehere*. Green weapons and armor go against this rule, and some people simply don't understand why people do that.

Not that there is anything wrong with using inferior weapons. While they are not ideal for any situation, they do look very PSOesque.

Quote Originally Posted by that cast named kai View Post
    *shrug*

it still does not do 1.5 damage increase or anything close to that i think it is around 1.2 or something( if that much? i may be wrong since i never bother worry about crunching the numbers for the damage formula) with a 50%, they nerfed the formula a while back when AOTI first came out,

but, i never cared about grinds or percentages when it came to gear (but, i suppose that is just the kind of man i am) because in many ways the game is easy enough using 'horrible' gear, that it seems pointless to have top notch gear unless you completely suck or just want to gloat at how 'awesome' & 'elite' you are

all i was saying is why do people get peeved that someone doesn't focus on everything they do, it is not like it effects them

it is the same thing with 'bad' race/class combos, oh well
    Well, some people have gotten to the point were if your not using top end of the line gear then you just have stacks of gold bars in your common box and what is the point in that?

I personally hate elements on my line shields. For me it's too much hassle since I play a squishy class anyway so the defense boost really doesn't do much. I'd rather just have one set that doesn't get owned on elemental counter (because of course the opposite works as intended and wearing light armor against dark mobs gets you killed).

As for weapons, I do use element on those, as high as I can get. Used to have a ton of 50% weps, a near full set of twin sabers for my WT (A rank, but still)...then PC servers got closed and I was sad. It's gonna be a long way back to that on my X360 version of the character.
    PSO2 Characters (Ship 02):
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Fate - Human Male Te/Fi
    Melody - Newman Female Gu/Hu

The thing is now you can just type into your shortcuts /sl and then the lowercase letter of the line shield you intend to use and it instantly switches. its as easy as saying hello or congrats in a mission and helps to change on the go. It doesnt switch between units though and thats something they should consider.

for example /sl t switches to lightning.

t=thunder which is lightning on us servers. e=earth which is ground. the rest are all easy such as d=dark and f=fire ect...

basically go with elements in most cases. a few missions, very few, you should ever consider no element.

/items also is another useful shortcut. Brings you right into your weapons pallete

xbox 360 PSU ftw.

Quote Originally Posted by that cast named kai View Post
    *shrug*

it still does not do 1.5 damage increase or anything close to that i think it is around 1.2 or something( if that much? i may be wrong since i never bother worry about crunching the numbers for the damage formula) with a 50%, they nerfed the formula a while back when AOTI first came out,

but, i never cared about grinds or percentages when it came to gear (but, i suppose that is just the kind of man i am) because in many ways the game is easy enough using 'horrible' gear, that it seems pointless to have top notch gear unless you completely suck or just want to gloat at how 'awesome' & 'elite' you are

all i was saying is why do people get peeved that someone doesn't focus on everything they do, it is not like it effects them

it is the same thing with 'bad' race/class combos, oh well
    Armor did used to be crazy better with high %. So much ebtter that most folks rocked B-rank armor