Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Multi-Mode > Internet Multi-Mode

The difference between playing on an Infrastructure Mode and Ad-Hoc is crazy, and it's something that I hope is somewhat fixed when it hits the Western Market, otherwise we'll definitely won't see many people play the Online Mode.

With Internet Multi-Mode, lag slows players down, but not the time taken to complete the mission. Another thing Multi-Mode has over the other one, is that you can easily communicate with Voice; now I know you can use something along the lines of Skype, but that's not going to help when you play with random people.

Currently, there are people on PSOWorld who are trying to past Challenge Stage III in under 60 Minutes; when they play together, they have to use the Internet Multi-Mode, which checks which version of the game they are playing with, and will boot them off if they are using Version 1.00.

Version 1.00's main feature is Traps that using the Chain System; this means what any spawn in the game can be taken out by a single EX Trap, building the chain up to around 5, then using any PA (/\) to have it deal something silly like 7000/s.

The only issue with Multi-Mode, is that you have to be VERY close to the other players; like let's say... sitting a circle inches apart. If you're far away, the Chain System bugs up, and you can Break a Chain that is still growing, and break it again, and again, and again.

Vanguard Race Guide ~ Japanese DLC In All Regions
    Announcement from SEGA: There are minor delays on ships 1~10 due to a signal failure. All other lines are running a good service.

How can you tell what version of the game you're currently using?

I bought PSPo2 online for the PSPgo about 4 months ago. EX traps build up a chain, but using a PA does no where near 7000 damage (most I've seen for a 5 Chain with a PA is 700).

-Wayu

Quote Originally Posted by Wayu View Post
    How can you tell what version of the game you're currently using?

I bought PSPo2 online for the PSPgo about 4 months ago. EX traps build up a chain, but using a PA does no where near 7000 damage (most I've seen for a 5 Chain with a PA is 700).

-Wayu
    700? You're probably too low level then.

You can tell what version you are using by looking at the top-right of the Title Screen; if it doesn't say anything, you are using Version 1.00
    Announcement from SEGA: There are minor delays on ships 1~10 due to a signal failure. All other lines are running a good service.

I'm using a level 117 female Newman with level 23 Braver. Is that low?

Also, it says nothing. How do I update?

-Wayu

I'm using a level 117 female Newman with level 23 Braver. Is that low?

Also, it says nothing. How do I update?

-Wayu
    You need to update to play online...?
    In the XMB, press /\ over the game and choose Update.

You should be doing a lot more damage... a heck of a lot more.
    In the video in my Signature, I was doing 800x3/s without breaking the Chain.

Oh. In that case, usually about 700-800 times usually ten (Blade Destruction). I now see your point.

By the way, what's the (/\) in the first post?

-Wayu

Oh. In that case, usually about 700-800 times usually ten (Blade Destruction). I now see your point.

By the way, what's the (/\) in the first post?

-Wayu
    I'm not sure what you're hinting at, but Blade Destruction is no where near the power of a Version 1.00 EX Trap; I doubt that's what you mean though.

/\ = Triangle (you can use a PA with Square with a Wand, but it won't make the Trap use the Chain). You can actually use the Chain with Single Traps, which is why it works in Challenge Stage III, drop three, let them build the chain, drop the last two, use a PA, then boom.

I meant using Blade Destruction once the chain had hit 5. Still, Challenge Stages I & II don't really have any uses for the 5 single traps you get...a 5 chain + Infinite Stream can't kill a Svaltia, Gol Dolva, or Astark.

-Wayu

I meant using Blade Destruction once the chain had hit 5. Still, Challenge Stages I & II don't really have any uses for the 5 single traps you get...a 5 chain + Infinite Stream can't kill a Svaltia, Gol Dolva, or Astark.

-Wayu
    ... I don't think you know what the Traps can do, if you press the PA button, any next attack you're responsible for breaks a chain (you can break chains with a Technique bound to Square using this method). In Version 1.00, breaking an EX Trap chain, and letting the Trap carry on, lets it multiply its damage. Traps can hit more than 4k per hit after that point, I have even seen one hit over 11k per hit, which is like 33k/s.

The damage from your PA is negligible.

I foresee entertainment.