Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

That's fucking awful. If I knew someone who did that without a legitimate reason other than "I just want a new kitten" I'd let them have it.

Crazy Awesome Old Potato Man Guy HAYABUSA-FMW-'s Avatar

Bitches don't know

(- That its not an accessory for fashion, or an "it" at all even)

-

Did see PSA in school Today by some local kid years ago, made when he was only 14 about dogs & cats in shelters, made in claymation stop motion film. And his other one, "Without you" about an old dog mourning his owner. Picked up by HBO to run on air.

Guy was all about the Wallace and Grommit. And clearly had a real love of animals and put the message out that they are put down "to sleep", only very few are picked up, and taking home dog in the bed with owner - "Isn't this a better way to put animals to sleep?"

Good message.

I think it's more common than most people like to think, and more gruesome. At least the woman in the above story had the decency (ugh) to try to hand the cat over to a shelter. In most cases, the animals are simply ditched in the wilderness, drown, shot, or otherwise exterminated.

And I used the word "decency" with great hesitation. Sounds to me like the woman is a drug addict to her own brain chemicals, and once the animal is no longer able to invoke the proper euphoric ("ooh so cutesy wootsy adorable squeal") response - she tosses it away like a spent foily or roach. Fucking despicable to treat a living creature like that.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinue_v2 View Post
    words
    Hey it's my mommy!

That aside.
    I think this is the problem: people aren't taking this pet thing seriously enough. It seems like a lot less people now actually do research and take the animal's welfare into consideration now. They seem to forget really that pets are also alive and need care.

Like, people who keep large dogs(or breeds that need lots of exercises) in apartments. Er. No. Just taking it for a walk around the block is not gonna be enough. So they will bark day and night and destroy your things.... it's not the dog's fault that you're an idiot.

Oh. Recently I just read on paper:
    Man was charged with animal cruelty because he tied his dog to his truck and then drove the bloody truck.
    "Oh I was exercising my dog".
    HOW WOULD YOU LIKE IT IF I TIE YOU TO A TRUCK AND EXERCISE YOU!
    Dog ended up with some really bad gashes and injuries and he left the dog just like that without taking it to the vet. IT WAS BLEEDING AND HAD CHUNKS OF FLESH MISSING.

Or, how about the grandmother and mother came home with baby, left baby in the baby-car-seat thing on the ground in the house with THREE LARGE DOGS and went out for a smoke. The baby got mauled. WHY IS THAT SURPRISING TO YOU?! It is a fucking baby, and your dogs are huge. Even if they only just each lay a paw on the baby she could have suffered injuries... and cry. How does dogs react to new little creature in their territory that makes a lot of noise? Oh I don't know, cuddle them? I THINK NOT.

In the end the animals have to die for the stupidity of these people. ... We wanted pets to love and as companions! They really are not toys or object you can just throw around and do whatever to. GET THAT INTO YOUR FAT HAT WON'T YA?!

Quote Originally Posted by Volcompat321 View Post

I wouldn't go as far as that, but I'm sure we're missing part of the story.
    There has to be some parts missing.
    No, to be honest, I don't think you are. If some girl gets a kitten and loves it because it's all small and cute and whatnot, and then thinks it's not as cute when it grows older and bigger, and is that much of a spoiled brat, I'm sure the girl could bitch her way into getting a new kitten. Seriously, people are like that.

People like that also deserve to live on the streets by themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by loukaras View Post
    PSO-World is a game?

Quote Originally Posted by SStrikerR View Post
    No, to be honest, I don't think you are. If some girl gets a kitten and loves it because it's all small and cute and whatnot, and then thinks it's not as cute when it grows older and bigger, and is that much of a spoiled brat, I'm sure the girl could bitch her way into getting a new kitten. Seriously, people are like that.

People like that also deserve to live on the streets by themselves.
    I would expect that from a girl, but not a 20 something year old woman.

Quote Originally Posted by navci View Post
    Dunno. In their 20s I think. Married and all... (though I guess it doesn't really mean shit)
    See.

Physical age doesn't mean shit yo.

Quote Originally Posted by navci View Post
    Physical age doesn't mean shit yo.
    It should.
    This woman must have some type of autism, or retardation, or like someone mentioned, very spoiled.

There's no moral reasoning here, and the girl should not be allowed to own a pet, or have a child.

Whether it be a turtle, cat, dog, or fish, this lady should not have one.

I would expect that from a girl, but not a 20 something year old woman.
    Some people just don't change.
    Quote Originally Posted by loukaras View Post
    PSO-World is a game?

It should.
    This woman must have some type of autism, or retardation, or like someone mentioned, very spoiled.
    But that is the point I am trying to make. Just because you're 25, for example, doesn't automatically make you more mature about anything than a 15 years old.
    It is all about educating the right attitude and the right information. Some people will never grow mature enough to care about anything but themselves or see things in a different perspective, and that has nothing to do with age.

Fresh this morning:
    Cat was dipped in paint thinner and have to be put down.