Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Talking US Version Online Community XD

Me, and I'm sure everybody here like me, are currently enjoying the hell out of the PSP2 demo. Sure, the inconsistencies with the translations, not to mention the removed cutscene voice overs make me kinda sad, but playing online for 2 days reminded me of my biggest concern with the US release - the community.

I've found a number of parties with descriptions saying "GIRLS ONLY" or "LOOKING FOR GIRLFRIEND" and just today there's one looking for "HOT GUYS ONLY" with even threats on kicking you out (in all caps) if you're not the hot stuff they are looking for. Not only that,, I've been kicked a few times with no explanation. I was even called a monk, yet the guy never heard of the word Buddhist. There's another party with members swearing and calling other members "homo". Although it kinda makes me giggle when some players use random Japanese gibberish they probably picked up from Naruto or Bleach as their Auto Word - ah weaboos, gotta love em.

In short, this could turn into PSU360 part II - fortunately, without voice chat and hearing some 10 yr old calling me a faggot as he brags about his angel wings and dark costume.

What do you think?
    Any funny PSP2 Online Multiplayer stories to share?

EDIT: Oh yeah I almost forgot - do we still have a PSP2 chatroom? That'd be great. See ya guys online
    Last edited by Immovable One; Aug 21, 2010 at 04:55 AM.
    PSO2 JP
    Sega ID: Elternteil
    アリサ・ランディール
    (Alis Landale)
    Female HUmar
    Ship 2

This is the first Phantasy Star game I've really played, and I'm enjoying it. (to the point where my hands are sore after playing )

I pretty much just ignore the "e-harmony wannabe" parties like the plague. Seriously, what are the odds of getting a girl/guy in this game? And cybering? Really?? In a game where saying even the most basic things is a Herculean task? It boggles the mind. I've not really had any problems with name calling and such, I attribute it to typing being such a pain. As for Japanese "gibberish", I had Yaranaika set as my idle message for a little bit, but deleted it because I figured it was too much, even if I do find it personally amusing.

I haven't had too much experience with the online so far, but I saw some of those "dating" parties you mention. It made me laugh personally :P

I'm enjoying the demo a lot too, despite the inconsistencies (I am actually satisfied with the voice acting) I am very pleased with what we have gotten! And I think since they are actually keeping the serial number required for online play, we should see less of those dating parties (well, hopefully) but we'll see

Yeah, I just took a quick peek at the online stuff. Going from PC/PS2 to this crud is a little jarring. Hopefully the full game won't be quite so ridiculous.
    RPG Cliche #189: The Moral Of The Story (Ghaleon Rule): Every problem in the universe can be solved by finding the right long-haired prettyboy and beating the crap out of him.

Rappy Hunter

I find these rooms pretty funny but kinda sad

I'm pretty disgusted in how most of the community seems to act and the fact that many of the people I've seen online seem to confuse "Game" with "Dating Service" That's why I've taken to putting "Play the game or GTFO" in my party comment box.
    Phantasy Star Portable 2:
    G.O.L.D./Female CAST/LVL 133/Hunter{20}/Ranger{16}/Force{1}/Vanguard{20} As of: 1/16/11

Quote Originally Posted by Rakukojin View Post
    I'm pretty disgusted in how most of the community seems to act and the fact that many of the people I've seen online seem to confuse "Game" with "Dating Service" That's why I've taken to putting "Play the game or GTFO" in my party comment box.
    I need to locate this game you speak of.

Also, I just saw a game named along the lines of, "This is not eHarmony." Made me laugh.
    Last edited by "En"; Aug 21, 2010 at 12:34 PM.
    Verdana is a pretty good font.

2X-6 Corsair :: Metal XII :: Unit 12 :: War :: Dozen
    Neyami Red :: Dr. Paul :: Izar Erori :: Brynhildr :: Fenchano

N.R.A. National Ranger Association Roontek's Avatar

I made a room titled, "pso-world" and in the comments stated an invite to those from this community. Hope those that came had a good time. Keep your eyes open for the room in the future.
    ♠PS:P2♠
    •Roontek | Cast M | lvl 15 | RA [5]

•Jannali | Newman F | lvl 80 | FO [12]

•Signus X1| Cast F | lvl 110 | HU [21]

I entered a couple of these "hot girls only" rooms and it one was people doing runs, the other was just a group of male characters goofing off doing dance moves. I think they title the rooms that way as some kind of joke.

I really have to get this off my chest:

Level requirements are fine and dandy, but for fucks sake, this is a demo with a cap at Lv15. The stat difference is incredibly light. In fact, for those running Plains Overlord, Sleeping Warriors, and Undersea Ruins, players as low as level 1 can manage.

Now, I can understand if people want to be efficient for Bruce's Dungeon, and perhaps even Multiped Threat, but do they really find it necessary to add comments such as, "Lv10+ only" in their descriptions? If they don't want a certain level range in their game, that's what the minimum level option is for. You don't need to preach it.

My brain hurts. End rant.
    Verdana is a pretty good font.

2X-6 Corsair :: Metal XII :: Unit 12 :: War :: Dozen
    Neyami Red :: Dr. Paul :: Izar Erori :: Brynhildr :: Fenchano