Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Arrow Arrr... there be pirates in my PSP2!

No... this isn't about the Dumans.

http://gamrfeed.vgchartz.com/story/8...psp-games-are/

According to vgchartz, Phantasy Star Portable 2 is the second most pirated game on the Playstation Portable.

Phantasy Star Portable 2 –
    4,665,510 downloads worth 22,394 million yen ($245 million)

Knowing that we should really step it up as fans and buy the game to support the series.

N.R.A. National Ranger Association Roontek's Avatar

That's too bad... my opinion on pirating is this; download them to try them then buy them if you like them. But just downloading everything is crappy, and I find it hard to believe you call yourself a gamer by stealing.
    ♠PS:P2♠
    •Roontek | Cast M | lvl 15 | RA [5]

•Jannali | Newman F | lvl 80 | FO [12]

•Signus X1| Cast F | lvl 110 | HU [21]

Quote Originally Posted by Roontek View Post
    That's too bad... my opinion on pirating is this; download them to try them then buy them if you like them. But just downloading everything is crappy, and I find it hard to believe you call yourself a gamer by stealing.
    The point is that there is a demo for people to try legitly. There is no excuse for pirating if you just want to try the game out.

I bought the Japanese version of PSPo2 b/c I don't have (or want) CFW and more importantly I support the series and don't want it to ever fade away. And let me tell you, having a PSPgo made it very difficult to D/L. I had to buy a JPN PSN card and set up a JPN account. Very annoying when I know nothing but English. Good thing the guy I got the card from was legit too!

Oh well, pirates be pirates. Nothing much can be done about them. And I already planned on buying the game anyway =p.

Yea was going to download the game until i found out that you need a code
    xD.

And nothing wrong with pirating. If the companies really wanted to stop pirates, they
    should lower the price on their games.
    PS0: 1462-6752-9093

Quote Originally Posted by bscit View Post
    If the companies really wanted to stop pirates, they
    That... wouldn't really stop people. A $40-50 game is reasonable. Now, on titles that are priced at $80-90, on the other hand...

Mireille: 130 Beast Fortefighter (20) Aurica: 63 Newman Fortetecher (7) Lycoris: 59 CAST Fortegunner (7)

I have CFW, and may be forced to "pirate" it to play it.

I will be buying it on day one too though (pre-order).

Those numbers are unquestionably massively skewed, especially where it lists the value of the pirate copies. For a start probably 60%+ would never have bought it, and even more may have imported it and been forced to pirate it in order to play it and not loose the CFW, like me.

I hardly use my CFW for anything anymore, when I did it was mainly PSX games and emulators. But I have no problem buying a game and then "pirating" the hacked version in order to be able to play it.

And truth be told, the main reason I keep it is the ability to run from mem card and use a faster processor speed. Some games (like Crazy Taxi) are vastly improved by this ability.

Now if they guaranteed a PSN store release on same day as retail I may be tempted to switch to OFW, especially as I see an "Install" option in the game menu's.

Quote Originally Posted by bscit View Post
    Yea was going to download the game until i found out that you need a code
    xD.

And nothing wrong with pirating. If the companies really wanted to stop pirates, they
    That wouldn't stop pirates. That and the game companies aren't out to screw you over, they have costs and need to turn a profit to continue to make other games and stay in business.

Truth be told many game developers have not made a PSP game as a result of the fact it's well known in the industry to be the most unsecure system on the market. There was already a huge scene over a few developers announcing that they would not continue to develop sequels for that very reason.

Source: http://www.afterdawn.com/news/articl..._due_to_piracy

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrai View Post
    Truth be told many game developers have not made a PSP game as a result of the fact it's well known in the industry to be the most unsecure system on the market. There was already a huge scene over a few developers announcing that they would not continue to develop sequels for that very reason.
    That's utter BS. It is FAR easier to pirate for the DS than it is the PSP. In fact out of all the current consoles the PSP is one of the most difficult.

Installing CFW and maintaining it to work with new games is royal pain in the A.

DS is a total joke in how easy it is to set up for piracy and then find and use pirate games and that has plenty of game support and massive sales, so that excuse is a lie.