Page 192 of 391 FirstFirst ... 92142182189190191192193194195202242292 ... LastLast
Results 1,911 to 1,920 of 3902

Tonight's official blog is about cute little kitties er, lions, wait, protective dog dieties.

So tonight's blog is really about the new Goran Garan monster. This monster is modeled like a "komainu," the name of the dog statues that guard shrines from in Japan. The big puppy can breath fire and scratch you with it's claws.

Bad dog! Don't cast that spell!

Story-wise, this monster occupies the spot that the Svaltia did in PSP2, which means that this is the boss for the end of the first story mission. Your character and Nagisa end up fighting this monster on Neudaiz.

You can see the short boss video that will play when the Goran Garan makes it's appeareance here:
    http://vision.ameba.jp/watch.do?movie=3218205

Now on to the mysteries in this blog post. If you watch the video, you can see another new monster. We don't have it's name yet but it looks like a small version of the Goran Garan. In the screenshots of the fight with the Goran Garan, the text on the right side reads "Number of destoried infection crystals: 21." The term used in Japanese for infection is the same term they've used to refer to SEED infections in previous games. Perhaps the Illuminas is back? Maybe the Dewman are trying to bring poppa DF back?

It might be the SEED, but they've milked that concept a little too much already. I say its crystals of whatever turned Humans and/or Newmans into Dewmans in the first place. Maybe crystallized Olga-DNA or something?

Note how the Japanese basically means 'destroyed infect crystal' and how there's a large gem on the Goran Garan's forehead...connection?

-Wayu

Quote Originally Posted by Wayu View Post
    Note how the Japanese basically means 'destroyed infect crystal' and how there's a large gem on the Goran Garan's forehead...connection?
    Good call. I was thinking along the lines of the crystals being foriegn objects, something placed in the environment by someone. I didn't think they would be in the monsters themselves but that sounds pretty plausible.

D-cells ahoy!

More technics?

We've never had a shortage of technics. Hell, back in PSU i'd say we had far too many. The issue is the number of useful technics.

Adding 3 more useless or completely broken powerful technics will not fix the class. That'll only make it worse. They need to fix the functionality of the other useless technics. Ra-spells need more range, Gi spells need more range, Simple spells need to be faster (especially Barta), and they ALL need to be way stronger, and/or faster as well. The amount of compensation for the sheer amount of PP wasted needs to be greatly improved. Im tired of spamming Gizonde on all multi-box enemies because its the only effective multiple hitting spell thanks to its speed and range. (which all of them should have.) Im tired of spamming Diga on every enemy that isnt Earth. Im tired of Barta and Zonde all but sucking and hitting NOBODY thanks to shitty range unless it's maxed out, and im tired of all my other technics being too slow to be practical.

There are many ways they can fix these technics (faster but weaker, same speed but stronger, slower but WAY stronger), but this little "equilibrium" they have between speed, power and range is absolutely NOT working in the slightest. This class suuuccckkkkkkkkksssss.

I really do hope they fix this stuff, although im quite positive they wont. It just doesn't meet Sonic Team's current work ethic to fix problems that aren't PAINFULLY obvious. Forces are barely played, and thus not nearly talked about as much. The biggest complaint they recieve is how broken the other classes always are, but they never seem to avoid breaking them in the first place after all these tries, which is how im positive they just dont know what to fix anymore. Seriously, from PSU v1, to AotI, to PSP1, to PSPo2, and now PSPo2i, if they fuck over the Force class and keep the other ones broken for another iteration to the series, im never maining them again.
    Last edited by RemiusTA; Nov 18, 2010 at 08:20 AM.

^

Yes. Very yes. Just maybe not to that extent.

I remember back in the PSO days when the FOnewearl was the thing to be. In fact, I think they should basically bring back those almost exact techniques with the same effects. An example would be Rafoie's massive AoE but for much lower damage than a normal Foie and Gizonde's large TP cost but extremely effective crowd control.

The only two techniques I ever used in PSU were Dambarta and Nosdiga (besides the support techniques). The only technique I use in PSPo2 is Rabarta. They need more spells like Rabarta, which actually has balance (high PP cost and very slow casting speed, but good power with knockdown and high percentage to freeze).

What if you could collect those crystals to, say, upgrade weapons for unique effects and/or cash them in for weapons. Maybe, like, 80 Olga-Crystals or whatever for a Dark Bridge/Flow?

-Wayu

In PSO, Foie spells seemed to focus on AoE (Gifoie and Rafoie's insane range), Barta spells seemed to focus on Spreading outward (Barta's range, Gibarta's slow but very wide and long range, Rabarta's quick outward spread), and Zonde focused on...well, being Lightning. (Remote and instant target for Zonde, Arc Spreading between groups of enemies for Gizonde, and the usual outward arc spread for Razonde.)

PSU added tons of spells but gave none of them their own identity. And to top it off, they only get better every 10 levels.

Wow Komainu are showing up in many titles these days, funny thing is it was one of my mains in Spectrobes lol, but anyway, I like the new boss and monsters, I wonder what exclusive weapoons they'll be dropping.

Yeah I do hope they correct that problem with many spells, the way i see it, it's kind of pointless to level a technique if it will have lttle effect from one level to the next.
    Last edited by Tails_night; Nov 18, 2010 at 09:37 AM.
    I just wanna break this crown, but it's hard when I'm so rundown. Your so sick oh narcissistic cannibal... got to bring myself back from the dead!

Show melee some love guys! I hope that they balance melee a bit so it can match techs! I hope that they add 2 new PA's per weapon which all have 20 hits on unlimited targets with the same AOE as Paradi and the same multiplier as PSU's Jabroga along with 200% ACC and also faster than Blade Destruction (which is too slow and useless imo). Oh although maybe this is a bit much so adding 10% to the damage multiplier of techs might rebalance it out with these new melee PA's.
    www.xat.com/psp2 to chat about psp2 and to run with an english speaking psp2 community.

【JP PSPo2:i】 [FNewm Lvl83 FO11] [FDewm Lvl90 FO12] [FCast Lvl200 HU30 BR30] [FBeast Lvl198 HU30 BR 28]

Quote Originally Posted by Lolitron View Post
    Show melee some love guys! I hope that they balance melee a bit so it can match techs! I hope that they add 2 new PA's per weapon which all have 20 hits on unlimited targets with the same AOE as Paradi and the same multiplier as PSU's Jabroga along with 200% ACC and also faster than Blade Destruction (which is too slow and useless imo). Oh although maybe this is a bit much so adding 10% to the damage multiplier of techs might rebalance it out with these new melee PA's.
    10% is taking it too far, 5% easily balances it out.
    Reality hits like a baseball bat, duck-taped to a bus thats moving very fast!
    Japanese body pillows - Why not go the next mile and buy a blow up doll?
    Old people, they may look friendly but can you really trust them?
    Light-Blessed Crusader's Divine Rainbow Hand of Just Righteousness
    http://www.vat19.com/dvds/worlds-largest-gummy-bear.cfm

well I have no problems with melee lol, if they change or do anything I just want more scythes lol.

But my main curiosity now is, whats the news on the dragon they have on a lot of the artwork, what even may be the cover monster?

And has anyone seen Wynarl? I'm sorry but I prefer Mika over this new ancientsy lookin dude any day, plus the hair... *shivers*
    and what are these infinity missions again?
    Are they keeping the thing where you can reset your level back to level 1 with some boosted stats?
    Last edited by Tails_night; Nov 18, 2010 at 01:23 PM.
    I just wanna break this crown, but it's hard when I'm so rundown. Your so sick oh narcissistic cannibal... got to bring myself back from the dead!