Page 9 of 391 FirstFirst ... 67891011121959109 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I have a feeling that this is going to be a whole new game, so to speak, so I have a feeling there will be no expansion pack.

There's so much new stuff here, it'll take me a few minutes to put it all together in to a readable post.
    I suppose if there's enough new content I'll be fine with paying $40 again.

Visual lobbies are back!

The keyboard looks to have gone from rows of letters to a cellphone input style.

Lots of old PSO monsters too. Olga Flow, Chaos Bringer, that missile launching robot from the Mines.

Infinity Rank on top of S-rank difficulties.

Rebirth system!

Wireless pass-by system!

Built in screenshot function!
    OH MY GOD I JUST JIZZED EVERYWHERE

How the hell are they going to fit all of this plus the original on a single 1.8 GB UMD?
    Where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reigns.
    Yet by the blade of knights, mankind was given hope.

I have a feeling the original won't come with it. That's why you can transfer your character, and certain items. Like how offline Episode 1 didn't come with PSU AOTI for PC/PS2
    Last edited by Zantra; Aug 25, 2010 at 01:45 AM.

This looks really good and all. But in all honesty I think I might wait until the English version comes out. Before I make my decision though I'm gonna wait for some more scans.

Alright, lets give this a shot:

D-men: A human mutation thought to be due in part to the SEED incident 3 years. They have lifeless white skin but are very powerful. They hold a secret power in their eyes which manifests itself as their blast attack, the "Infinity Blast." They are very good with all weapons. The defualt characters are Spanish themed with the male with a bullfighter like costume and the female with a flamenco dancer like costume. The D is for d-cells. Go read up on your PSO.

Redesigns: The other races also get redesigned a bit. Newmen get more Japany, casts and male beasts don't really change too much but female beasts get even less beast-like than they were before. Humans still don't change a whole lot either. That's 'cause they're humans!

Visual Lobbies: PSO's visual lobbies are back. Yes, that right. The big open areas where you could chat or sit around and chair race or dance are back. While it doesn't say if soccer lobbies or photon chairs are back, the visual lobbies will function like they did in PSO v1 for certain.

Updated Keyboard: The keyboard has been changed from simple rows of characters on characters to a cell phone like input method. While this will likely make typing in Japanese easier, it will probably be rather clumsy with English. If you've ever used a Japanese cell phone, you'll know what I mean.

PSO Monster: PSP2 featured lots of PSO monsters to begin with but there are more this time around. The scans show the Garanz, the Chaos Bringer and PSO Ep. 2's boss, Olga Flow in both forms.

Infinity Rank: A new difficulty level, it sits above S and the hardest difficulty out there.

Character Rebirth: The level cap in PSP2i is still 200. However, once you have gotten to a certain level you can choose to rebirth your character. You will be taken back down to level one but your character will be strengthened according to your previous level. There is some freedom in this strengthening so you can customize your character.

Friend Search: Like the systems in Dragon Quest for the DS, by turning on your PSP's wireless connection, you can meet new characters and get "mission codes." You can bring the characters you meet in to missions as partners and use mission codes to access special missions. Mission codes can be combined to make missions like where you can fight the dragon or where drop rate is increased. I suspect mission codes will be like treasure maps in Dragon Quest.

Screenshot Function: Yay! The ability to take screenshots will be present in PSP2i. Holding down select will start Screenshot Mode. Then by pressing the start button, a screenshot will be saved. Thank you for listening to your players, Phantasy Star team!

TGS: A playable version of PSP2i will be displayed at the 2010 Tokyo Game Show.
    Last edited by Mike; Aug 25, 2010 at 02:06 AM. Reason: monster name

Just so you know Mike, those missile bots are called Garanz.
    Remembering the Universe. Click below!

Quote Originally Posted by Tyreek View Post
    Just so you know Mike, those missile bots are called Garanz.
    Thank you. I can never seem to remember that name.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantra View Post
    Cool pics and info. The last two pics won't load from photobucket, for some reason.
    It should be working now. If it's not, I'll upload them to a different place. Photobucket has also changed the size of the scans as well. Hmm.

Alright, lets give this a shot:

D-men: A human mutation thought to be due in part to the SEED incident 3 years. They have lifeless white skin but are very powerful. They hold a secret power in their eyes which manifests itself as their blast attack, the "Infinity Blast." They are very good with all weapons. The defualt characters are Spanish themed with the male with a bullfighter like costume and the female with a flamenco dancer like costume. The D is for d-cells. Go read up on your PSO.

Redesigns: The other races also get redesigned a bit. Newmen get more Japany, casts and male beasts don't really change too much but female beasts get even less beast-like than they were before. Humans still don't change a whole lot either. That's 'cause they're humans!

Visual Lobbies: PSO's visual lobbies are back. Yes, that right. The big open areas where you could chat or sit around and chair race or dance are back. While it doesn't say if soccer lobbies or photon chairs are back, the visual lobbies will function like they did in PSO v1 for certain.

Updated Keyboard: The keyboard has been changed from simple rows of characters on characters to a cell phone like input method. While this will likely make typing in Japanese easier, it will probably be rather clumsy with English. If you've ever used a Japanese cell phone, you'll know what I mean.

PSO Monster: PSP2 featured lots of PSO monsters to begin with but there are more this time around. The scans show the missile robot from the Mines, the Chaos Bringer and PSO Ep. 2's boss, Olga Flow in both forms.

Infinity Rank: A new difficulty level, it sits above S and the hardest difficulty out there.

Character Rebirth: The level cap in PSP2i is still 200. However, once you have gotten to a certain level you can choose to rebirth your character. You will be taken back down to level one but your character will be strengthened according to your previous level. There is some freedom in this strengthening so you can customize your character.

Friend Search: Like the systems in Dragon Quest for the DS, by turning on your PSP's wireless connection, you can meet new characters and get "mission codes." You can bring the characters you meet in to missions as partners and use mission codes to access special missions. Mission codes can be combined to make missions like where you can fight the dragon or where drop rate is increased. I suspect mission codes will be like treasure maps in Dragon Quest.

Screenshot Function: Yay! The ability to take screenshots will be present in PSP2i. Holding down select will start Screenshot Mode. Then by pressing the start button, a screenshot will be saved. Thank you for listening to your players, Phantasy Star team!

TGS: A playable version of PSP2i will be displayed at the 2010 Tokyo Game Show.
    Okay. All that sounds uber sweet! I'm like really excited for this game. Also the playable version of PSP2I at TGS makes me think that there is POSSIBLY a chance for a demo because PSP2 was shown at TGS right? Also the rebirth system sounds kinda interesting. I hope for more details on that soon.

That does sound awesome, they might change the friend search thing for America, i'd imagine. Since we don't usually play these games face to face like Japanese players do. The reason why that system works on DQ9, is because it's all adhoc. They have to meet with others because the game doesn't support Wifi. Something tells me, especially for the few who import this, that it's going to be slightly difficult to find groups of people to meet up with, unless Sega holds official meet ups, at cons and events. The Beast male reminds me of the hunter in Monster Hunter.
    Last edited by Zantra; Aug 25, 2010 at 02:13 AM.

Quite frankly i'm fine with female beasts looking less beast like,those cleft lips were an eyesore in PSU.Males are fine with the cleft though.And I find it hilarious that the female human seems to have switched roles with the newman female and has become more loli like.

I had a Cheshire grin when I read this,this feature was sorely missing from PSP 2.
    Last edited by Touka; Aug 25, 2010 at 02:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantra View Post
    That does sound awesome, they might change the friend search thing for America, i'd imagine. Since we don't usually play these games face to face like Japanese players do. The reason why that system works on DQ9, is because it's all adhoc. They have to meet with others because the game doesn't support Wifi. Something tells me, especially for the few who import this, that it's going to be slightly difficult to find groups of people to meet up with, unless Sega holds official meet ups, at cons and events.
    The beauty is, you don't have to actually talk to anyone. You just have to have your game on while you are near someone else with the game on. The data transfer is handled automatically. You just need to walk past someone to meet their character and get their mission code. This will make it difficult for importers to use this particular function of the game though.

Quote Originally Posted by reddragon_756 View Post
    Also the rebirth system sounds kinda interesting. I hope for more details on that soon.
    It's simple. By gaining levels you earn points. When you reach whatever level you want (past the initial barrier level for rebirthing), you assign the points to whatever attribute you want to. Once that is done, you are brought down to level one to start over again. By rebirthing enough times, you could make an ultimate character so I don't know how they will deal with that, but that's the gist of rebirthing.