Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

They need to bridge the gap between the classic and X series.

I'll just wait for more info on MMU in the mean time.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonForce View Post
    They need to bridge the gap between the classic and X series.

I'll just wait for more info on MMU in the mean time.
    I'm pretty sure that's the last thing they need to do.

You got your FMVs of Dr. Wily creating Zero in Mega Man X4 - be happy with that and don't ask for something that could very likely wind up being horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by HAYABUSA-FMW- View Post
    And online only games.

Shenmue not revival'd. :..( God damn it!
    To tell you the truth, I'm almost desperate enough to just be happy with a Yu Suzuki writeup that simply tells what happens in Shenmue after 2. That's all. I want closure. The cliffhanger will bug me for the rest of my days. Honestly.

Truly. I think Shenmue 2 was one of the most awesome games of its time. It's practially timeless. I've played through it at least 3 or 4 times now. I've seen the easter eggs (including one rather large easter egg that takes you to places not otherwise seen) However, I could never really recommend it to anybody because the lack of a sequel will break your heart. The ending sets up a beautiful journey that never comes.
    Last edited by Akaimizu; Aug 30, 2010 at 12:45 PM.

Yeah, this is a trailer for Rockman online, not Mega Man Universe.

Maybe a bit off topic, but this looks fun
    Respekt.

I'll always welcome a new Megaman game with open arms, but damn, they should at least finish up the Legends series with Megaman Legends 3!

I like that Bass has the cloth/cape from his Battle Network version. Looks pretty awesome.

I liked the music from the trailer. Sounds very ZXish. I recognized the Metalman theme at 0:54-1:07 but I can't for the life of me figure out what 1:14-1:20 is. Thoughts? It's driving me crazy not knowing what it's from.

Bomber man, cut man, elec man, guts man, ice/Freeze man?

Yeah, all characters from the original Mega Man series, they were also adapted into the battle netowkr games.
    Respekt.

Crazy Awesome Old Potato Man Guy HAYABUSA-FMW-'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Akaimizu View Post
    To tell you the truth, I'm almost desperate enough to just be happy with a Yu Suzuki writeup that simply tells what happens in Shenmue after 2. That's all. I want closure. The cliffhanger will bug me for the rest of my days. Honestly.

Truly. I think Shenmue 2 was one of the most awesome games of its time. It's practially timeless. I've played through it at least 3 or 4 times now. I've seen the easter eggs (including one rather large easter egg that takes you to places not otherwise seen) However, I could never really recommend it to anybody because the lack of a sequel will break your heart. The ending sets up a beautiful journey that never comes.
    Lil bro makes the hour trip down and stayed up extra late to play it - with having to drive back, even just that infamous Lucky Hit hard to make any money takes quite a while to do so anyway.

He told me about some of the easter eggs and specific how to and what happens when you do everything in the tedious order to get the things. I never knew about those.

I own two of those Shenmue 2's, had to buy sealed one with movie disc when miraculously found at store closing down soon - even after thinking I better get this used copy even without everything in it or else I won't have it, and haven't finished one playthrough myself. Don't know why I stopped or when I can pick it up again.

Quote Originally Posted by Outrider View Post
    I'm pretty sure that's the last thing they need to do.

You got your FMVs of Dr. Wily creating Zero in Mega Man X4 - be happy with that and don't ask for something that could very likely wind up being horrible.
    Why? There are a lot of fans that wanna see that.

I'd like to see more of Duo. He was cool in MM8.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonForce View Post
    Why? There are a lot of fans that wanna see that.
    Which is one of the biggest reasons they shouldn't do it. "What fans want" can often turn out to be the worst thing ever. See the entire creatively-bankrupt superhero comic book industry for a case study.

The link between the original Mega Man series and Mega Man X is cute and it's a nice bit of minor fan-service, but we don't really need to explore the depths of that crossover. It works best as just a nice little wink to the fans.

Plus, convoluted plots for the X series are certainly par for the course, but with the original series, simpler is always better.

That being said, I fully expect them to create this crossover the next time they need a quick buck.