Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Unhappy Help! - Online Not Connecting to Other Players : /

Hello everyone..

I've been trying to connect to other players online in the Demo for a while now.. My PSP is wirelessly connected just fine, but when I try to join a party, it..

- Says it will transport me to the city
    - Then the screen goes black
    - And then it has a "Network Error" (usually something like 80550e10) and says I will be removed from the party.

Also, a friend and I tried to connect online by starting up a party, and whether I made it or he did, we still couldn't get me connecting, but he can connect just fine to other parties for the mostpart.

Is anyone else having this problem? ...And has anyone been able to fix it? : /

*huge hugs and much appreciation to any and all help!!*

N.R.A. National Ranger Association Roontek's Avatar

Couple quick questions:

1. Are you using CFW or OFW?
    2. What type of internet service do you use, Cable or DSL?
    3. What exactly does the network error state?
    ♠PS:P2♠
    •Roontek | Cast M | lvl 15 | RA [5]

•Jannali | Newman F | lvl 80 | FO [12]

•Signus X1| Cast F | lvl 110 | HU [21]

Questions 2 and 3 are... nevermind.

It is most likely your connection speed TC, try to free up bandwidth if you can.
    Vanguard Race Guide ~ Japanese DLC In All Regions
    Announcement from SEGA: There are minor delays on ships 1~10 due to a signal failure. All other lines are running a good service.

N.R.A. National Ranger Association Roontek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Izuna View Post
    Questions 2 and 3 are... nevermind.
    What's your deal? Why do you always have to be a jerk on every single thread you post in? I really don't get it. Do you get some sick pleasure from it? Half the time your not even right, but you try and sound like you know something. Get a life.

As far as questions 1&2 both are relevant and will aid in finding a solution to his problem. Knowing what ISP he has will determine how much bandwith is usable on a given time of day. To add to that question I would then ask what router is being used, there are some routers that don't work well with p2p connections, and port forwarding might be the solution.

Lastly, knowing the network error code and what it says exactly is the most obvious form for finding the solution to the problem. Knowing what it states will point us in the right direction.
    ♠PS:P2♠
    •Roontek | Cast M | lvl 15 | RA [5]

•Jannali | Newman F | lvl 80 | FO [12]

•Signus X1| Cast F | lvl 110 | HU [21]

Quote Originally Posted by Izuna View Post
    It is most likely your connection speed TC, try to free up bandwidth if you can.
    This. I've had this problem before on both the JP version and the demo, a reset for your modem might help too, and you might wanna restart your PSP as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Roontek View Post
    What's your deal? Why do you always have to be a jerk on every single thread you post in? I really don't get it. Do you get some sick pleasure from it? Half the time your not even right, but you try and sound like you know something. Get a life.

As far as questions 1&2 both are relevant and will aid in finding a solution to his problem. Knowing what ISP he has will determine how much bandwith is usable on a given time of day. To add to that question I would then ask what router is being used, there are some routers that don't work well with p2p connections, and port forwarding might be the solution.

Lastly, knowing the network error code and what it says exactly is the most obvious form for finding the solution to the problem. Knowing what it states will point us in the right direction.
    The error code was posted.
    TC says they can connect to the server itself, just not parties: firmware doesn't matter at that point. ISP name doesn't tell you average connection speeds, you asked Cable/DSL. Sorry, I thought your questions were most unhelpful. Is that what you wanted me to say?
    Last edited by Izuna; Sep 1, 2010 at 02:37 AM.
    Announcement from SEGA: There are minor delays on ships 1~10 due to a signal failure. All other lines are running a good service.

Thank you all for the help (and sorry for the mini-argument that ensued..)

To Roontek:

1. Are you using CFW or OFW?

Honestly, I don't know what that refers to..

2. What type of internet service do you use, Cable or DSL?

DSL

3. What exactly does the network error state?

It just says "Network Error" and then a number (usually something like 80550e10) and says I will be removed from the party.

Thank you. : )

To Izuna:

Okay, I'll try connecting without anything else connected.

To BomberStrife:

Hm.. I tried restarting my PSP, but not my modem - I will try that, too.

Thanks everyone.. I'll let you know if/when any of this works!

Do the following to help determine if you have a connection latency issue.

Go to nwtools.com, click on Trace, type yahoo.com into the box and hit Go. Copy and paste the log it creates here.

Secondly go to speedtest.net, a map will appear with a number of locations inside the united states that you can use as test servers. Select the server furthest from you and run the test. Watch the needle. One of the things I'm looking for is the needle bouncing all over the place, or it going up, then pausing with no progress, and then going up again (or down). When done, post the Ping, max upload, and your observations below.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrai View Post
    Do the following to help determine if you have a connection latency issue.

Go to nwtools.com, click on Trace, type yahoo.com into the box and hit Go. Copy and paste the log it creates here.

Secondly go to speedtest.net, a map will appear with a number of locations inside the united states that you can use as test servers. Select the server furthest from you and run the test. Watch the needle. One of the things I'm looking for is the needle bouncing all over the place, or it going up, then pausing with no progress, and then going up again (or down). When done, post the Ping, max upload, and your observations below.
    The computer TC is using may have a better connection than what the PSP has; since the PSP has to be using wireless, another suggestion is to move closer to the router (I have to do this).

Izuna, since you don't know what it is I'm doing I'll be happy to explain it to help you understand.

There are a number of issues you can diagnose using the methods I mentioned above. If the needle bounces around I can look further into issues between device and the router. If the Ping is high then it's an issue between router and the internet. The Tracert will also diagnose exactly where the break in communication will occur.

I always welcome your assistance in helping forum members.