Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by cyber wolf View Post
    RagolianHunter psu on 360 lags alot to. i kinda feel sorry for the pc and ps2 players because they played the game for sooooo long then they had to have there their files erased. its like hard work for nothing.
    That is why I canceled my sub and won't be back to psu, they handled that very poorly. I played PSU for 3 years, but after hearing about the ps2/pc characters I wasn't sinking another minute.

Now I'm playing psp and waiting for psp2. If Sega doesn't change the way character data is stored I will never play another Phantasy Star Online.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibdozer View Post
    That is why I canceled my sub and won't be back to psu, they handled that very poorly. I played PSU for 3 years, but after hearing about the ps2/pc characters I wasn't sinking another minute.

Now I'm playing psp and waiting for psp2. If Sega doesn't change the way character data is stored I will never play another Phantasy Star Online.

Just a addition to this: nothing lasts forever... and your character data isn't truly safe unless you have free access to copy and back it up. Shortly before I got my Wii, I plugged in my NGC to run a little PSO with my old characters - only to find that the memory cards had borked. I cleaned everything up, tried a few tricks for similar problems from the forum archives, and even tried it on my Wii when I got it. Nothing helped... and they were official Nintendo cards.

*Shrug*

I don't know how my Dreamcast characters are doing... and at this point, I really don't care. My PSU character data has been logged, and I've seen the data files among a few of the various screenshots the logger released... however, I don't have the information myself, nor would I have any use for it right now. So whether or not that's an option, I don't know, and again... I'm really not that concerned about it at this point. I've got much of my old gear back on the 360 version, and most of my characters are at least lvl 80... but really, because of the inevitable shutdown and lack of any real motivation/incentive to play I mostly just log in to run one or two missions - then let it idle, if I log in at all anymore. I don't know if I want to quit or not yet, but I'm not actively playing at this point.
    Last edited by Sinue_v2; Sep 7, 2010 at 10:09 AM.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

characters were stored online for mostly 2 reasons, on the GC and DC era, it was to prevent cheaters, personally the character data should be stored on servers and console, so there is a techical backup for it

Quote Originally Posted by Overlord Zenon View Post
    i'll be around till the end of days, plus i wont quit till i get my dark falz 2 achievement
    ya whats the deal with the last achievement for this game? can you get it? or

EDIT: i think im gonna take a break from psu. my sub renews on the 14th, so as soon as psu ends, reach begins, not to mention new vegas, fable 3, dead rising 2, and TFU 2. so many good new games comin out.

you have to beat dark falz on S rank i beleive to make him transform into Df2, also cannot be obtained in story mode

Quote Originally Posted by Sinue_v2 View Post
    Just a addition to this: nothing lasts forever... and your character data isn't truly safe unless you have free access to copy and back it up. Shortly before I got my Wii, I plugged in my NGC to run a little PSO with my old characters - only to find that the memory cards had borked.

I don't know if I want to quit or not yet, but I'm not actively playing at this point.
    It's true nothing lasts forever and It sucks that your cube characters died. I do find some pleasure though in firing up an old game occasionally, like visiting a friend you haven't seen in awhile. Maybe I'm too nostalgic, but the last time I hooked up my DC(2-years ago) I was thrilled to see my characters and inventory still intact after nearly a decade!

I wouldn't advocate quitting for anyone who still enjoys the game, and doesn't mind the inevitable deletion. Its simply too disheartening for me.

characters were stored online for mostly 2 reasons, on the GC and DC era, it was to prevent cheaters, personally the character data should be stored on servers and console, so there is a techical backup for it
    I can understand wanting too eliminate cheating but I've never held with punishing everyone for the actions of select individuals or groups.

you have to beat dark falz on S rank i beleive to make him transform into Df2, also cannot be obtained in story mode
    oh. i couldve sworn me and my buddy have done that a couple times. hmm...

Dark Falz 2 Slayer 60gs
    Defeat boss in dark area. (Exclusive to AOTI)

ok after more reading, this has to be done on S2 rank, so lvl 90, thank god is only 6 lvls away for me
    Last edited by Overlord Zenon; Sep 7, 2010 at 02:44 PM.

I quit PSU for a year... me and all of my friends basically decided "Hey, we're not getting much out of it any more" Then the more we saw about PSP2 we wanted to play again and PSP just wasn't cutting it, so we came back and we're having fun again, woohoo?

Well i decided to call it quits. This game is feeling very stale. The SUP update didnt really ad anything to the game. Just made an already easy game more easy. Also there are better games coming out.

So with all that i plan on calling M$ by the end of the week and canceling. Good luck to all of you waiting for Segac to give you a real update.
    "We can't trust the Sword of a Thousand Truths to a noob!"