Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Cool Close the server mentality?

I have noticed over the past few months this prevailing attitude and fear that it is a foregone conclusion the servers are closing right after the last update for PSU. Mostly because it happened to the PS2/PC servers. This fear is valid and realistic. I hope by speaking out about it here now it will change our expectations. We need to send the message to SEGA loud and clear we want to enjoy our game we invested money and thousands of hours in, to continue for a couple of more years past what is expected. I would not be willing to invest more time and effort in anything SEGA if they do this to us again. Whether its another Phantasy Star game or anything else. They cannot ditch us again! While we do appreciate the updates we are getting and continue to support PSU as your customers and fans we expect better! I feel it would be bad PR for them to do it again. I want to promote the attitude it would be great PR to leave the game running free. Or at a reduced rate with repeats of old events and GBR grinders boosts and other things like that. We could also explore lots of new possibilities for community events challenges and other role playing scenes never done it PSU before.

I am not asking for anyones final word on how you feel about PSU. Just please tell SEGA in you own words how you feel about this game. How would you feel if they just closed it a couple of months after the last update. It is also jus the right thing to do. Leave this game running for a couple of extra years for those who truly enjoy playing. Dont' just close it down expecting maybe some of us would just buy into another Phantasy Star game like this one never mattered. I am also into the idea of codes in the portable Phantasy Star game to unlock items in PSU. So if we played the other games we could get goodies for buying and supporting both. And vice versa, unlockables in the portable versions for playing PSU.

How about it PSO World? Please make your voice heard. For our future in PSU and the Phantasy Star franchise!!
    Last edited by Professor Xavier; Sep 9, 2010 at 01:58 AM.

I stated many months ago that PSU is dead outside of the JP servers. I will never play an online PS game on the English servers again unless both the JP and EN versions of the game play on the same servers.

Sega caring for their non Japanese fan base ... that would be a first.
    Gaming addict

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Shou View Post
    I stated many months ago that PSU is dead outside of the JP servers. I will never play an online PS game on the English servers again unless both the JP and EN versions of the game play on the same servers.

Quote Originally Posted by JMech View Post
    Sega caring for their non Japanese fan base ... that would be a first.

I must say. Rather disappointing attitudes so far!!

what exectly you expect the peoples to say here? This 2 people are frustrated about how SEGA acts towards the non-JP community of Phantasy star players, wait a while for someone who really tell what you want to hear.

Just a lil patience

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Xavier View Post
    I must say. Rather disappointing attitudes so far!!
    I say...

I would be more positive but I was a Chromehounds player and they shut that servers down.
    That and we (EU/US) are miles behind the content of the JP side of things, its left me less than happy with Sega .... Yet I still bought this game. You never know this game might restore my faith with Sega, I havent given up all hope yet. : P

Ive not been around here long but did the ps2 and pc gamers have to pay to play online as well?
    Gaming addict

i figure once i get Phantasy Star Portable 2, i will probably cancel my subscription to PSU. i have been playing PSU since '06 and i think i am at a point where if they shut the servers down, i'd be ok with that. plus people have expressed themselves to sega, and it's usually complaining and bitching. so, i use to feel like dang, no matter what sega does people will bitch...but now i'm starting to feel like, it's time for me to move on from PSU and like i said once PSPo2 hits, i'll probably be playing that more anyway. it's a better game and i have a component cable to hook my PSP to my tv. so...it's been a heck of a ride, but i kinda don't care what happens to PSU.

its attitude like this which gets you no where, there are alternatives tho, im not saying the psp is one, it most certainly doesnt not deliver in the same way. but what do you expect, every MMO has a set target for life span, some exceed this only cause they have a ravid and giant fanbase. no one can really say for certain what sega is up to, all we can do is wait for them to say something, plus imo PSP is just PSU Lite, well for one there is no way to fit all that data on a mere 1.8 gig disk, correct me if im wrong, its a nice substitute for the whole one, but I also have to agree the regional devided server was stupid as well, if FF could do it region free server why couldnt PSU heck the "PSO" server does
    Last edited by Overlord Zenon; Sep 9, 2010 at 08:06 AM.

Just never play a EU/US version, it will reach its demise, thats foolproof. JP version is superior to it and will always be. I almost hate Sega for splitting servers, it was stupid and we all know it. And Sega usualy is increasing the risk of demise because they dont provide any good support to the EU/US servers. I know it does feel like a punch in the face for all the Sega workers located in the US. However, they know as good as me that they got very little possibilitys because Sega of Japan ist the one who is making almost any decision, and Sega of America is having very little to say and cant truly execute at theyr own.

Just how it is, and thats why PSU have to be played in JP. Well, Xbox360 version is somewhat safe, because Microsoft will probably keep up the servers somehow, which is an extra-bonus. Dont even have to buy the game from a shop, can get full game directly from XBL now which isnt bad.
    Last edited by Xenobia; Sep 9, 2010 at 11:30 AM.