Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

So i should go knock out forest infiltration a billion times

Try your luck, if you get 1 it's a bonus, if not...it's fun? lol

A Sleep / Resist (or maybe a Freeze / Resist) is pretty much mandatory if you plan on doing White Beast runs. I highly suggest you try to get one of each Resist unit anyway for other missions, although Sleep, Freeze, and Stun are the most useful, since you can always pop an Antimate or Sol Atomizer to cure the other status effects in the game. Check the site's item database to see where each one drops, or try searching for some cheap ones in player shops.

One thing you should be aware of though, unless they changed it: if you search the player shops for a unit item, be sure to put spaces before and after the / in the name of the unit you're looking for (like how I've typed it at the beginning of my post), otherwise it won't show up. I don't know how much they run nowadays, but I expect Sleep, Freeze, and Stun to be among the more expensive ones.

Also, if you happen to find multiple ones, you might want to hang onto them in case you decide to make another character later on. Then, you can transfer them over with your Common Box and save yourself the trouble of looking for them over again.

But yeah, the Resist units in my opinion are some of the most useful body units for your armor that you can get in certain situations, other than the ones that boost your armor's elemental %, although I believe Resist units add 3% themselves (save for the Vijeri / Resist, which adds 5%). So, if you had a 25% lightning armor and had a Resist unit equipped, your armor would technically be 28% lightning. Of course, if status effects aren't an issue in the mission you're playing, you'd probably be better off with something like a Cati / Rainbow.

Of course, you could always do what a bunch of us old players did before the Resist units became available: run HIVE missions or fight Jarbas and learn to play "Megid Dodgeball" to avoid getting insta-killed.

My FFXIV:ARR Lodestone Page
    3DS Friend Code: 0318-8097-4335
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Hearthstone

Freeze is around 200k, sleep is around 600k, stun is under 10k.

The only other Resist worth using besides those 3 is Shock, IF you plan on running any mission in Rozenom. Lightning Go Bajilla inflict Shock way too often, and you'll blow through all your Antimates/Sols if you're solo and not a Techer.
    (Dead server) :: Angra Mainyu : Ahura Mazda : Arbalest : Fischerspooner :: PSUpedia & Forums

well ive been browsing in stores and i dont think beast can wear sleep resist (idk if this changes anything but im lvl 58/7 beast wt)

Dude, it's been said before, ANYONE can use ANY resist unit as long as their (A-rank or higher) armour has a Body Slot.

It doesn't matter what level you are, or what race or class you are. Your armour needs to have the correct opening. Try Serafi-Senba or Rabol Rappy or Sori-Senba. Rabol Orachio when you're high enough to use it; great Wartecher armour with a nice +3 stamina bonus.

1. Get an armour with a body slot
    2. Put the /resist unit in the body slot
    3. ???
    4. Profit!

Quote Originally Posted by oG Epik View Post
    well ive been browsing in stores and i dont think beast can wear sleep resist (idk if this changes anything but im lvl 58/7 beast wt)
    All you need is an A or S rank armor with a body slot on it...

You can't equip units into your armor if their rank is higher than the rank of your armor. For example, if your armor is B rank, you can only equip units that are B or C rank; if you have an S rank armor, than you can equip C, B, A, or S rank units (all of them). All of the Resist units are A rank except the Vijeri / Resist, which is S rank.

So yeah, just upgrade your armor and you should be fine. I can't really recommend a good armor for WT since I've barely played that class, but as far as A rank armor goes, I'd suggest a Rabol Rappy (all slots but light element only), Yamata-Senba (all slots except Extra), or a Sori-Senba (all slots but ice element only). Eventually, you'll want to get a good S rank armor, such as a Serafi-Senba or a Rabol Orachio (WT, GT, FI, and PT only), but anything with all 4 slots is good, and I'd say for WT, you want to make sure you at least have a head slot for a Har / Quick or Har / Smart, and an arm slot for an ATP-boosting unit. Like your weapons, you'll want one of each element with as high a % as you can get.

*EDIT* - TheAstarion kinda got to it before I could finish writing this post.
    Last edited by Tetsaru; Sep 6, 2010 at 08:33 PM.

My FFXIV:ARR Lodestone Page
    3DS Friend Code: 0318-8097-4335
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Hearthstone

ok i have good armour now is sleep/resist for Wb mission worth 790k cuz thats the lowest i can find

Quote Originally Posted by oG Epik View Post
    Ok, I have good armour now. Is sleep/resist for WB worth 790k? 'Cause that's the lowest I can find.
    If you are bad at physically dodging the light balls, then yes, it is worth it. Sleep can really slow you down in that mission since it deprives you of getting attacks in, so not having to worry about it is ideal.