xbox 360 PSU ftw.

Default Guntechers: What are you using to kill bosses?

That was always an issue with my GT, and in my current circle of friends, two people have switched to guntecher. (neat!)

I know what they said, but I am wondering what other folks do

Does it depend on the boss?
    Does it depend on your race? (ie do casts use weapons to charage the SUV, then use the SUV?)

Bosses? It really depends on the Boss. In some cases, you can do what other rangers do. For some bosses, it's about having your Elemental Rifle bullets raised. (Heck, an ice rifle fully raised is pretty much a win button alone in Innocent Girl, even though they aren't real bosses). They make the Desert Goliath boss turn from Meany to Wimp. (Especially if you have good elemental Shotguns on you).

White Beast has too many options. Even good Bow use on the Wings of that thing can tear it up quick enough. (And that's before the Bows were upgraded)

Sure, you don't have grenades, but you don't necessarily need them with well-raised elemental bullets.

Mother Brain gives you so options. I tend to use Rifles, Shotties can do some arm damage, but a strong Diga can also do some mega damage on those arms, when in the field, then switching back to Rifles while they're off to the sides.

Guntechers have really changed in how they can handle things ever since SEGA kept buffing them up with various updates. The access to level 30 techs made some creatures a joke, actually. Nosdiga on Bil De Vears almost took the good ol' Samson vs. Goliath fun out of them. Now it's not even a fight in which one would make good use of the DOT status effects.

This isn't really that Race dependant, though. I played as a Human.

Guntechers mainly need high PA levels. That's the main formula. That, and the often godliness of Rifle and Shotty bullets, in this game. They aren't breaking time records, but more than capable to wreck a boss in good time, but only if you choose to really invest in them.
    Last edited by Akaimizu; Sep 9, 2010 at 03:44 PM.

As GT, Bow>Rifle on boss's. For everything else, Crossbow or MG cleans up most enemies. Might want to throw a little regrant every once in a while if you have to be up close to heal group memebers. But for boss's a Bow is your best option, they hit harder than Rifles, are more accurate. I am not saying dont use rifles, they are good, but your Bow is going to outdamage a rifle on GT.

Bows are nice now, that's what I heard. I haven't played so much since the bow update to see how awesome they are now.

xbox 360 PSU ftw.

so you are using bows to kill the boss? hm. ok.

I wouldn't say one single weapon. I don't think I used one weapon for all bosses. But it wouldn't hurt to give bows a try on some of them.

Yeah. I actually am a Human Male PT/GT, although honestly Ive been working on my PT a bit more. Currently with my bow on my PT I am hitting 2680-2760s with store bought buffs on Mother Brains face on S2, with AT buffs I hit anywhere from 2960-3050 and I critical with those AT buffs for 4515. GT's will not hit quite as hard as my PT with a bow, but when I did run with a Cast GT I saw he was hitting for about 2500's with his bow, his Edel Arrow was better than mine was though, his was 9/9 where as mine is only 8/8, still though the most I even see FG's hitting with 10^ Elites is a around 2000s. And the fire rate on FG rifles and PT/GT Bow shots is very close, the rifle probably scores 1 more shot per 10 shots now, as opposed to the 1.5 per 1 shot before the supp update.

Bows at 41 give 50% Element. Also note that they fixed the Bows Ultimate PA's, the Stun one fires as fast as the regular shots, which they increased the fire rate of, it also has knockback/knockdown effect from lvl 1, they also increased its damage overall, it hits about 500 less than my elemental shots. Basically the Bow Ultimate that Stuns now is as useful as all the Rifle shots with knockback but the Bow shot causes lvl 5 stun. Bow shots also gain lvl 5 Status effects at 41+, 50% element, and have ATP modifiers at lvl 44 of 238%.

I would deffintly go bow for most boss's, Rifles arent bad and still fire slightly quicker, but only slightly, its deffintly not where it used to be. They did a complete overhaul of the Bow, making it very useful.

For long range bosses and flyers, I use bows (De ro Le).

Motherbrain? Diga on arms, Rising Strike on her body.

Dragon/many target enemies? Shotguns

I use twinguns for onmagolus wings, mechguns for the lowered head of a dragon, cards for most other things.

A special shout out goes to Blumier & Shag Hodogg (was Graldike/uc) for the Degahna's butt... this works unfairly well against other things too when meleeing is better than the other three I use. Docked De Rol Le, for instance, takes more damage from a JA'd buten combo than 4-5 crossbow bolts.

Oh, and diga(over the barrier)/nosdiga(when sweeping) for Mother Brain's arms.

Edit: This is for beast GT, my female (20) uses invincibeast, while my male (12ish, did it to go GM, switched back after supdate ATP boost) uses power beast (only useful in a tech supported party).
    Last edited by TheAstarion; Sep 9, 2010 at 07:33 PM.

xbox 360 PSU ftw.

Quote Originally Posted by stinkyfish97 View Post
    Yeah. I actually am a Human Male PT/GT, although honestly Ive been working on my PT a bit more. Currently with my bow on my PT I am hitting 2680-2760s with store bought buffs on Mother Brains face on S2, with AT buffs I hit anywhere from 2960-3050 and I critical with those AT buffs for 4515. GT's will not hit quite as hard as my PT with a bow, but when I did run with a Cast GT I saw he was hitting for about 2500's with his bow, his Edel Arrow was better than mine was though, his was 9/9 where as mine is only 8/8, still though the most I even see FG's hitting with 10^ Elites is a around 2000s. And the fire rate on FG rifles and PT/GT Bow shots is very close, the rifle probably scores 1 more shot per 10 shots now, as opposed to the 1.5 per 1 shot before the supp update.

Bows at 41 give 50% Element. Also note that they fixed the Bows Ultimate PA's, the Stun one fires as fast as the regular shots, which they increased the fire rate of, it also has knockback/knockdown effect from lvl 1, they also increased its damage overall, it hits about 500 less than my elemental shots. Basically the Bow Ultimate that Stuns now is as useful as all the Rifle shots with knockback but the Bow shot causes lvl 5 stun. Bow shots also gain lvl 5 Status effects at 41+, 50% element, and have ATP modifiers at lvl 44 of 238%.

I would deffintly go bow for most boss's, Rifles arent bad and still fire slightly quicker, but only slightly, its deffintly not where it used to be. They did a complete overhaul of the Bow, making it very useful.
    Hm. PTs and GTs should hit almost the same...there only a 10% difference in ATP (128 ATP difference for a CAST who has no bonus for either class).

But ok, 41+ Bow for elemental bosses. 2500 a shot is not too shabby.