Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Let me know

Quote Originally Posted by oG Epik View Post
    Spears r good? i thought they sucked
    Lol, spears used to have one of the best PA's in the game: Dus Majarra. I heard it got nerfed since the Supplemental Update though, but it used to be very strong and provided a way to easily get around enemies.

Dus Robado is also good for attacking surrounding enemies, similar to the Tornado Break PA for swords. If I recall, Dus Robado hits harder, but Tornado Break can hit more enemies (or vice-versa, I can't remember lol), although I think whip PA's would be better off for hitting multiple enemies.

As for Dus Daggas... I don't know how well it works nowadays. I just remember it being good in pre-AotI PSU, and then it just kinda fell by the wayside when Dus Majarra came out, lol.

The spear's normal attacks can be awkward to use sometimes (a thrusting motion rather than a slashing motion like the other weapons), although this can be avoided if you keep a lock on your enemy.

But yeah, unless they got severely nerfed since I last played, I've used spears on pretty much any class that can use them, save for maybe Fortegunner, and even then, a lot of FG's liked to carry one for bullet-resistant enemies - I preferred a Saber + Crossbow, though.

My FFXIV:ARR Lodestone Page
    3DS Friend Code: 0318-8097-4335
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Hearthstone

Dus Majarra - The nerf was very minimal, you are still doing crap-loads of damage.

Dus Robado - Freaking powerful, and super fast. I use this all the time.

Dus Daggas - Not as good as the others, but the att. boost it received made it usable again.

Spears are amazing. They are my favorite to use on my Fighmaster.

My pallets are now full idk if i neeed another pa to lvl i still got whip claws twin daggers a bow now a card+wand and a saber with tech mah

Quote Originally Posted by oG Epik View Post
    My pallets are now full idk if i neeed another pa to lvl i still got whip claws twin daggers a bow now a card+wand and a saber with tech mah
    PA's are entirely up to preference, although some are generally regarded as better than others. Again, I don't really know which ones were boosted/nerfed since the Supplemental Update, but here's what I would use:

- Whip: most people seem to like Vivi Danga for its power, although I think Visshi Grudda is faster

- Claw: Bukuu Saien-zan

- Twin Claws: Renzan Seidan-ga

- Saber: Rising Strike to easily launch enemies, Spinning Strike for power

- Twin Daggers: Renkai Buyou-zan to hit surrounding enemies, or Moubu Seiran-zan. The other two are good, but I had a hard time getting a full combo to hit enemies...

- Bow: start out with Reisei-sou (the ice element one), as a lot of enemies in the game are fire-element, and Freeze is one of the more useful status effects. I could've sworn bows got a huge buff overall, so it might be worth it to check out the two PA Fragment trade-in bullets. Chousei-sou fires slowly and uses a lot of PP, but has the longest range of any attack, save for maybe Noszonde. Masei-sou gives your shots a Stun status effect. Just keep in mind that all trade-in bullet PA's are neutral in element.

- Card: again, I'd go with the ice bullet, Reisei-shiki. I wouldn't bother with the trade-in ones, although you may want to get other elemental bullets for your cards and bows depending on what enemies you fight most often. Again, it's all preference, but as a WT, you'll probably want to save more space towards Skill and Technic PA's rather than bullets.

- TECHS: I'd go with Foie, Diga, Dambarta, Razonde, and Ramegid starting out to cover all the elements (the only offensive light tech is Regrants, but it's very situational). Later on, you might want to get Noszonde, Nosdiga, Megid, some other Ra- techs, and maybe some Gi- and Dam- techs, depending on how often you like using techs. If you're going for support, be sure and get Resta, Reverser, Shifta, Deband, Zodial, and Retier, and later on, Giresta, Dizas, Rentis (whenever it comes out, lol), and MAYBE Megistar. The debuff techs (Jellen, Zalure, and Zoldeel), Megiverse, Nosmegid, and Regrants are entirely up to you, but probably won't prove that useful to you.

The best advice I can give you is to try each PA out on your own and level it up sufficiently to see how it works. If you like it, then use it and keep leveling it; otherwise, you can always revert it back to a disc (check your menu that has the list of all your PA's, click on one of em, and it should ask you if you want to convert it back into an item) and store it away in your PM, or put it in your Common Box and if you make another character, they can equip it and maintain whatever levels you originally gained with it. If I recall, you can have up to 36 PA's equipped on your character at one time.

My FFXIV:ARR Lodestone Page
    3DS Friend Code: 0318-8097-4335
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Hearthstone