Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011

][quote]
    Quote Originally Posted by jaws1475 View Post
    [code]Well, what if... and this is a big if... rather than humans and newmans breeding out their differences... maybe hyper-advanced androids are the genetic destiny of a 3-race society. If you could create replicant droids with the genetic level of detail of a human, able to be born, learn, grow, etc... Maybe that's what the Ancients are. And maybe they don't even realise it after so many generations... a little like how certain modern races are actually a result of generations of interracial breeding and genetic dilution. Perhaps their ability to separate their essences from their long-dead bodies is a result of them essentially being a bio-program... and their ability to inhabit living beings is a tide-over from them being descended from their own genetic material.

And perhaps, in that vein, the creation of newmans was more of a case of looking at the DNA, seeing dormant strands, and isolating them. Same for CASTs, but with the majority of interchangeable mechanical parts, crude by "Ancient" standards but extremely advanced by PSO and especially PSU's combat mech standards.

That's one way of looking at it, I suppose. No massive reason why not, right? If Falz returns every thousand years like in the old PS series, that's easily enough time for Ragol technology to advance to that point. Or even Coral, the original world the Pioneer folk are from, which is confirmed in one of the postgame quests to have been the name of "earth" in PSZero. Though they were set into a dark age by Mother Brai- uh, Mother Trinity, so it'd take quite a bit longer for that.
    if that true then ryfross come out even 1,000 yrs to reminad them of there true mission to deafeat the profound drakness and many case phantasy 4 explina this this back on the 16 bit game

if go by the endindind of phantasy star 2 there was many ships that left the algo sytem which could bring to a number of possplie
    in phantasy 3 you went to the planet carol at the endind of the game cut scence[

IMHO

Every good MMO needs a solo race. I hate to bring up WOW, but it's the only other MMO I've ever played....

A lot of players are/ were (I donno' anymore, because I haven't played WOW for a while) prejudice against hunters. The reason had to do with their pet advantage---it is like controlling two chars at once. The pet takes all of the agro (tanks), while the hunter stands back and DPSes/ damages the crap out of enemies, from a distance. Also, there is this stupid assumption that hunters can't control their pets on raids, and are often asked to put them away.

I digress...

Beasts are tanks, for the most part. They are also a good solo char, because of nanoblast. But I can hardly think of a time when going into beast form really turned the tides all that much for me---it's just a convenience, when you play by yourself. I happen to think beast form is (for the most part) pretty ineffective against high level bosses. You can't heal, and a lot of times the boss is strong enough to do massive damage, anyway---so there are many times when I don't even use it. Mother Brain comes to mind. It's dumb luck if she keeps her bubble shield down for long enough to attack her, while in beast form. Plus, if you get stuck in her bubble, you're f-ed anyway.

Everyone gets PMs. If you ask me, a strong PM is the best advantage a player can have in PSU.

I don't know too much about the history behind Phantasy Star Universe, but I do think a good MMO should have at least a half a dozen characters/ races to choose from, which are carefully balanced by the game designers, and offer players at least one option that matches their preferred playing style.

Overall, I hope beasts show up in the next game---maybe only for nostalgic reasons, but beasts seem to best suit my playing style, too. I also hope there are more than three races to choose from.

They will most likely be in PSO2.

Remember that in Japan there's not as much 'Baaawww' from the PSO-nostalgia crowd about how much they hate every thing that is PSU.

The concept of Beasts are generally liked all around. Plus. don't forget that the 'big hairy guy with an axe' concept has been tossed around since PSO's concept art that was mentioned earlier in this thread.

http://www.unseen64.net/wp-content/g...pso/hunewm.gif

Besides, the title itself (Phantasy Star Online 2) was most likely used to generate hype both locally and in the west. I highly doubt it will even take place on Ragol, especially since doing so would cause the timeline to go backwards from the Gurhal series. I would put my money on it continuing forward.
    Last edited by Angelo; Sep 29, 2010 at 08:07 AM.

Kagajibaris are Dezorians Omega-z's Avatar

yeah Big Olaf I was wondering about that too, yes It would be complex. and I had thought about everyone using same build. the thing is that the stats would have to be all important, just not 1 stat and instead of having just the stats that race build that you start with like you can have influence points which you gain through in-game experience, which includes weapons, spells, armor etc until you reach level 50 which can change your out come little by little and by your experience in-game. by doing so the class you gain at 50 could be Brawler or Berserker or Warrior or Paladin or Fighter or Protector ..... etc. even if two Hunters fought in the same mission they could be different based on how they did or what they did in the mission, if they played more solo or grouped and how long they played in-game and how many times they played at all. No one will have the same character or same type of stats except for look(maybec) and class name. Complex huh lol, thoughts?