Thread: want to be a GT

Default want to be a GT

Ok so most of u know i was just starting to get a decent pallette for my Beast/Wt well now i got bored and want to be a GT so who wants to help on what i need and how much it will cost

lol 0 post 26 views
    Last edited by Dhylec; Sep 12, 2010 at 02:52 PM. Reason: merge

Okay.

Crossbows: A Yohmei one is good for levelling crossbow bullets. This takes a long time, though, so you might want to save it for later, as in when you're sure you like the class.

Wands: You have these already. You generally need more wands as a GT than WT due to their main damaging weapons being right-handed. Use wands on GT as you'd use tech-mags on WT, for healing mainly.

Cards: Card Regas is the best GT can use, same as WT. You get lv40 bullets as GT too, which makes this a really really REALLY good weapon to use, as it tears through things like nobody's business when you get it to lv31+.

Machineguns: A nicely grinded Beam Vulcanic (Kubara copy) has good PP to level your bullets with, and the S-rank ones tend to be pretty cheap. Deathrain/Deathraic and Germinus Gun/Ganuc are the best ones out there, but the difference between those and a 1* maggan is very small. Pick the one you like the look of best and roll with it; I go with Kubara ones for blackness and high PP.

Range-mags: You can get S-rank ones but the most damaging one is the Shag Hodogg that shoots four bullets. If you do get an S-rank one, go for a GRM one in ice (freeze) or ground (stun).

Twin Handguns: Battlestoppers are nice and cheap, Twin Ruby Bullets also. Twin Rubies are easier to get with higher grinds for cheaper; they're basically the same power as Battlestoppers but effectively one grind behind. Guld Milla is far too expensive for the 100 ATP boost.

Bow: Nasuyoteri is the best you can buy, Rikauteri is good enough, don't forget the Izlucre, a 6* GRM bow, has very good ATP at 10/10, and goes pretty cheap compared to the Yohmei S-ranks. Bows have high level status effects as you level them.

Shotgun: Madam Brella / Van Brella for a silly umbrella, Suzakidanoh 10/10 (6* Yohmei shotgun) for accuracy, PP and decent power.

Rifle: Crimson Nova for power, White Meteora or Kiujibahoh for PP

Laser Cannon: Degahna Cannon. Great PP and power, comparable to an S-rank in general. Thunder Cannon isn't bad either, and is cheaper by far.

Dagger: Blumier. I use this when things are resistant to bullets, as my Beast GT has pretty poor TP to rely on for tech damage. Since your striking moves are capped at 10, you can't get the second part of the combo, but hopefully you'll be able to work around that.

Doublesaber: Any. Or none. If you have one left over from WT, then cool, but again your striking moves are limited to lv10.

idiotic cast fightgunner that cast named kai's Avatar
    *looks around* lying dead in some random mission

*shrug*

that is pretty detail, and a lot of it is not all that needed for a GT

(been playing GT since i started on psu, i know in the past it was more or less a support counter part to FG, 'medic gunner', although now it has more options, but it is still best to keep to the basics of it, i suppose teching can be done as a GT, but it may be better to let a FT, AT, or MF to do the light shows)

to be honest, you best bet is to stick with a simple set up of

long bow (hirokteri, cheap as hell for a s-rank bow to start with)

rifle (crimson nova and white meteora, they are still kinda pricy at the moment, so it might be best to pick up a cheap phantom with a good number of grinds until you can get the cash for one)

twin handguns (battle stopper works well for this, but you can also use a number of others until to afford/use a set of them)

a wand/single firearm is the bread and butter of the class, best combos are wand/x-bow (stick to the tenora models over yohmei) or wand/mechgun, although wand/handgun & wand/card do work as well, but they can be more or less not needed for the class, your best bet using the wand primarily as a heal stick, (but that is just me, i am do that even when running gt as newman, attack tech as a GT seem like a waste no matter the race, bullets get the job done pretty well as well as getting a higher dps than mixing tech would)

shotgun and laser, uh meh, you really don't need them for the class since you really do better to stay mobile and strafing around with a wand in hand to support while using a mechgun or x-bows for damage and SEs

range mags are kinda wasted as well, they tend to work really only for AF pretty well

melee is sorta it works, but sticking to range can usually do the job

hit me up if you need some help
    Last edited by that cast named kai; Sep 13, 2010 at 02:19 PM.
    sorry to inform you but i just died.
    mind loaning me a few a scape dolls?

I am a HUcast to know what you are take the quiz here.

xbox 360 PSU ftw.

ranged mags are great!

Fire ranged mag in conjuntion with a blumier, using Shunbu level 20 (using GAS)

Dam-techs and regrants have no casting speed once you get them off. Therefore they are perfect candidates for a r-mag+wand. Sori-tech charge are cheap and easy - or even a concentrate unti to boost your tech damage to the max.

S rank machine guns are SO cheap. (200k or less?) get a 2/9, or 3/7 one - they still look badass

Get a bow over rifle

Would a doublesaber hit harder than a dagger? Hikai can keep up with the Double Saber PAs (and is 78% accuracy with dagger vs 75% for tornado dance with a double saber), but I might use double sabers with GAS for the cool factor.

Do you think guntechers will get level 20 skills?

I personally don't use range mags on GT (then again, my GT is a beast) but I can see them being useful for:
    - Regrants
    - Damtechs
    - Linear techs (barta/zone/megid)
    - Nosdiga
    The best single target one is ShagOgg/OpaOpa (JP). So those would be best with Regrants/Nosdiga/Foie/Diga. Damtechs are better off being paired with 10*-12* range mags for the penetrating laser.

My palette looks like:
    Bow
    Xbow / Wand
    Mechgun / Wand
    Shotgun
    Laser Cannon (but its debatable how useful this is on GT)
    Madoog / Wand

xbox 360 PSU ftw.

My Palette:
    Bow
    Xbow/healing wand
    Xbow/healing wand OR shotgun (depeding on enemy element)
    R-mag/ Dagger OR dam tech
    buff madoog+ Buff Wand
    card OR machine gun, healing wand

I'm not the best GT but I get the job done for the most part with:

Blumier & Shag Hodogg
    Card (flying enemies) or Mechgun (numerous normal dudes) & heal/debuff Wand
    Twin Handgun (Element, or Twin Penny if I want to see millions of mediocre numbers pop up)
    Crossbow (Yak Zagenga; I'm lazy! Part-Time GT doesn't want to level 6 elemental Xbows!) & heal/debuff Wand
    Kiujibahoh (Killer Shot, robots), Degahna Cannon (Mayalee Prism, knock down huge enemies) or Nasuyoteri (Maisei-sou, dangerous normal enemies)
    Buff wand & tech-mag

Against robot enemies I sometimes switch a debuff on my wand (usually for tagging but zoldeel helps mitigate Beast's ATA) for Megid, or Diga or Nosdiga (usually against Mother Brian).

Interesting how some players mention Cards on GT.

Pre-AoI I was strickly Bow, Card, and Twin Handgun user. Since Crossbows took horrendously long to lvl back then, shotguns sucked, lasers sucked, and rifles were just rifles. Mechguns are were the worst gun because they emptied too quick and the game was expensive, although MG-glitchers used em.

Right now, I practically use all the guns GT has except Cards and Twin Handguns (I think Twins are terrible guns for pure gunners). Are cards worth using on GT?

Card Regas +10 (same ATP as Shi-Kikami +10) seems to do good damage for me, it's especially notable for the light type being the strong element as you probably know.

It's a nice way of doing crossbow-like numbers of damage, but at a long range where it's safe rather than point blank which is sometimes risky. Lv31 card already tears shizz up, yo... lv41 with card element + (and maybe elemental arms if that works too) will be pure evil in your left hand.

It's worth levelling, and getting it up takes... what, eleven seconds? Seriously, you probably know already that cards level quick as hell, sped up slightly by the rapid fire strafe glitch. And since you're a Beast GT you'll be pumping out big numbers more or less all the time. Give it a go!