Thread: Upgrading wep's

Default Upgrading wep's

ok i never understood this ok so if i buy a grinder base s+9 will it make my wep 9/10?

No.

Each grinder has a CHANCE of upgrading a weapon ONCE. Its number (+2, +5 etc) indicates a higher chance. There is always a chance it will fail.

If you have a valuable weapon, and it says "very high" chance, please read that as "There is no chance of success". This is why my 8/10 42 fire repca and ely sion broke. "Very high" chance is around 60-95% chance of success.

C+1 is the same as S+1 on a C-rank weapon

People who use S grinders on A-rank weapons are just throwing money away.

On the other hand, it's probably cheaper to use A-rank grinders on B & C rank weapons.

Oh, and an S+9 can be used on any grind, first to last, and still have its +9 bonus. The higher the grind, the less chance of success. If you want your money's worth, use it on an S-rank weapon. If you're grinding Wartecher whips, use A-rank grinders at a tenth of the price.

Well i wanna grind my S rank cubo musrana cuz i will never be able to afford a simbo and i want it 10/10

PSU's grinding system is so ridiculously complicated compared to PSO and some of the other games... I don't know about the PSPo games, but you used to just be able to find Mono-, Di-, and Trigrinders for +1, +2, or +3 grinds respectively, use them on a weapon (or armor in PSZ), and boom - it was stronger, no hassle, no consequences. Each weapon or armor also had its own unique maximum grind, instead of everything having a maximum of 10 grinds. And to think back in PSU's early days, if a grind failed, not only did you waste your grinder, your weapon was gone forever - total bullshit!

I remember having around 10 Mizurakihohs (S rank rifle) saved up at one point from trades and synthing, and spent tons of what little money I had towards buying boards for synthing S Grinders (which come out with random values, btw), and only got TWO of those Mizurakihohs to 10/10, over the course of TWO grind boost/max luck events. I miraculously got the only Love Inferno I had to 10/10, but again, I waited until boosts were in effect, and I still think it was a fluke. I also ALMOST got my first Rattlesnake to 10/10, but it broke going from 9/10 to 10/10 using an S+10 grinder (best one you can use), again with boosts, although I did get it back up to 9/9 the second time around.

Keep in mind, if a weapon breaks when you try to grind it, its current grind (the first number) reverts back to 0, and its maximum potential (the second number) drops by one. So for example, if you have a weapon at 9/10, you attempt to grind it, and it breaks, it will become a 0/9, and you have to build its grinds back up again. Also, since it was broken, it can never become a 10/10. Break it again, and it can't become a 9/9, etc. On the Japanese servers, you can pay ACTUAL MONEY to "repair" a break, so I hear... but I think that's kinda stupid because you can still break it again.

Your character's luck/photon fortune also plays a role in the success rate of grinds. Because of this, you'll always want to wait until a max luck day, or if you happen to get max luck from the Photon Fortune lady. I highly suggest waiting until a grind boost after an event, although I don't know how often that will happen for the rest of PSU's lifetime.

It's up to you whether or not you want to want to grind your Cubo Musrana or not, but be prepared to invest and gamble a lot of money into it that you could be putting towards that Cubo Simba that you really want, whether it be buying one from player shops, or trying to hunt for a board and the materials yourself and level up a pure ranged PM to effectively synth it.

My FFXIV:ARR Lodestone Page
    3DS Friend Code: 0318-8097-4335
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Hearthstone