Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

HURAFOBR(VA)Human/Newman/cast/caseal/Beast!
    That would be the best choice.
    There's no race which is good overall like the pplz mentioned before but I think you should play what you wanna play..if you wanna go o.p. all out which "might" be boring after a time, it's ok or you wanna go with whatever you want.

Haha, Challenge Mode will love to meet you.

Never rly did challange mode with PSO but I WANT every title in PSPo2 so challange mode, here I come! (in a few days )

Quote Originally Posted by Zarode View Post
    Haha, Challenge Mode will love to meet you.
    and it has! I like swapping my classes at the mission counter (if I'm feeling giddy) for whichever stage I'm at.
    [LEFT]PSO2「香織」RA48 /GU36/HU33/FI16/ SHIP 09

BR = VA = Braver = Vandguard

Having leveled and played a level200 fCast BR30 and a lvl196 fBeast BR26 for nearly 300 hours each, I've experienced a wide varieties of pros and cons. Ultimately, ATA, PP and EVP are the three most important stats according to my experience. Beasts happen to lack ATA and PP while casts lack EVP. However, newmans excel in all three of these stats.

For all missions without altered monsters (monsters with higher base ATA), all the races are good as Braver. All races have enough EVP for melee invincibility.

However, if you guys get DLC with the MAX missions (monsters have higher ATA and less HP than normal), Newman Braver is definitely the best choice for these missions. Beasts have serious ATA problems and compromise many ability points and slots for ATA and PP. Newmans can easily exceed beasts in ATA, PP, and EVP (because you have more slots and ability points to stick EVP in without compromising other essential stats) and even come close to beast ATP (which is useless in the MAX's) with the proper abilities and slots. Not to mention Newmans have Ground Mirage blast, which is much more useful than Nanoblast. Do not over glorify HP and DFP. They are useless in the MAX's and excessive in all other missions. Anything that's dangerous does 700-1000 damage. Regardless of what race you are, as Braver, you will die in 2 hits. Not to mention, if you're invincible, why do you even need HP and DFP?

Cast braver simply doesn't have enough EVP and cannot reach those required levels of EVP without the lvl5 Deband SUV. Human Braver will struggle to reach those EVP points (you'll need RA25 for High EVP Boost) however it is still possible for them to reach the breaking points.

If you guys ever get the MAX's, don't come crying with your Cast Bravers about not having enough EVP. Also, that chin-piece is irritating enough for me to dislike using my cast.
    Last edited by Lolitron; Sep 13, 2010 at 03:57 PM.
    www.xat.com/psp2 to chat about psp2 and to run with an english speaking psp2 community.

【JP PSPo2:i】 [FNewm Lvl83 FO11] [FDewm Lvl90 FO12] [FCast Lvl200 HU30 BR30] [FBeast Lvl198 HU30 BR 28]

I never found ATA to be too much of an importance unless using firearms. At about level 20 or so you don't miss often at all.
    Proud owner of the PSP2 free vent server

Check out the IRC group, for those who prefer to type.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkPhoton View Post
    I never found ATA to be too much of an importance unless using firearms. At about level 20 or so you don't miss often at all.
    I'm glad that with your 20 levels of experience, you feel like you can claim that ATA is not important.

I suppose it's ridiculous for me to claim that ATA is important despite my two lvl195+ Br27+ characters.
    www.xat.com/psp2 to chat about psp2 and to run with an english speaking psp2 community.

【JP PSPo2:i】 [FNewm Lvl83 FO11] [FDewm Lvl90 FO12] [FCast Lvl200 HU30 BR30] [FBeast Lvl198 HU30 BR 28]

I really find this thread interesting specially Izuna's and Lolitron's post.So from what I could understand is Cast vanguards are good with melee,ranging,great PP recovery,can withstand a hit or two and can carry more EX traps(which I think can make killing higher level monster easy with residual damage) but has horrible EVP which makes it prone to getting hit easier v.s. Newman vanguards that have godly EVP(which mean less hits from monster)good meleeing capability,good PP recovery but can't carry EX traps and prone to getting OHKO(if hit)?
    Last edited by GantzDetainee; Sep 13, 2010 at 04:06 PM.
    Teletha Testarossa Vamarl Lvl 152 Challenge Rank: Master, Battle Rank: AAA.

EX traps are not race based.They are type based: VA=8 RA=4 HU/FO=0
    Newman don't get hit because of EVP and take less damage from magic(higher mst)
    Reality hits like a baseball bat, duck-taped to a bus thats moving very fast!
    Japanese body pillows - Why not go the next mile and buy a blow up doll?
    Old people, they may look friendly but can you really trust them?
    Light-Blessed Crusader's Divine Rainbow Hand of Just Righteousness
    http://www.vat19.com/dvds/worlds-largest-gummy-bear.cfm