Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Barada Chamga

Default Barada Chamga

Okay, I'm really confused now. Looking at the description it says it does charm 4 on the enemies, but when they're charmed they still attack me, so clearly I have no idea what charm does. Is it supposed to make them all focus on you?

yeah......

Yup. Especially considering tanking is pointless in this game.

Again, Sonic Team's game design at it's finest...

I mean, I could understand programming in this status effect if there was a tank-like class in the game, but PSU's combat is mostly comprised of RAWR BIG NUMBARZ KILLLLLL ZOMG WHY AREN'T YOU KILLING IT FASTER type gameplay. The only other weapon that I remember that even inflicted Charm was the Bouquet (a weak event-only item), and none of the enemies in the game inflict it either. There's not even a Charm / Resist unit in the game... it just feels tacked-on, y'know?

Unfortunately, unless you only use guns sparingly on whatever job you're playing as, the trade-in bullet PA's are mostly worthless, save for a select few like Killer Shot and Boma Duranga, which are still very situational. I don't know if the Supplemental Update beefed any of them up, other than the bow ones, but I say unequip that Barada Chamga PA from your inventory and bury it deep into your PM to gather dust... hell, feed it to it if you want. Drawing enemy attention towards you with a gun weapon defeats the point of using guns in the first place, in my opinion. Stick with the elemental bullets, you'll be glad you did. And if PA space is an issue, I'd go with the ice element bullet. There are a lot of fire enemies in the game, and freeze is one of the best status effects.

My FFXIV:ARR Lodestone Page
    3DS Friend Code: 0318-8097-4335
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Hearthstone

Charm Crusher adds 15% damage and when your a PT its really nice because you can charm them and then make them run into your freeze traps.

If you're a team player then the charm bullet works well on a guntecher. Other than that it's really worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsaru View Post
    Drawing enemy attention towards you with a gun weapon defeats the point of using guns in the first place, in my opinion.
    Shotguns are melee weapons, you want to use it close range to maximise double hitting potential. Of course just running up to them with an elemental bullet will get their attention anyway and kill them much faster.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodflowers View Post
    Shotguns are melee weapons, you want to use it close range to maximise double hitting potential. Of course just running up to them with an elemental bullet will get their attention anyway and kill them much faster.
    I agree that shotguns work best at point-blank range for damage, but they are certainly NOT melee weapons. They don't deal melee damage.

My FFXIV:ARR Lodestone Page
    3DS Friend Code: 0318-8097-4335
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Hearthstone

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsaru View Post
    I agree that shotguns work best at point-blank range for damage, but they are certainly NOT melee weapons. They don't deal melee damage.
    You know what I meant - I didn't call them striking weapons now did I?