That Noob that keeps dyin

Default what the heck are these guys for?

RSCMs, what the heck. They dont shot very often and the one I have thats 10/10 shots just slightly more often. Will they shoot any fast the higher my TP? also which is the best kind?

They are your off-hand shooter. The look like PSO mags, but are guns. They shoot at certain intervals with certain status effects.
    Blink & you might miss it! ;3

Oh, keep sig at 600x180 px & 49KB, yah?

They shoot more often if you have a "red reticle lock", the best ones right now are the Tenora ones, the Shag Hodogg. Shoots a 4-way blast every 2-3 seconds or so whenever there's targets.

Fire rate is based on if the mag can "see" a target, and by the mag itself. A preta will shoot faster than an ebrozike, for instance. More TP just means more damage.

RCSM's, or Ranged-MAGs, are basically automated turrets that follow you around and shoot at anything that gets close to you. The way each one fires is dependent on the model itself; some shoot multiple shots, some fire in a spread pattern, some fire a laser that can pierce enemies, and some just shoot faster than others. Also, each one has different status effects depending on what element it is; some fire-element ones can cause Burn, but another one might cause ATP down (Jellen). I think some of them can even cause knockdown.

Ranged-MAGs are dependent upon your character's TP stat to determine damage, like how techs do. Because of this, it's usually recommended to only use them on classes like Acrofighter or maybe Guntecher, as a way to inflict status effects while using something like a saber or dagger to deal the majority of your damage, etc. Any other class, you're probably better off using something else for your off-hand weapon.

My FFXIV:ARR Lodestone Page
    3DS Friend Code: 0318-8097-4335
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Hearthstone

xbox 360 PSU ftw.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsaru View Post
    RCSM's, or Ranged-MAGs, are basically automated turrets that follow you around and shoot at anything that gets close to you. The way each one fires is dependent on the model itself; some shoot multiple shots, some fire in a spread pattern, some fire a laser that can pierce enemies, and some just shoot faster than others. Also, each one has different status effects depending on what element it is; some fire-element ones can cause Burn, but another one might cause ATP down (Jellen). I think some of them can even cause knockdown.

Ranged-MAGs are dependent upon your character's TP stat to determine damage, like how techs do. Because of this, it's usually recommended to only use them on classes like Acrofighter or maybe Guntecher, as a way to inflict status effects while using something like a saber or dagger to deal the majority of your damage, etc. Any other class, you're probably better off using something else for your off-hand weapon.
    acrotechers do quite well with R-mags as well:

Consider - with a 40+% A rank GRM R-mag, I hit 3x for 250 per hit on the R missions. That plus a status effect, can finish off enemies in one less combo.

When not using a Tenora one, I love the A-rank Mags. They have a high rate of fire and they status effect like no tomorrow. I favor good burn ones. They almost guarrantee to *ahem* Start the fires burning in like 2 seconds flat. All the while, I'm using a good melee weapon or tech attack. Since it all happens simultaneously, they don't take away from my attack at all, and the status effect helps make short work of em. Plus they do a surprising amount of support damage. Sometimes, adding another 50% of extra damage on top of what I'm doing, based on how resistant the mob is to the attack.

I've used that combo primarily as a single slot choice for Acrotecher and Guntecher.
    Last edited by Akaimizu; Sep 15, 2010 at 01:43 PM.

That Noob that keeps dyin

Man you guys making me want to switch to acrofighter now cause Im loving 4 way r-mag with dagger combo, something hypnotic about thos dagger swings.