Page 25 of 65 FirstFirst ... 152223242526272835 ... LastLast

To all those crying out of nostalgia...

I say let's wait no longer for phantasy star online 2 but reconnect our dreamcasts today instead!

Oh my god. Just saw the news on Reddit. Anyone remember me and Team Dreamstation from PSOv1 all the way to PSO BB?

I cannot wait for this sucker. My only hope is that its a true MMORPG with the same fun loving gameplay improved upon. With ridable mounts, multiple planets, and non-instanced worlds.
    Phantasy Star 2 Char/Serv
    ChronoTrigga - Human Female - Ship 7 / Block 30

Quote Originally Posted by Handsock View Post
    I cannot wait for this sucker. My only hope is that its a true MMORPG with the same fun loving gameplay improved upon. With ridable mounts, multiple planets, and non-instanced worlds.
    The PSO formula doesn't seem like it'd really work in an MMO, persistent world format. That, and there's nothing wrong with the format PSO had in the first place.

Realistically-speaking, the fact that it was not an MMO allowed PSO to actually have gameplay with the action and precision it has in the first place. Being that this action is one of the defining characteristics of the game, and they would have to more or less sacrifice it to make it an actual massively-multiplayer game (especially in a fully persistent world)... Ultimately destroying the notion of what people actually liked about PSO in the first place, instead of improving on it.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

I'll say something about this since it's been forever and a damn day since I posted here.

If Sega hasn't learned their damn lesson about how GMing an online game should be, then I'm not fucking touching this.
    <- This would be my avatar if someone learned to let people upload their own.

Retired PSO Gamecube Player.
    2nd NA HUcaseal to 200. 13th Lv.200 Player.
    Silver is exspensive. Chrome looks just as cool. ~Deadpool

Hearing about this had brought me back into the light. It's been a real long time since I've last visited PSO-World. From the past, I didn't think I'd ever get back on here, but wow. I am surprised! I can't wait now until 2011 release! I'm so excited and there are so many emotions stirring through me right now. Oh, the good ol' memories.

SNK: Sadly, I'd say that PSU's past experiences had turned me off to a lot of things PSU wise, but I won't let that ruin what is going to be.
    I'm still overly excited and I will be participating in this game as much as I possibly can.
    Last edited by Zero-Sensei; Sep 17, 2010 at 10:23 AM.
    Tired of wanting nice awesome looking weapons, and having trouble getting those high %'s? Aren't quite strong enough to reach that goal?
    Not a problem, Contact Lyzael and Sensei for assistance! Because every GUARDIAN Deserves to have fun! Don't be afraid to send a PM!

Lol XD *Laughs.* Prepare yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by Zero-Sensei View Post
    Hearing about this had brought me back into the light. It's been a real long time since I've last visited PSO-World. From the past, I didn't think I'd ever get back on here, but wow. I am surprised! I can't wait now until 2011 release! I'm so excited and there are so many emotions stirring through me right now. Oh, the good ol' memories.

SNK: Sadly, I'd say that PSU's past experiences had turned me off to a lot of things PSU wise, but I won't let that ruin what is going to be.
    I'm still overly excited and I will be participating in this game as much as I possibly can.
    I wish I could say the same but givin Sega's shitty track record, I'm not even hoping that they'll have an active involvement in their playerbase that's anything even close to what FFXI has.

I'll probably watch a friend get it but, my days of PSO are pretty much done. I wish I felt otherwise but after enjoying many spent hours on the Gamecube Version and of course the Dreamcast version before that, I can pretty much say that this isn't my game anymore.
    <- This would be my avatar if someone learned to let people upload their own.

Retired PSO Gamecube Player.
    2nd NA HUcaseal to 200. 13th Lv.200 Player.
    Silver is exspensive. Chrome looks just as cool. ~Deadpool

I woke up and found myself in this place. SERIOUSLY, WHERE THE HELL AM I?!

H*LL YEAH! When I found out I got incredibly hyped! If this turns out as well as I hope it will, then I'll so get this and play the living f**k out of it!

Well, I'm not here to change your mind. What you believe is what you believe. I am just able to put the negative happenings aside and look forward to seeing what lies in front of me for the future. The idea of a new "PSO" is just all so intriguing to me.
    Tired of wanting nice awesome looking weapons, and having trouble getting those high %'s? Aren't quite strong enough to reach that goal?
    Not a problem, Contact Lyzael and Sensei for assistance! Because every GUARDIAN Deserves to have fun! Don't be afraid to send a PM!

Lol XD *Laughs.* Prepare yourself!

Having thoroughly enjoyed PSO and been one of the OG PSU importers from '06, I am very much ambivalent about this. Please, please, please, please, pleeease let them stop treating their foreign userbase like second-class citizens! Otherwise I'd be hard-press to want to go near this, no matter how good it may turn out to be.
    Zeota - Ship 2 (JP)
    http://twitch.tv/zeomantic

Quote Originally Posted by DarkEpyon00 View Post
    Having thoroughly enjoyed PSO and been one of the OG PSU importers from '06, I am very much ambivalent about this. Please, please, please, please, pleeease let them stop treating their foreign userbase like second-class citizens! Otherwise I'd be hard-press to want to go near this, no matter how good it may turn out to be.
    What up man. Dreamstation for life.
    Phantasy Star 2 Char/Serv
    ChronoTrigga - Human Female - Ship 7 / Block 30