Page 42 of 65 FirstFirst ... 323940414243444552 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ffuzzy-Logik View Post
    Well, my opinions are more valid than those of others.

But seriously, my problem is that people stating ignorant opinions and ideas fills me with soul-blackening rage.
    Hush you dont have a soul.(But it's people stating there opinion on what the game should be like,and it's SEGA's last straw with me after that Xbox360 arcade game failure.(Paid for all those games and and they all stropped working for me,so fuck SEGA if this doesn't work out.)I'll bash the game for all eternity if it's not good,they stepped on my childhood and wasted my money,oh there gonna hear it from me.(Just saying.)

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothXer0 View Post
    Now I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't like the idea that all my save data and my character is stored on a server somewhere across the world, and if anything happens to it then all those hours are gone out the window.
    Nothing new. Online-only games have been around for a long, LONG time now and people simply accept this as par for the course.

Although, granted, other games appear to have more success in maintaining long life spans (Everquest is STILL going, for example) than the PSO/PSU series, so your concern is more reasonable in light of that. But that's more a problem with Sega's ability to maintain its foreign customer base and less a fault of the online-only model...

Dreams of surfing rappies NegaTsukasa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    There's still plenty of time for Sega to muck the whole thing up. Like Dhylec said, we need more screens and info. So far, it's still good news though.
    The Keyword here that I'm liking here is that it says "Online" at the end of "Star." not Universe.
    I'm glade to see something like this being in the works, but I do have to agree with the possibility
    of it being mucked up. its still pretty early. So my hopes are not sky rocketing just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by NegaTsukasa View Post
    The Keyword here that I'm liking here is that it says "Online" at the end of "Star." not Universe.
    I'm glade to see something like this being in the works, but I do have to agree with the possibility
    of it being mucked up. its still pretty early. So my hopes are not sky rocketing just yet.
    Exactly why I cant get hyped yet.

Quote Originally Posted by zonron View Post
    i just don't understand.... why is there so much hate on this thread. i'm way happy about pso2. i don't think sega could ruin the game. as long as you can play split screen multiplayer on the eventual console release why would it matter?

just trust sega this time.

now you must excuse me i need to find a rappy and hit him with my rod...
    .....lol

Quote Originally Posted by Handsock View Post
    because alot of people are elitist douchebags who think just because they've been playing PSO/PSU longer than other people that their opinions are more valid than others.
    Tell me, What's it like thinking that you know what you're talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrusticae View Post
    Although, granted, other games appear to have more success in maintaining long life spans (Everquest is STILL going, for example) than the PSO/PSU series, so your concern is more reasonable in light of that. But that's more a problem with Sega's ability to maintain its foreign customer base and less a fault of the online-only model...
    This is excatly what I'm talking about. Sega has had this problem since day one. NA and EU players were the "extras" to Sega when PSO was out. The Japanese players had more support, more new quests added and all we got is whatever they felt like giving us.

Sega did a terrible job with the series since release in terms of support for their userbase outside of Japan.

Dreamcast Version 1 & version 2, Gamecube, Xbox *which was hacked to shit instantly*, & PSU.

That's a bad track record. So for me to even consider PSO2 it had better have some real support not just for the Japanese players but, everyeone.
    Last edited by S N K; Sep 20, 2010 at 01:58 PM.
    <- This would be my avatar if someone learned to let people upload their own.

Retired PSO Gamecube Player.
    2nd NA HUcaseal to 200. 13th Lv.200 Player.
    Silver is exspensive. Chrome looks just as cool. ~Deadpool

Quote Originally Posted by S N K View Post
    .....lol

Tell me, What's it like thinking that you know what you're talking about?

This is excatly what I'm talking about. Sega has had this problem since day one. NA and EU players were the "extras" to Sega when PSO was out. The Japanese players had more support, more new quests added and all we got is whatever they felt like giving us.

Sega did a terrible job with the series since release in terms of support for their userbase outside of Japan.

Dreamcast Version 1 & version 2, Gamecube, Xbox *which was hacked to shit instantly*, & PSU.

That's a bad track record. So for me to even consider PSO2 it had better have some real support not just for the Japanese players but, everyeone.

Only way they can do this if the server goes Global,if not this game wouldn't even be worth mentioning,it's gonna be the same BS.

Quote Originally Posted by Powder Keg View Post
    You can't read the future, but I hope you are right.

oh, and...

Gee = Canadine
    Zol Gibbons = Savage wolves
    Deldepth = slimes
    etc.

Most were basically reskins, with minor differences.
    Well, I won't make bets on it, but I think it's fair to say that the development climate has changed. Weather report says spring's coming early this year.

Oh right... Canadines... Gee's... weren't not that unique. But their models were different. Kept me from realizing it for a long time. Gibbons were tech using wolves, but they also had the ability to jump backwards as well as forwards. Wolves could only circle and leap. Deldepth's similarly, had that blade attack while they moved around super fast. A lot faster than slimes ever did. They could also cast barta and rabarta. The key difference is in their increased mobility. Having enemies who could evade you, that was cool. Those damn squids, damn those squids.

Quote Originally Posted by Ffuzzy-Logik View Post
    Guys, PSU is not a bad game. If you are judging the whole series based on how it was during the first few months (or even off of v1 PSU as a whole), you're really making an ill-informed commentary.
    I played PSU on PC/PS2. I played until the last day. I'm not criticizing the game based on the first few months. In fact, I remember playing the first few months and being hopeful. Back then we weren't hopelessly behind the Japanese updates. Then when the pattern of failed updates started to set in, the MAG fiasco wasn't even a surprise. I couldn't even get mad about that. I was sunk in my own depressed complacency about the game.

However, I am a design minded kind of folk. I sat around, annoying my friends, talking about what direction PSU could go to actually get better. I also did a LOT of PSU & PSO compare and contrast. PSU did a few things right. There were a few experimental features, but I feel like they never took them the full 9 yards. They got lock-on and circle strafing, and PA's were a nice touch. The addition of just attack was a MUST. That allowed a player's skill in battle to have more impact on the fights. Some of the enemies were kind of cool, but ... they weren't a match for the player's range of control. Or in some cases, the players range of control weren't a match for some enemies. Although I loved the enemies that leap over your head.

Ultimately the biggest failure of PSU was environmental detail. No dual track music. Levels were room after room of boring wallpaper. Well... excusing, of course, Rozenom City and the Haba-whatever Forbidden District. Those approached PSO levels of awesomeness in terms of doing something amazing within drastic limitations. Which is basically what I call PSO's CCA.

Judging the direction PSU took into PSP2... I'd say battles are going to offer more player control, and hopefully equally matched enemies. Enemies, player control, and environmental settings need to groove together, like some kinda groovy beat. Groovy Sinow Beat? Haw!

Half tempted to start praying to Sakai. Get a little shrine going. Please work your magic, vaquish the flaws of PSU & PSO, and give me a smooth sweet beverage ripe with variety in flavor and texture, and maybe some fruity chunks I'll have to chew, and a little silly umbrella on the top sometimes. Yeah, I just used milkshakes to describe PSO2. It better deliver.

I can't think of much else to say in this thread besides "ohhh I hope it's good!" Unless we start talking about speculations on the list

So, what do you guys think map functions mean in that one line "Map Functions Changing in real time" What is this I don't even.

Cult of Cast Supremacy Raven5_1's Avatar

I'll never complain about PSU's gameplay mechahanics but what frustrated me was the level design. too clean, too empty. pretty, but lifeless for the most part.

AOTI was a massive improvement in that reguard with the added levels

Quote Originally Posted by Eidolus_Dyne View Post
    Well, I won't make bets on it, but I think it's fair to say that the development climate has changed. Weather report says spring's coming early this year.

Oh right... Canadines... Gee's... weren't not that unique. But their models were different. Kept me from realizing it for a long time. Gibbons were tech using wolves, but they also had the ability to jump backwards as well as forwards. Wolves could only circle and leap. Deldepth's similarly, had that blade attack while they moved around super fast. A lot faster than slimes ever did. They could also cast barta and rabarta. The key difference is in their increased mobility. Having enemies who could evade you, that was cool. Those damn squids, damn those squids.

I played PSU on PC/PS2. I played until the last day. I'm not criticizing the game based on the first few months. In fact, I remember playing the first few months and being hopeful. Back then we weren't hopelessly behind the Japanese updates. Then when the pattern of failed updates started to set in, the MAG fiasco wasn't even a surprise. I couldn't even get mad about that. I was sunk in my own depressed complacency about the game.

However, I am a design minded kind of folk. I sat around, annoying my friends, talking about what direction PSU could go to actually get better. I also did a LOT of PSU & PSO compare and contrast. PSU did a few things right. There were a few experimental features, but I feel like they never took them the full 9 yards. They got lock-on and circle strafing, and PA's were a nice touch. The addition of just attack was a MUST. That allowed a player's skill in battle to have more impact on the fights. Some of the enemies were kind of cool, but ... they weren't a match for the player's range of control. Or in some cases, the players range of control weren't a match for some enemies. Although I loved the enemies that leap over your head.

Ultimately the biggest failure of PSU was environmental detail. No dual track music. Levels were room after room of boring wallpaper. Well... excusing, of course, Rozenom City and the Haba-whatever Forbidden District. Those approached PSO levels of awesomeness in terms of doing something amazing within drastic limitations. Which is basically what I call PSO's CCA.

Judging the direction PSU took into PSP2... I'd say battles are going to offer more player control, and hopefully equally matched enemies. Enemies, player control, and environmental settings need to groove together, like some kinda groovy beat. Groovy Sinow Beat? Haw!

Half tempted to start praying to Sakai. Get a little shrine going. Please work your magic, vaquish the flaws of PSU & PSO, and give me a smooth sweet beverage ripe with variety in flavor and texture, and maybe some fruity chunks I'll have to chew, and a little silly umbrella on the top sometimes. Yeah, I just used milkshakes to describe PSO2. It better deliver.

I can't think of much else to say in this thread besides "ohhh I hope it's good!" Unless we start talking about speculations on the list

So, what do you guys think map functions mean in that one line "Map Functions Changing in real time" What is this I don't even.
    Everything you just said was spot on,and I dont know what they even mean by that,does the map change or something I dont get it..

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrusticae View Post
    Nothing new. Online-only games have been around for a long, LONG time now and people simply accept this as par for the course.

Which sucks, it's such a step back! It's like people settling for HORSES because, like you said, they've been around for a long LONG time only... hey! Welcome to reality people! We've had CARS being superior to HORSES for QUITE SOME TIME NOW.

Seriously, it's not like the Online+Offline model did NOT prove to have been successfully done in the past/near-present (Diablo II and Boderlands being the ones that come on top of my head).

And just look at borderland; I don't need no servers to connect/pay for to go on ''an adventure around in a whooole neeeeww wooooorld''.

Sega had it in the first place for PSO on Dreamcast; you'd think they'd go back to it anyway since it's not like ''sticking with an online-only model'' proved too fruitful in the end <_<

Heck, what am I saying, PS:P2 shows they DID ''revert'' back to the Online+Offline model. It doesn't need servers either*... Why would PSO2 not have such a delightful feature?

I really don't see why PSO2 couldn't have the same character being used to connect with other characters either online, through LAN or on your own offline with NPCs (heck, imagine if the game could RECORD your friends and allow the game to ''take control'' of the ''model'' of your selected friends except have them in your team as NPCs! How cool would that be??). I would only see Sega restraining everyone to online-only if they'd go ''ok! How about we try going full-MMO this time? That'd be our FIRST ATTEMPT! Surely we CAN'T FAIL. HAR HAR''... *sigh* (darn, I don't know why but I just pictured ''it'' being ''RF:Online minus the mechsuitthings and insane PvP'' ... o god... must shake... horrible... mental images... awayyy, hmmm, but I guess it wouldn't be toooo bad so long it doesn't rely so much on PvP like SOMETHING did, hell, it could be fun if it had nice PvE too... ok mental images aren't all THAT horrible, I'd regret the lack of mechs though, and the fact they'd go MMO-experimenting on us which would just stamp ''BOUND TO FAIL'' on it on-the-spot...)

Seriously, the moment I'd hear PSO2 doesn't have something close to PS:P2, I'm just gonna stick to PS:P2Infiniti (or whichever the last ''expansion'' will be) until the end; I think that will be a nice ''last PSO/U game'' to stick with.

*Well, ok, the moment PSN dies ''infra-structure falls with it'' but really... that'll never happen, right? Right??