Page 37 of 65 FirstFirst ... 273435363738394047 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ffuzzy-Logik View Post
    So you want not to be able to change directions while attacking, shoot a gun more than three times, or do any attacks with special animations that can do things like knock down enemies?
    I just played PSO Blue Burst and that combat was hard compared to PSU,I got killed twice on level one and in PSU I never died in my early levels,this time it was an exception.(I'm hoping PSO2 is whole another game with a revamp on combat,something like PSU but way better.)But I think the whole reason why I died was because I'm new to playing PSO on the PC,I didn't have any clue on how to play.(When it was on the first Xbox that was whole another story.)

The only thing "hard" about combat in PSO is getting used to the unresponsive, rigid nature of the attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldbrand View Post
    If you want PSU combat, play PSU. This is OUR sequel, finally. You have plenty of up to date PSU games to choose from.
    Actually. I think it's fair to say that what makes a PSO sequel, is the original creative direction behind PSO being put to use in a new game. Since that direction was given by Satoshi Sakai, who had nothing to do with PSU and was put back in charge for the portable games PSZ and PSP2, PSO has already gotten spiritual sequels. Sequels that salvaged the best of PSU and PSO, then added wholly new features that I suspect won't be going away any time soon.

Why don't you play PSP2 before you get all high and mighty about PSO's superiority in terms of combat? Because I think you may like what you find in that game, unlike PSU.

Quote Originally Posted by Râul View Post
    I actually think client orders are the people you accept quests from
    Oh right. Conceptual client orders, not mechanical client orders. Well, that's very fine indeed! Quests spice things up compared to the open (boring grindy) missions. In fact, variety in client orders sounds a lot like variety in mission objectives. I love missions where there's more than killing everything in sight.

Okay so, next? Which other cryptic bullet point can you guys explain to me!! ;-D

How about "Asynchronous Communication System"

As far as I knew, we had mail in PSO/PSU, and in PSU we also had bulletin boards in our rooms. Perhaps they're talking about a tool to bridge the language barrier then?

Quote Originally Posted by Ffuzzy-Logik View Post
    The only thing "hard" about combat in PSO is getting used to the unresponsive, rigid nature of the attacks.
    I agree with this. I played both PSO and PSU in their heydays and enjoyed them both. But anyone wishing to return to the archaic combat of PSO when they've just fine-tuned PSU's formula is probably just jaded by PSU's original system.

Quote Originally Posted by Eidolus_Dyne View Post
    How about "Asynchronous Communication System"

As far as I knew, we had mail in PSO/PSU, and in PSU we also had bulletin boards in our rooms. Perhaps they're talking about a tool to bridge the language barrier then?
    I take great pleasure in Word Select.
    > Eidolus_Dyne

Quote Originally Posted by Eidolus_Dyne View Post
    Sega's perspective. The PC is the most successful platform for the PSO&PSU games so far. They have a bigger player base there
    Dont post lies just because its suits your agenda.

and that's with the majority of PS2/PC players being PS2 players

That's an interesting and informative graph...

Thoughts on that:
    - The huge spike in population at launch and rapid drop-off are quite telling. And yet, somehow, the 360 version is not subject to this. As I wasn't particularly paying attention to the game at this time, I can't even venture the reasons as to why.

- If I'm understanding the graph correctly, the pink line refers to the regional servers while the blue line refers to Japanese players... with the 360 not being region-locked? Someone explain this to me, as it affects how I read the graph considerably.

- It's pretty much undeniable that their reasons for choosing the PC platform are for development reasons, and not for anything related to do with demographic or sales numbers. This just makes me support the focus even more. Anything to make the game better.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryudo View Post
    Dont post lies just because its suits your agenda.

and that's with the majority of PS2/PC players being PS2 players
    I have no problem admitting that I got that information from a questionable source, who refused to verify it's validity when I asked them about it later. After that I knew the truth was going to bite my ass sooner or later. Given this information, I have no problem reforming my speculations on Sega's motivations to choose PC over consoles. Sega's choice to go PC exclusive with PSO2, I suspect, has even more to do with it being unregulated by a third party company.

About this chart, is there any other information that goes with it? Does it say how much of the PC/PS2 population is made up of which part? Or how many Japanese players actually play the xbox version?

Do you happen to have any statistical information about the populations of the DC, GC & XBOX, and BB versions of PSO over the course of their respective life spans?

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrusticae View Post

Thoughts on that:
    - The huge spike in population at launch and rapid drop-off are quite telling. And yet, somehow, the 360 version is not subject to this. As I wasn't particularly paying attention to the game at this time, I can't even venture the reasons as to why.

- If I'm understanding the graph correctly, the pink line refers to the regional servers while the blue line refers to Japanese players... with the 360 not being region-locked? Someone explain this to me, as it affects how I read the graph considerably.

- It's pretty much undeniable that their reasons for choosing the PC platform are for development reasons, and not for anything related to do with demographic or sales numbers. This just makes me support the focus even more. Anything to make the game better.
    This. ^ Also, I believe I have seen that graph a long time ago. It definitely looks familiar. I think that you are reading the graph correctly. The graph does not show the ratio of PC to PS2 players or Japanese to Western players on the Xbox servers. So there's still a lot that's unlclear.

I shall not be impressed till I see gameplay footage, that is all,
    also PSO is still much alive, just cant say where to play it online, as for PSU eh I dont see it dying then if PSO2 is pure pc, i wont even bother with if its PC then, PSO i loved on a console, not a PC, and my PC can run any of the modern games, I just have always been a console gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrusticae View Post

Thoughts on that:

1. PC/PS2 version of JP PSU suffered from serious server problems.

2. Yes.