Page 2 of 178 FirstFirst 123451252102 ... LastLast

More unique Tech appearances.

The PSU Verse Gi/Dam/Ra techs all pretty much did the same thing, and served the same purpose.

For me, I would like to see:

The return of symbol chat and word select. For cross language communication.

No segregated servers, PSO Dreamcast had it perfect, you could just select the region.

Mag raising

Section ID's return.

Return to Normal, Hard, Very hard, and Ultimate difficulties.

Lobbies return, and maybe mini games that can be played in the lobby, that isn't lag soccer, and not the last lobby nobody goes in.

Red boxes being the main way to obtain rare weapons/items instead of crafting (hated that in PSU)

Forest 3 that unlocks when you get 4 level 200 characters to step on switches in the medical center.
    Phantasy Star Online Veteran!
    Played: PSO JPN DC, PSO USA DC, PSO V2 JPN DC, PSO V2 USA, PSO GCN JPN, PSO GCN USA, USA PSU PC/PS2, USA PS0 DS, USA PSP, USA PSP2!

Technical:
    - Same servers (no system or JP / Regional separations)

- A billing server that won't fail

- Fast responses to cheating/glitching (I know it's not always easy, but this can be responsible for losing chunks of players early on--and quick!)

Gameplay:
    - Balance!! I know this isn't always easy either in the early stages, but it stinks having abilities in the game that are pretty much useless. I won't complain too much though, as many games have these things....just as long as something isn't broken to the point where it's the standard.

- Weather and day / night changes in all lobbies and missions. It would be awesome if there was a global game time system and it changed the time of day and the weather, which could also affect things like enemy spawns, or even what they drop...

- Rebalance how long it takes to level skills and abilities. I think this will happen already, as I'm hearing PSP2 did a good job of this. PSU Photon Arts are brutal to level up in most cases. Some are easy, but others are so much of a grind that make you want to pull your hair out. I honestly don't know how some can cap them all out at 50 (twice, even for those who migrated)
    Last edited by Powder Keg; Sep 16, 2010 at 02:57 PM.

I'd like Forces to stop sucking... even in PS0 you had changes to Forces, that I didn't enjoy.

no cheating
    a large community
    an actual economy

Team: Outsourced Mutiny lostinseganet's Avatar
    Lost somewhere between seganet and the grave

Talking hmm

16 player coop 200+ in lobbie
    land ponieer 2
    find out where ponieer 1 is and what exactly happened
    meet red ring rungo face to face
    Epsoide 1,2,4 content
    Great graphics
    World wide servers
    under $15 per month
    Lots of different enemies to fight" Not just the same ones reskined"
    Melee combat simular to rune halls of valhalla " A damn melee good game"
    Our own house/apartment with at least 3 floors
    Lots of stuff to put in the house or apt
    alots of clothes to choose
    Not to have armors connected to clothes" That way everyone can look different"
    3d gamming possible
    The ability to look up down left right in third person or first person If it needs to be a toggle so be it.
    Summons/ magic school girl transformations for magic users
    Transform/ combine for robots "parts that in no way look human"
    humans cool dodge and climb abilities aganst enemies
    Ability to take to mods and communicate concerns. In game mods
    Mags that are basically digimon and can transforms into cool stuff for 10 minutes at a time
    Photon blast!
    Last edited by lostinseganet; Sep 16, 2010 at 06:47 PM. Reason: eeeeee yay!

i know PSO2 isn't supposed to be exactly PSO all over again, but if there are a few things i'd be able to see again it would definitely be

Mags
    ID's
    a huge varity of Weapons/armors

PSO was my first MMO i ever played, and probably the only one next to FFXI which i played for several years starting with PSO ver.1
    i allways enjoyed hunting for rares together with friends, and i hope PSO2 offers a similar system like PSO did.

I hope PSO2 will be a real sequel to PSO, and Ragol plays a role again.
    Not just some new PS MMO that's called PSO2 and then adapts to content of the PSU series.
    That's my only worry actually, that PSO isn't PSO anymore after all those years.

I see everyone clamoring for Section ID's. While I do support this, I'd like it to be NOT based on your name. I'd prefer it to be simply random. I'd also like that on top of character class to influence other drops, to create a lot of variation, to encourage trading. and I do NOT WANT PLAYER SHOPS. This is one of the biggest problems with PSU, as it takes away from player interaction. I always felt PSO was very close-knit, and personal.
    This is my NEW signature. Complete with shameless self-promotion!

I agree with you 100% about shops, but I think drops varying based on ID and class is a little excessive. Section ID alone is enough, and they should let you pick it when you make your character, maybe even let you change it on the fly.

Actually, I imagine that drops varying based on class would be favoured over bringing back section IDs--three or four (depending upon whether Vanguard makes the cut) drop charts based on class is probably enough, as opposed to many more drop charts based on section ID, and class is a fairly reasonable way to figure what kind of drops a given player will consider relevant to their interests. Also, more recent works that contained different drop charts for different players used class, so I don't think it's entirely unreasonable to figure they're likely to keep using it.

That said, bringing back section IDs would by no means be actively offensive... as long as it doesn't require name finagling to get one that is actually relevant to your class and playstyle. If it were brought back, it would be best to follow the suggestions of earlier posters and allow the player to choose it at creation. I don't know about changing it on the fly per se, but being able to change it for a non-trivial administrative fee sounds reasonable.
    belladonna5012 on the official forums.
    PS0: Katherine (HUmarl 89), FOcaseal (RAcaseal 13), Dreck (HUcaseal 57)
    Offering me free stuff will not convince me to be your Internet Girlfriend.