Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011

Quote Originally Posted by CLARK View Post
    Thanks much! What does "hf" mean though?
    lol it means "have fun"

Quote Originally Posted by scazza View Post
    First time posting here in a long time, and I don't expect Ruby to actually read or care about this, but after reading this it really has to be said...

After reading your response on here Ruby, regarding the 1% of people that "ruin" it for the rest of us, and have somehow hurt the community, I have to say that I believe you may have your sights set on the wrong enemy of Segas success here in the Western world.

If I'm reading this right, you are blaming people who just want to access the content they paid for thats on the disk, with ruining your attempts at advertising PSP2? Its odd to blame the community for the failings of sega at tieing the localization teams hands in forcing them to use a fatally flawed content delivery system, aka codes that can be guessed by any child with enough time on their hands.

The blame here solely lies in one place, and one place only, and you said it yourself. You have been handed nothing by your bosses to work with in promoting the game. The success and failure of most games rely on how they are marketed. Here we have PSP2, having no marketing BEFORE launch of the game (when most games sell 70+% of their lifetime sales), and relying on a very weak promo delivery system that could be broken by anyone, not just malicious community members. To top it off, the game is launching on the same day as Halo Reach, a port of another SEGA title in Sonic Adventure, and ONE WEEK after ANOTHER SEGA PSP property in Valkyria Chronicles. Its clear this game was given no thought in porting to the non JP market, just like 90% of other SEGA titles (Yakuza 3 launches on the same day as FF13 is another great example of SEGA giving no actual thought on non JP releases).

Then to add insult to injury, every time we hear from SEGA on its policy of porting games that they deem not "suitable" to the non-JP market, they spout off things like localization not doing games justice, or no interest in the games outside of Japan. Or we get community members who represent SEGA blaming the community for things that are well within their parent companies control if someone actually gave a damn.

This vision code issue could have easily been rectified if SEGA had of actually let you provide some form of DLC system. Why not do what they do and release the items inside missions available for download on the site. They could have remained on the disk, but only available in the missions that could be downloaded from your site. The game clearly supports this feature (maybe not intentionally, but clearly its there). All of this would have went swimmingly if only someone higher up had allowed the budget for hosting a 2.58mb file(the PSU2DOWN.DAT) on segas website and a little forethought on the situation at hand.

I don't know. Maybe its just me. I feel over the past 10 years that I have burnt out on SEGA in some ways. Maybe they are upset that the DC died off quick outside of japan, who knows. All I will say is that I will never forget the day I was playing blue burst in the early stages of the games life, and coming across hackers in game for the first time. After posting on the forums and having the thread locked and being called a liar, I got a nice PM from I believe Clumsy telling me to Shut up and stop sensationalizing over a hacker in the game, as it just gives him fame, and to leave him alone and it will go away.

Blue Bursts player base and economy was destroyed in under a month, and in no time the game was closed down.

I don't hate the team that are stuck with some of the hardest jobs on the planet in turning the single lemon that SoJ gives them, into lemonade for all. But don't turn on your community here when your ire should be aimed elsewhere.

Anyway, its 6am, I've been up for ages, if this reads really badly, forgive me, I'm tired.... back to playing PSP2 before bed.
    I kinda agree there in all my years of play the Online Phantasy Star series I only see less than half the support that the JP side gets, I already have written in my mind that the Higher ups at SOJ are racists. While I agree that PSP2 is a big step in the right direction, The mindless blow is though we have PSP2 sudden JP announces PSPi and PSO2, Totally over shadowing PSP2 once more, it feels like we're getting Japan's table scraps, Keep in mind that I'm crazy for PSP2 and it's one of the few games that come out lately that makes smile (When I say few I don't mean like 2 I mean like a good hand full.) But looking at the improved expansion (Which I try to ignore) I see the community already saying "I'm gonna skip PSP2 and wait for PSPi" That's a wall banger folks. Yes an improved episode 2 is coming but please show your support for the game we begged for to get before that was announced
    Last edited by blazingsonic; Sep 26, 2010 at 12:30 PM.
    Username: Blazingsonic
    PS0 Name: Sentai
    F/C: 4125-5095-5213
    F/C: 1892-2449-7676

is this list legit or hex dumped?

Quote Originally Posted by marc110 View Post
    is this list legit or hex dumped?
    The items are legit, but they were found out by a dump, or some method like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Volcompat321 View Post
    The items are legit, but they were found out by a dump, or some method like it.
    dam why cant people just wait for them .is there any problems usein them online

Quote Originally Posted by marc110 View Post
    dam why cant people just wait for them .is there any problems usein them online
    Because people are impatient?
    Plus, if they played PSU, we all know how the dripfeeding works, though, there are more good points to the "dripfeeding" than negative.
    Also, it depends on how people look at it.

Since PS:P2 is FREE to play online, unlike PSU, it's good to have content slowly released.

And yea, they should be fine to play with online, since they're part of the game.
    They're not hacked items, SEGA (or whoever) made the codes for the game, so they're legitimate.

Quote Originally Posted by blazingsonic View Post
    I kinda agree there in all my years of play the Online Phantasy Star series I only see less than half the support that the JP side gets, I already have written in my mind that the Higher ups at SOJ are racists. While I agree that PSP2 is a big step in the right direction, The mindless blow is though we have PSP2 sudden JP announces PSPi and PSO2, Totally over shadowing PSP2 once more, it feels like we're getting Japan's table scraps, Keep in mind that I'm crazy for PSP2 and it's one of the few games that come out lately that makes smile (When I say few I don't mean like 2 I mean like a good hand full.) But looking at the improved expansion (Which I try to ignore) I see the community already saying "I'm gonna skip PSP2 and wait for PSPi" That's a wall banger folks. Yes an improved episode 2 is coming but please show your support for the game we begged for to get before that was announced
    This so much. I'm personally not planning on using the codes immediately, but to say the reason the DLC isn't announced is that people found these codes is RIDICULOUS. The DLC option isn't even at the menu screen, and these were found after the game's release. All I see is a failed marketing attempt from Sega, that would have been so much better spent in at least ONE commercial, or coverage in something that people will look at more often. And a way to get current fans pumped and happy would have been to release the DLC bit by bit, and make the events possible here. That is how you market a game, not dangling the consumer along with simple codes to fish for here and there. This generation calls for DLC, it almost begs for it. Look at the success of L4D 2 with the blog/weekly game modes (mutations). The marketing there is wonderful, and with highlights to the community. PSP2, as far as I know, doesn't even have a community site as far as I can see... hell a player of the week or anything could work. If there was a site like that, the codes could even be released there ala Animal Crossing. Which, by the by, figured out the code promo strategy years ago. AND, to top it off, people got a full list of items that could be obtained via codes for AC way in advance as well. And what did Nintendo do? Nothing. The reason DLC isn't there, is that it was just another lazyish attempt from SOJ to not give content... which is ridiculous, once again. Something that brought the community together in PSO BB and Universe were the events such as Max Attacks, and now, that's never going to happen with this iteration of the game.

Sorry for the TL;DR, but I just think it's silly to blame 1% of people finding codes as some kind of scapegoat excuse for not getting DLC. This isn't even SoA's fault, SOJ is leaving em flailing, while they SHOULD. be giving them stuff to promote this game with besides codes. Look at Dragon Quest IX- Best Buy event I went to had a poster(which was a nice touch), t-shirts, and an exclusive map while encouraging people to buy the game and play together. I think if PSP 2 had THAT... it'd drum up interest a ton more. Just my two cents. And, this is something that obviously WOULD require money, and some actual support from SOJ on that one.:P

Also, I'm thankful for how many items got to the West from that list, but I still think it a bit shady DLC wasn't announced earlier, and that the future of it is unable to be confirmed even now. I'm thankful the game even got localized, but honestly- sales mean the possibility of new games, and none of my gamer friends even know much about the series. It's very exclusive, and needs a way for more people to get into it.

And, I'm also thankful that people found a way to the DLC.
    Last edited by Fayorei; Sep 26, 2010 at 03:31 PM.

*Plays japanese DLC, Because he is a winrar
    Proud owner of the PSP2 free vent server

Check out the IRC group, for those who prefer to type.