Random "Nice" Swordsman Calsetes's Avatar

Default Challenge Mode - Thoughts?

I did my first online game last night, which was some Challenge Mode maps. I tried it with one other person the first time, and we missed the target by about two minutes or so, but the second time I had some extra help. That group got through the first two maps in the target time on our first try on them. Big thanks to those guys who helped me out with that.

Anyway, what's your guys' opinions on the challenge mode? I kind of like it, since it's pretty unique - start out at one set level, with only one weapon / armor setup, and move towards the goal point leveling as you go. I also like that they unlock some of those Koltovan suit colors as you get the titles. How many maps are there total? I heard that the whole "target time" for everything was 2:30 or so, which means I still have 2 hours' worth of challenge maps to do yet.
    Stupid, stupid rat creatures!

Sword of Azure Lightning Akio-Kasai's Avatar

Seven in total. I've only ever finished the first, because I don't really go online much. So it was my Brother and I and we were able to beat the first JUST as it turned 10 minutes. The second however, we lost.

2:30 Is the total times, but if you want the Title and the Twin Swords, you needs to finish them in 120 Minutes.

The Magnanimous Guardian Magician's Avatar

C mode gives the endgame serious length as folks will continuously farm for extend codes.

Oh, so it's under 2 hours? Cool, guess I'll have something to look forward to, then, as my main specializes in twin swords as one of his weapons of choice.

Yeah I love the Twin Sabers as well, so I'll need to get them, however that means studying the challenge missions and then finding a capable party of four to run them with since two people could never have hopes of beating them in under two hours.

Can you get a sub 2 hour time with 2 people?

Well, I'd be willing to do it. I've had a lot of experience with the Hunter class in the past, and some with Ranger, but I've never been a fan of Forces much and I'm unsure of non-fighting hybrid classes. That said, some practice on those things might be just what I need to be able to play well with them - I tend to pick up things fast.

Me and a crew here on PSO world ran it all in one night. We plan on going back and shaving 14 minutes off of our time for the title and sabers. We have a lot of good fun.
    Proud owner of the PSP2 free vent server

Check out the IRC group, for those who prefer to type.

What I've been doing is running through the first two and memorizing the spawns, then just try to figure out the best approach/PAs to use to get through it.

Honestly it's not something I'm too concerned with right now, since even if I took the time to attain those Sabers, I couldn't use them yet. I'm more focused on leveling, and getting my girlfriend to level as well so I don't leave her behind.