Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I love the cutest girl at Hinata-Sou FinalMasterM's Avatar
    On top of the roof, looking at the sky, with Shinobu.

Quote Originally Posted by parabolee View Post
    No you made the right choice, PSPo1 is essentially a stripped down version of PSU. With no online play.

If you were disappointed in PSU, then PSPo1 would not have made you any happier.

PSPo2 on the other hand is the best entry in the series since Blue Burst.

However Phantasy Star Zero on DS is worth a look, while it has no real connection to this game story-wise; it is a fantastic game.
    Thanks friend. I just got back from a trip to the mall, looked at the price of PSP1 and didn't find the used-old game price of $25 to be acceptable anyway.

Gonna make that new character now and see how well I flow. I'll go back to my Newman once I get a better feel for my Portable PSO, lol.

I'd gladly run with you anytime. Though if you don't want to run with a LVL 70+ I may be forced to lvl one of those slot savers.
    Putting up with the Gurhal System until PSO2.

-PSP2 Character(s)-
    Majin: LVL100+ Human (HUmar/VAmar)

Quote Originally Posted by Majin Crystalia View Post
    I'd gladly run with you anytime. Though if you don't want to run with a LVL 70+ I may be forced to lvl one of those slot savers.
    Would be happy to join, but gonna get this guy up a few levels first, made a Human Hunter.

Wow, got a glave type weapon and I hate it. What's with the direct forward thrust? Didn't want to make the weapon too similar to the Sword?

I'm pretty sure that's a spear you picked up. There's a few spears that don't look like 'spears' per se, but most in the category do. I personally like them better than swords, myself.
    Characters:
    PsP2: Farrence (RAcaseal) lvl 79
    PsP2: Phalanx (VAbeaseal) lvl 25
    (Pics in Album if interested.)

Everybody wants to be a Cast, because a Cast's the only Cast, who knows where it's at.

Best hide your food when I'm around! Mystic_Nessly's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FinalMasterM View Post
    Wow, got a glave type weapon and I hate it. What's with the direct forward thrust? Didn't want to make the weapon too similar to the Sword?

Yea, actually the standard attack on spears is terrible. It does penetrate through multiple enemies which are in a line, though. Where that weapon shines is in its photon arts. Try linking some different photon arts to the spear and you'll see what I mean.

Hey! I just came around to play this too. I was in the "PSU... eh" boat despite trying to play it a good many times on the PC/PS2 servers a while back.

A friend who knew I was into PS showed me the first portable game, but like another poster said, it looked a LOT like PSU mechanics-wise, etc.

Because of the raving of people who enjoyed PSO a lot liking PSP2, I caved and bought it myself. I can't wait to actually BUY a PSP tonight to play.xD

Quote Originally Posted by Fayorei View Post
    Hey! I just came around to play this too. I was in the "PSU... eh" boat despite trying to play it a good many times on the PC/PS2 servers a while back.

A friend who knew I was into PS showed me the first portable game, but like another poster said, it looked a LOT like PSU mechanics-wise, etc.

Because of the raving of people who enjoyed PSO a lot liking PSP2, I caved and bought it myself. I can't wait to actually BUY a PSP tonight to play.xD
    Sounds like me and Disgaea3. I bought it the day it came out, and it's still the the cellophane, buried under the paraphernalia. I've still to get a PS3 to play it. XP
    Characters:
    PsP2: Farrence (RAcaseal) lvl 79
    PsP2: Phalanx (VAbeaseal) lvl 25
    (Pics in Album if interested.)

Everybody wants to be a Cast, because a Cast's the only Cast, who knows where it's at.

Well, since you're skipping PSP1, if you're interested in how the story unfolds to that game, my signature should help provide the answers you're looking for. It's still in WIP though.
    Remembering the Universe. Click below!

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic_Nessly View Post
    Yea, actually the standard attack on spears is terrible. It does penetrate through multiple enemies which are in a line, though. Where that weapon shines is in its photon arts. Try linking some different photon arts to the spear and you'll see what I mean.
    I'll hang onto it then, for now I'll stick to Swords and Daggers.

And thanks for the info Tyreek, I won't feel so lost story-wise now :P