Senior Arks Member..? SquashDemon's Avatar
    I came from Ragol, and all the not-sense that makes with it.

Lightbulb 'Red's Identity?

I'm sure I'm very late to this boat, but does anyone wonder who 'Red' of the ARKZ really is?

I know I did, playing through PSO Ep III again, I noticed something in the dialogue that never really clicked with me before.

Reiz and Rio Both mention Principal Colin Tyrell at some point or another mysteriously 'vanishing' and no one seems to know where 'Red' Came from at all.

There's also the Anti-Aging Drugs that are meant for Newmen, when Nef Miyama used them, he was reduced to an almost child-like state, What's to say that's always the effect they'll have on humans? And Doesn't Red himself even resemble a younger Tyrell? They have the same face!

Furthermore there's his codename: 'Red' As in, 'Red Ring Rico' He clearly never got over the loss of his daughter, after all. There's also the fact that they specifically state Castor and Pollux are NOT his real daughters, but clones of them, this opens two avenues: One, they're both clones of Rico, spliced differently to suit their unique abilities, Or, Two: No one ever said that Colin Tyrell only had one daughter. Either way, it would not be beyond Principal Dol Grisen to punish his predecessor for hindering his plans by way of harming his family, Tyrell easily could have taken this as the 'last straw.'

Remember, after he left the position as Principal, he headed up the Environmental Bureau, This would give him access to the funds, resources and labor he'd need to construct the ARKZ's R-Base, As we know from Peko and Memoru's dialogue, Sue and Black Paper are clearly involved with the ARKZ as Financial Support if nothing else. And Black Paper is controlled by the Three Nation's Alliance. Meaning specific government ties, It's not that unfeasible to think that an Ex-Principal who lost his family may turn to something like this as a way of setting things right again.

So, What do you think? Is it at least possible? Or did ST just throw another character name in and figure "fuck it, no one will care anyways"?
    Episode III for Life.

Plus the Arkz are actually a group within the government probably created to find the Great Shadow.

My Wife Pointed out something, Towards the ARKZ's Endgame

Endu:
    "We're working to finish what Colin started"

Then there's Red's own dialogue:
    "Finally my Daughter can..."
    Castor and Pollux were the subject of genetic mutation, not unlikely that it would affect their appearance slightly, (Pollux has a smaller bust, Castor is blond)

It just seems too likely to be a conincidence.
    Episode III for Life.

Hello there. I was asked to take a look at this topic. May I recommend a topic for you?

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111944

I've done a lot of research on Episode 3, and my notes can be found in that topic. I feel you will find it a good read.

For Red specifrically, I will copy and paste my notes on him. Please not that everything below this point is a spoiler. Highlight it to view it.

Red is the leader of the Arkz. It’s not his real name. R-Base is the name of the Arkz base located on Ragol. It’s layout is identical to Pioneer 2’s Morgue. C.A.R.D. Research is conducted at R-Base. Endu describes him as full of secrets and feels like he’d find out something bad if he were to investigate Red.

Red lost both of his twin daughters at once. He loved them so much he sunk into deep depression. Then he heard about clone technology. He was taken in by the new technology. He had his daughters cloned. The original clones went back to him safely. One day the daughters found out they were clones. They saw themselves cloned over and over again by the government, their forms twisted in a series of wide-ranging experiments. They were the ones used as the basic bodies for the clone weapon. In desperation they joined hands and took their own lives. Red was filled with anger and set fire to the research laboratory. He was kicked out of Pioneer 2 and dumped onto Ragol. He could never forget about his two daughters. As time passed the government turned its attention away from cloning and toward C.A.R.D. Technology. The clone weapon research ended in failure and the test cases were thrown into an abandoned laboratory on Ragol. Red met these test cases in the lab. His “daughters” were changed into living weapons, there were dozens of them. They were all twisted into irrepairable shapes. He still wished for his twin daughters to come back to him, he still does now At the end of the Arkz story Red says that by defeating the Great Shadow we can “put the souls of all the experiment victims to rest,” almost certainly referring to his daughters. Makes you wonder if the Arkz are truly about fighting the evils of the government, or if all of this is a personal thing about what happened to his daughters. The clone weapons based off Red’s daughters are still asleep somewhere in R-Base.

Just as the final battle is beginning, Red suddenly doesn’t want to destroy the Germ but instead take control of the entire supply. Doing this should enable them to rematerialize pretty much anything and the dematerialization will last a lot longer. His last lines in the game are “Finally, my daughter will…” which seems to indicate that Red has had a hidden agenda all this time. Restoring his daughters.

Could Chief Red be Colin? During Episode 1 and 2 Rico is his only daughter. But in the 20 years after Episode 2, he could have fathered twins. The name Red could be in tribute to Red Ring Rico. And if he lost both his daughters, that would be three daughters that were lost, which certainly could explain the obsession with his daughters clones and keeping them in R-Base. Both Red and Tyrell oppose the government now. Combine this with that Tyrell mysteriously disappeared and that newman drugs have an anti-aging effect, a strong argument can be made that Tyrell is Red. This is however unproven.

I don't know, I don't think tyrell would have unexplained daughter(s), if he did have more of a family you'd think it woujld of been more well known or at least a reason for not being talked up a bit more, it would make an interesting story at least. and when red says,"Finally my daughter will..." isn't it possiple it's difficult for him to say due to the pain of losing his loved ones not that he some hidden agenda.

It's possible. What you see is what we get, so we just have to reason it as best we can. Though Red certainly seems to have hidden agendas during the story mode.

Well, glad to see I'm not the only one who sees this possibility.
    Episode III for Life.

It's likely that this is an opportunity for PSO 2 to explain this, as the word "Arkz" appeared at one point in the teaser trailer.