Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    Ban blue McNuggets Save Rappies PinkyMonkey's Avatar

I originally played on Tribunal but moved to Quellious in 2000 when I moved to Japan to join a Japanese guild (back when I was young and played games to study as well as have fun ). I went back to EQ about a year ago and it is a lot more solo friendly now with the merc system and if you 2 box with mercs you can solo LDON. Then again only really became solo roiented since having kids..wife/baby agro tag team is tough =)

The first thing I thought of when I started PSP2 was how similar it was to EQs Ldon system. It's almost like the pso dev team was influenced by it. Nice to see a fellow Everquest player btw..I play on the 7th hammer (although we merged with tunare and are now known as Tunare/7th hammer)

I played on Solusek Ro, but don't play anymore, even though I heard it's not much of a time sink now like it was back in 2000. I took a look again on EQ2 now that it's free to play. I wish they made EQ1 and Vanguard free to play though.

The only pay to play MMO on PC that I play since release, because it's not so much of a time sink and you can just hop in and do some missions is City of Heroes/City of Villains. Other stuff I play is free to play stuff or console games (Xbox 360, PSP, NDS, PS3, Wii).

In the 30s here too. I basically jumped into Phantasy Star (online) games, with both feet, right from the initial Japanese release of the Dreamcast version. Loved it. Got another friend of mine addicted to it, and I pretty much kept up with it ever since. Got around to playing the original series as well, though I have only significantly played PS1 and PS2. I still have PS3 and PS4 to go through.

The Gaming Geezers was a group I worked with, when I got into stuff like FF11 and such. I think I was probably the youngest entry, at the time, but it was great. It's actually just a group for those who are mature gamers. I met some good friends on there, some of which, to this day, are on my Gamertag friendlist on Xbox Live. It really helped get me a great start on a friends list, where we can have a good time playing multi-player games.
    Last edited by Akaimizu; Oct 12, 2010 at 09:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fcseven View Post
    Nice to see I'm not the only person here in my 30s. I was afraid this site was full of 14 year olds lol.I'm 35 and like to think our generation is responsible for the explosion of creativity and huge strides gaming made in the late 80's/early 90's. As a gamer I like to think I age like fine wine. It's not like I need to add bengay to my hands after a gaming session .

A bit off topic but I see alot of folks play/played EQ. Do you still play and on what server?
    I played on Brell Serilis from old world though GoW, quit and haven't looked back. While My character's played time was over 780 days played, I do not regret that time at all. EQ will always have a soft spot in my heart where I met many lifelong friends, and saw the wheels of life turn inside of what was a second home.

Obviously for us hardcore EQ players, it's difficult to find a mmo to stick with after an experience like that. I play WoW off and on, but there is no challenge there.

To all the other old timers - Check out Demon's Souls if you own a PS3. It's considered THE most difficult and challenging game of this time, however for us, it's your typical difficulty from when we were kids and games weren't cookie cutter .
    Playing as Keahi on Phantasy Star Portable 2 - US Version.

I never really felt Demon Souls was that difficult in a regular difficulty aspect. It felt more like a game that was punishing to force some memorization. The worst parts were usually you getting caught by some trap the first time you get there, and then you know how to get past that later. You just had little to know way of knowing it was there, the first time. Or oddly placed spikes in strong opponents in certain directions, that are easy to run up against if you explore. They are meant to be fought later, but the game doesn't tell you that other than killing you the first time with it.

Good game that it is. It's not difficult in the same vein as the newer Ninja Gaiden game was. Where as your skill went up, you could push ahead into new territory where it's less about surprises and more about not having quite the skill to beat those opponents and have life to last to get to that next save point. GoW is a mix of the two. Sometimes it's instant death traps for which are so fast, one might not have time to process the proper method to not get killed before it's too late, and some generally challenging opponent combinations.

DS felt more like GoW, but the difficulty leaned more towards the death trap focus.

25 here

Started on DC episode 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrai View Post
    I played on Brell Serilis from old world though GoW, quit and haven't looked back. While My character's played time was over 780 days played, I do not regret that time at all. EQ will always have a soft spot in my heart where I met many lifelong friends, and saw the wheels of life turn inside of what was a second home.

Obviously for us hardcore EQ players, it's difficult to find a mmo to stick with after an experience like that. I play WoW off and on, but there is no challenge there.

To all the other old timers - Check out Demon's Souls if you own a PS3. It's considered THE most difficult and challenging game of this time, however for us, it's your typical difficulty from when we were kids and games weren't cookie cutter .
    Reminds me of the old EQ1 days where you had to know all the maps with their designs, spanws and pathing of mobs, and aggro through walls and trains and so on. Remember how you could get aggro from mobs that weren't attacking anymore when you were sitting? That's a running gag of me and our friends when playing other casual MMOs.

And it's true you can't find another MMO like EQ1..... others like Vanguard where nice but none of them will bring back the feelings and memories I had with EQ 1.

Camp check!

N.R.A. National Ranger Association Roontek's Avatar

25 been playing since PSO GCN days... And been around here for a long long time.
    ♠PS:P2♠
    •Roontek | Cast M | lvl 15 | RA [5]

•Jannali | Newman F | lvl 80 | FO [12]

•Signus X1| Cast F | lvl 110 | HU [21]

Gaurd Dog Of the East NicorTheDuke's Avatar

19 here.PSP2 is my first PS game.saw it on playstation store and i said to myself"looks fun".i dowloaded and was freaking hooked. LVL108 cast (Force Hunter Combo )