Page 1 of 21 123411 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Arrow Important news for PSP2 players in the west regarding online play

Hi everyone,

Some important news that I wanted to pass on today, which could come into play in the near future. (Worry not though - it's good stuff.)

I'm sure many of you have heard or remember the issues with the authentication check not working properly for PSP2. This essentially made all those shiny codes we spent a long time securing null and void, as it meant that anyone could get online, even if they didn't get a legitimate copy of the game.

On that front, some good news - this will soon no longer be the case.

We've been working hard with Sony to help determine why the problem was occurring and what could be done to fix it. A solution has now been worked out, but there's a chance it might require existing players to download the Little Wing License from the PSN store again. Worry not though, as it will be free and automatically available.

So, if at any point in the near future you run into an error logging in, just head to the PSN store and you should see a new version of the Little Wing License to pick up, which will be free to download for both retail and digital copies of the game.

I'll post again as I hear more news about when this might go live and a more detailed set of directions to find the new Little Wing License if this route is pursued. I'm passing this news on early and it's definitely subject to change, but I wanted to pass it on ahead of time so that people know we're taking care of the issue and what to do if they run into a Little Wing License error at any point.

Thanks everyone.

- Ruby

W00T!

Hopefully this will help stop some of the cheaters...And maybe some of the pervs.
    Proud owner of the PSP2 free vent server

Check out the IRC group, for those who prefer to type.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkPhoton View Post
    W00T!

Hopefully this will help stop some of the cheaters...And maybe some of the pervs.
    AMEN!
    PSPo2;
    Graviteon: CAST, Male, level 102,RA/16 VA/15|Nalma: Newman, male, level 90, FO/13 VA/13

I am a RAcast to know what you are take the quiz here.

Very reasonable. Good luck on getting that update ready. I'll let my friends know about that so they don't get surprised.

One other advice. If you can update the NEWS screen (which comes up when a player logs onto infrastructure) with info that they will need to redownload the license freely before that update is made. That'll help get the word out to other infrastructure players that might not check the boards.

cheaters yes maybe it will.... pervs umm i don't really think so since mostly every party i see is a sex room >.> theres only a couple of players i play with cause everyone else is either chatting or creating pervy rooms.

Hi everyone,

Good news - this update has just gone live!

To clarify again on the specifics:

- All users now need the code granted within the retail copy of the game or which was automatically awarded when purchased digitally to access the online servers. This code has been updated, so you will need to download it once more. (Download history should work.)

- If you've already entered a code and are getting errors logging in, you can redownload the code and this should automatically take care of things.

- New users to the online servers from today forward should automatically download the new code, meaning they won't have to download twice. (I haven't been able to test this yet, but this is the dev team's intention.)

As with any patch or update that affects connectivity, I'm sure there may be some people who have trouble getting online - so if that's you, please also feel free to contact us at http://help.sega.com for customer service if you're having any trouble with your code.

Finally, if you pirated the game and are now mad because you can't play online with a game that was illegally stolen, we recommend taking a course on ethics and realizing why these actions can severely hurt the game series you enjoy. We'd love to give games like this even more support, but numbers do make a difference - and we greatly appreciate each and every loyal fan who did their part to support PSP2 by picking up a copy.

For those playing on used copies, there is currently no additional method to purchase a code individually, though we did try to explore this possibility as much as we could for you guys. I know this was covered off back at launch, but just wanted to mention it once more as I know the question has come up before.

Thanks to everyone for their patience as we worked to get these codes up and running as intended - I'll pass on any more news I hear from the dev team as it arrives. Until then, please feel free to post here or to help.sega.com with any questions or concerns.

Thank you!
    Last edited by RubyEclipse; Dec 13, 2010 at 07:16 AM.

Wow, that's some interesting news there Ruby! Now we can enjoy online without fear of being hacked or anything. Thanks for bringing us this news!
    Heeding the call of the Hunter in PSP2? Use this: Beginner's Guide to Hunter Domination

"You either die the hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Quote Originally Posted by RenzokukenZ View Post
    Wow, that's some interesting news there Ruby! Now we can enjoy online without fear of being hacked or anything. Thanks for bringing us this news!
    Of course! I'm just glad to finally see it go live.

Since the update has me up at 4 AM anyway, I'll be checking a few things on my end too and will be here to help troubleshoot for a bit. Let me know if anything comes up!

Quote Originally Posted by RubyEclipse View Post
    Hi everyone,

Good news - this update has just gone live!

To clarify again on the specifics:

- All users now need the code granted within the retail copy of the game or which was automatically awarded when purchased digitally to access the online servers. This code has been updated, so you will need to download it once more. (Download history should work.)
    Im a bit confused :3

If we already had entered our code online before the update, we dont have to enter it again right? The ''this code has been updated, so you will need to download it once more.'' part confuses me. :3 I seem to have logged into psp2 online fine though.
    Lvl 124/ Type Lvl 23 (vanguard) Cast Female
    Lvl 15/ Type Lvl 5 (newman) Force Female

NC, USA (Online though, you may find me in the unofficial PSOW chat @ http://psoworld.weebly.com/)

Nice, now we won't have any more topics on boards about people logging in without their pass.

Instead, we'll get them asking why they can't log in.

{-} Sig is outdated. Now on Team: ChibiRoar. I'll update eventually... {-}

TemprusofTime @ Deviantart (Novice MMD User)

PSOW on mibbit---
    BTW, yes I'm one of those guy gamers that plays nothing but girl characters. There a problem with that?