Default My type will not level up

LONGISH POST COMIN' UP:
    Alright well I was up late last night soloing missions when I noticed something.After completing the mission as usual it would give me some type points.However when it would show the small menu afterwards where there is the image of the bar gaining the exp for your class it did not move up.Leaving me stuck about halfway at Ranger 21.

I didn't notice right away but when I did I did several more missions taking note of the number needed and overall exp for it.Each time the bar did not move and I although it said I had received type points the bar would not move.After trying everything I could think of like switching classes (which did gain exp and level up) and switching back I still found myself stuck halfway through Ranger level 21. I ended up giving in and remaking my character. I did have a backup save and I did play online with randoms recently before that.I did not notice anything fishy in any of those games though.So I suppose if it were from someone cheating I must have not noticed and made the backup at an already bad point.

Im not bawing over it though this is my main concern.Will just remaking my character from scratch (not deleting the save file but saving over the character who has this issue) prevent me from passing on this issue (if it can be passed on from playing with me) to my friends.The last thing I want to do is ruin my friends characters/saves.

If there is already a thread with a bug or glitch like this that I can be directed to I would be glad to have it linked to me.Other then that im open to listening to w/e anyone has to say about it

Wow there really seems to be a lot of nasty hacks going around.
    Reality hits like a baseball bat, duck-taped to a bus thats moving very fast!
    Japanese body pillows - Why not go the next mile and buy a blow up doll?
    Old people, they may look friendly but can you really trust them?
    Light-Blessed Crusader's Divine Rainbow Hand of Just Righteousness
    http://www.vat19.com/dvds/worlds-largest-gummy-bear.cfm

Quote Originally Posted by kongajinken View Post
    Wow there really seems to be a lot of nasty hacks going around.
    Well..yeah lol.I'm not so much concerned with having lost my character and the small amount of rares and etc.I'm worried about potentially playing with my good friends and ruining their saves as well.Up to the point where I haven't done a thing with my new character just in case I have to clear my whole save.If anyone knows if it could mess them up.Or if I should just delete my save file and start completely fresh feel free to let me know.

I had a similar problem, just instead of class exp it was character exp. My total EXP was cut after playing online with someone who was hacking, so I needed to play catch up to level up to 64... it was about 600k exp that I needed for one level. Needless to say, I made a new character.

Sega needs to crack down on these sorts of things. I wouldn't have so much of a problem with people cheating if it didn't effect the people playing with them; afterall, cheating to level and to get the best equipment just means that they're going to quit the game earlier than people who actually play legitimately. This isn't Grand Theft Auto... you don't need to cheat in this game, and once you do... what else is there to do? It's moronic.

If you want more information on what happened to me, it's all documented here. Something similar might have happened to your class EXP.

Yes I remember that thread well.Although it is very annoying i'm just going to wipe my save data and start a new game.Seems like the best way to avoid anything else happening.

Are the randoms you people end up playing with Lv200? One way of preventing other players from altering your character is by being the party host.
    PSZ : HUnewm Lv85+
    Infinity : Lv128 ; Br28
    -----------------
    Twitter: @Jthreau

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleJG View Post
    Are the randoms you people end up playing with Lv200? One way of preventing other players from altering your character is by being the party host.
    No,I tend to stay away or leave is someone pops in at level 200.The passed few runs I did nothing seemed odd with the randoms I joined with for the most part or I would have left right away without saving.It's just something I must have missed.I was fairly confident with my backup save id have been alright.Which why I was disappoint when I realized how recent it was and that I probably saved whatever happened there as well.

Just a quick note for anyone who cares.I managed to find a second slightly older back up save I had made before going online last night.So i'm pretty good now it seems even if i'm missing some of my more recent items,was quite a scare though.gl hunting o;